**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why I stopped playing dungeons.

Let me get the good stuff out of the way. I really enjoy the concept. The rewards aren't bad... if you have good prestige(I really "love" that mechanic).
As for why I stopped playing(besides getting screwed over in terms of the rewards), I had issues with the dungeons. The problems are as follows:
- The other person ignores nodes and goes on to fight.
- The other person takes the wrong path.
- The other person stays at the very start and makes you do all the work.
- The other person wants to leave after one room and doesn't change their mind
- The other person gets destroyed in the first room
- 3 hours to complete all milestones(for me at least)
- Becomes stale after 10 minutes

And my biggest pet peeve:
- The other person doesn't do anything. As in, doesn't press any buttons after I had to do the dungeon all by myself. I'm forced to wait 12 minutes to play more dungeons.

I can't enjoy something when one of these happens 80% of the time. The last one happens the most.
If this gets released again, here are my recommendations:
1. Don't cut the rewards for prestige
Take a look at what you did for the 3 year anniversary. Cutting the 5*s for people like me who are DESPERATE for 5*s for they are at a point in the game to where 5*s are needed is a bad move. It just makes playing it less fun.
2. Make a "RUN SOLO" option.
It helps prevent the last issue in particular. My biggest pet peeve.
3. Make an option for 3 and 4 players.
This is a fun idea I had. It breaks things up and keeps it interesting. Even if the issues above could happen.

That's all that I can really think of to fix the mode. As is, I don't have the patience to waste 3 hours on a mode to get pretty much nothing. It gets extremely repetitive and boring. It starts to become a chore and a slog to get through. And that is why I have stopped playing dungeons.

Comments

• HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Find a partner through your alliance or a line dungeon group, it will improve your experience greatly
  • BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    Almost all of the issues you discussed are from running the dungeons with random partners. You should try to stick to running them with your alliance mates. They just made it easier to get points with the start of today's dungeon which cut down the time you need for the full milestones in half, so it's a lot better now. A solo mode would pretty much be a quest which currently exist so that would defeat the purpose of this mode
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    You should be able to forfeit before the first fight in room 1 when doing a random partner.

No points, no cooldown. Just a chance to find a new partner if the person never moves.

If you start a fight you can’t forfeit any longer.. to prevent exploiting.

• BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    defeat the purpose of this mode? i can think of 2 purposes for the dungeons:

1: dark artifacts. currently there doesn't exist a solo quest that awards them.

2) co-op gameplay. if you go with this purpose (as in, you care about team play more than the rewards, then the milestones should be no problem because you would be playing the dungeons regardless). when you hit all milestones, do you keep playing the dungeons?

Kabam created this mode to add a co-op mode and put the dark artifacts in this specific mode. If they did not want a co-op mode, then they would have simply put dark artifacts as rewards in the event quest. So yes, implementing a solo mode would defeat the purpose of this CO-OP mode
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Take a look at titles of your potential dungeon mate and decide from that. Never hit the matchmaking thing. Always scout on global or play with someone in your contacts
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Should be able to find a friend or alliance member to count on.

I quit doing them because they were to time consuming to run and grind arena, all while trying to run EQ as well.
    Like the addition of co-op, just not a fan of the concept.
  • SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 495 ★★
    Co-sign on a solo dungeon.

I have a great alliance (retirement). The only issues I have is sometimes nodoby is available when I am.