**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

is todays Trial of infinite a little too hard?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Yesterday was a little more complex for me because I honestly didn't care what day it was. I just loaded up a team and went in, which was borderline stupid.

Really, it's just what the above folks have said: You gotta outdamage the regen and not parry.

I had a SIM, Angela and OML to deal with. The SIM was annoying because of the enhanced regeneration, but one character that doesn't get enough credit in these things is OG Hulk.

I had my 5/50 in there, sig 75. And once I powered through SIM, Hulk and Iceman took care of the rest.

OG Hulk can outdamage a lot once he gets below 50 percent health or so
  • Options
    StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Nope it was easy
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Rogue42 wrote: »
    Who did you use against him. I fought him with Medusa, and while it was difficult I was able to beat him.

i literally stated who I bought lol. Ultron,blade,GR,gully,and hood

With those champs, you should have walked through that quest. Hood can stagger the regen. Guilly can reverse it. Blade can out damage it.

thats what I thought too. but somehow the heal block didn't block the 7 sec regen

Thats because the regen isnt a buff so cant be staggered. If opponent regen health from a debuff, try not to parry. Intercepting reduces the the number of debuffs by not stunning them. Dont take champs which rely on debuffs to work, e.g. bleed champs (unless the bleeds outdo the regen... which is rare). All of your champs rely on debuffs to work.
  • Options
    superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    Nope it was easy
    With Hood that trial especially is a cakewalk.
  • Options
    DeePrimeDeePrime Posts: 7
    I used 4* 4/40 sabertooth with the killmonger synergy and never procced masochism once.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    So today I did masters trial, the regeneration one. I bought Ultron,blade,GR,gully(duped), and Hood. First champ i fought was easy, then I fought Iron man. He started to regen every 7 seconds, which I suppose can get heal blocked. but NO. it didn't block the regen and iron man kept regening. Its kinda unfair how you get him down to like 5% then he just regens back to 30% and kills you. Kinda a cash grab? I mean he killed all of my champs and hes still at 20% after 5 revives. A few of my ally members got the same feeling as me. what do you guys think?

You didn't give the option I'd vote for, which is: yes it's hard, but your problem is that you didn't bring the right champs.

Ultron is bad on this mission - his bleed is weak and will regularly trigger Masochism. Hood is at best okay - he triggers quite a few debuffs like Shock and Stun, so you can't use S1. His Stagger will only work against the 15% arc overload, and only then if an Armour Up doesn't use it first. His S3 can do some serious damage if you haven't baited or your opponent's power though.
    GR can work, but his basic damage isn't huge, and both Fate Seal and Damnation are debuffs.
    Guillotine can work, but she will trigger a lot of regeneration with her bleeds. You'll also need to make sure that you 'clear' the Masochism before landing your SP2 which should then affect subsequent Masochism triggers.
    Blades bleed isn't good enough to out-power the Masochism, and IM is a hero, so no Danger Sense. He might out-damage it, but not as reliably as some of the other champs mentioned above, like Sparky, Star Lord, etc.

With Masochism you need to choose a strategy of either powering through it like @Gwendoline suggests (champs like Black Panther, Drax, Hyperion, etc) or taking champs that don't trigger any debuffs; and avoid Parrying. Even turn off Parry, if you want to. Awakened Archangel is the only totally reliable champion to shut down the Masochism, once he gets some neurotoxins going.

Stagger is a safe way of avoiding those Pesky Arc Overloads; but JF or Juggernaut can both Stagger better than Hood does. Alternately, champs with ability accuracy reduction like Black Widow or Crossbones.

Don't feel too bad. This is definitely the hardest day of the seven day challenge. You could even do Heroic instead, just to pick up the boost to use on day seven. I did that once or twice during Black Panther's challenge, as I kept getting stonewalled by King Groot.
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    Nope it was easy
    I can see why you are having a problem, Masochism is a node where you need to forget about parry and even with that team you will still be feeding debuffs into masochism as 80% of your team have a bleed. Guillys heal reversal doesn't seem to work against Masochism and Hood's stagger would only work against Ironmans final regen. You need to try bring in a raw damage champ that doesn't rely on debuffs, ie; Scarlet Witch, Angela, Star Lord, Hyperion arc. I used my r5 4* Stark Spidey, built up 10 poise and just went ham, his taunt also counts a debuffs and a times I was powering through the regen, but got all 3 enemies down in 25ish hits.

I used Guilly on those fights, and have ko'd more than one by parrying to trigger masochism.
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    djr17 wrote: »
    I can see why you are having a problem, Masochism is a node where you need to forget about parry and even with that team you will still be feeding debuffs into masochism as 80% of your team have a bleed. Guillys heal reversal doesn't seem to work against Masochism and Hood's stagger would only work against Ironmans final regen. You need to try bring in a raw damage champ that doesn't rely on debuffs, ie; Scarlet Witch, Angela, Star Lord, Hyperion arc. I used my r5 4* Stark Spidey, built up 10 poise and just went ham, his taunt also counts a debuffs and a times I was powering through the regen, but got all 3 enemies down in 25ish hits.

I used Guilly on those fights, and have ko'd more than one by parrying to trigger masochism.

If you time her S2 right, she does amazing. But her reversal healing thing (phantasm?) is a debuff so it needs to be timed right. Otherwise it's just gone.
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Nope it was easy
    If you have champions with heal block or fate seal, that can help. Or you just need to do a lot of damage at one time. There is three champions and you can have 5, so don't give up and do your best.