**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Let's Supercharge Electro!

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
I posted this Idea in March; but accidentally in the Bugs thread. I thought I'd tweak it and repost to see if it got any more traction in the Suggestions thread.

I'd like to cast a vote suggesting that Electro could do with significant changes. He's a glass cannon with zero utility, whose current design actively punishes effective gameplay:

1 - Electro's most notable ability is to electrocute on contact, like a Thorns node. So if you're a more advanced player, good at not getting hit, it achieves nothing. If you block your opponents attacks, they take less damage than if they actually hit you, which doesn't really make sense; particularly since if he were actually blocking an attack he would be trying to inflict a shock; whereas when being punched in the face he wouldn't.
2 - If you successfully bait out your opponent's Special Attacks, it reduces the critical rate bonus you get from Electro's Signature ability.

Do I need to go on?

His health is absurdly low; second only to Rocket (who at least has a physical explanation for this, being an anthropomorphic cyborg raccoon - Electro is a physically normal human). This was originally justified to balance his high damage, critical rating, and critical damage. Unfortunately, both of those stats have been reduced in efficacy by Diminishing Returns; and to a lesser extent by Challenger Rating, whilst Electro's health has remained the same.
Last but not least, having been introduced to the game long before the 'Shock' damage over time mechanic was introduced, Electro is not only vulnerable to shock damage, but can't actually inflict it himself.

4jq5faaajns9.jpg

My thoughts for a change are below:

Base stats rework:
- Health improved (a little) to be at least on a par with Spiderman or Wolverine.
- Base Damage, Critical rating and critical damage to be reduced to an average level.
- Blocking ability to be increased to a moderately good level.

Static shock rework:
- When struck, Electro inflicts Shock damage equal to 10% of his Attack.
- When he successfully blocks an attack, Electro inflicts Shock damage equal to 20% of his Attack. This rises to 40% on a well-timed block.

New Signature:
Whenever Electro strikes with a critical hit, he has up to a 40% chance to inflict shock causing damage equal to 75% of his Attack over four seconds (This may sound overpowered; but actually just means that Electro inflicts Shock the way that characters like Black Panther inflict bleed).

New passive effects:
- Electro does not suffer any damage from Static shock or from Shock debuffs, instead gaining power proportionate to the damage they would have inflicted.
- Electro's heavy attack inflicts Shock damage rather than physical.
- Whenever Electro stuns an opponent, he also inflicts a shock debuff of equal duration causing 33% of his attack damage per second for the duration of the stun. This applies both to his Special attacks, and use of the Parry mastery or node-related Stun effects.
- Electro's shock-based Damage (Heavy attacks, Special attacks, static shock and shock debuffs) and his ability accuracy rises by 15% against metal opponents.

Thoughts or suggestions? Who wants this? Who wants something else? (Another option could be for him to charge up like Nebula, for example).

Comments

• JemanjiJemanji Posts: 30
    I like the sound of what your implying. Electro does need a massive revamp. He’s a really good strong villain but his in game character doesn’t do him justice. Always one of my favourite characters from the comics so would be nice to see him up there with the other amazing champs. Have him re skinned too maybe to the all blue electric look from Spider-Man 2 film.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Sounds good! But kabam won’t do it lol
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Also forgot to mention. Very well thought out.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I agree with all. But I hope Kabam releases or reworks champions so they are shock immune.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Sounds good! But kabam won’t do it lol

Probably not. But if you don't ask, you don't get!

These things do get read by mods; and occasionally something happens. Plus I enjoy thinking them through, so either way I get to enjoy myself.

Thanks for the feedback, though.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I agree also Thor and Storm should be shock immune as well