**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

For people that feel like the life/game balance stinks, seriously, take a 2 week break...

MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
It's not long enough that you'll miss the monthly quest rewards if you need them but it's long enough where you'll see the space you get back in your life. Then... add back in the parts of the game you like... Skip AW... Skip AQ... Skip arenas... Skip all the areas of the game that cost you the most credits or time. Skip the **** credit grab bosses or better yet, don't spend items on them unless they're free.

This is a freemium game. Play it like a freemium game and let the developers figure out better ways to get us to spend money. Spend your free resources from the time you have to play and that's how you progress. The PLAYERS are perpetuating what's happening in the game by spending to not let their teammates down and Kabam is leveraging that to increase revenue. It's one way to increase revenue, but it's not the only way.

Alliances keep too many people attached to this game artificially, I stayed too long in a higher tiered alliance and burned out hard.

Now, in a vacation/casual alliance with no requirements, there's way less stress and the game is way less expense. When I come on the forums, the big issues that people are **** about seem small.

When you stop chasing the champs that Kabam doesn't want to give you anyway, you see the game for what it really is.

Most of the hate in the forums falls under the "get gud" or "you want rewards for nothing you snowflake" categories... To the people that come on here to state you can't have a family life AND maximize your free MCoC rewards, imagine how **** your life is if you max all your free MCoC rewards and troll the forums to **** on others... Imagine if MCoC is all you have in life...

Comments

• Options
    NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    Haha, I feel like if I did this, I would never come back. Half the drive is to keep up with everyone else, and I have already decided dungeons are a super low priority, even with some nice rewards being missed out on.
  • Options
    RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    yeah i left my ally yesterday. i am gonna still play but i dont think im gonna join a retired alliance either. im gonna fly solo for a month or two and see how i like it
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I dont know what it is to be in a super competitive alliance but in our alliance we are doing pretty well -

1) We finish about 1200 rank in AQ.
    2) We win most wars, but the ones that we don't, no one fusses too much about it. Usually it's down to a super strong opponent or a little bit of Diversity points.
    3) We placed in Gold 3 last season and the rewards are still pretty good. Honestly, for the effort the rewards don't scale well in higher tiers.
    4) We support each other in times of family emergencies / vacations etc and people opt out themselves when they feel like they cannot contribute enough. They come back later on.

You can easily balance work / family / game life if you actually are aware of your situation and available time. Too many people try to chase too many catalysts and forget about too many personal moments, their personal moments are pulling an Iceman or Blade.
  • Options
    For obvious reasons, the trolls that overpower voices on threads about the overwhelming nature of MCoC right now are really detracting from the discussion.

I'd say most of the people that are putting up these concerns are people whose lives have filled up outside of the game.

It is HARD to leave your alliance. We went through the beta testing of AW together. We went through the pain of the 12.0 nerfs together. We went through the t4cc drought together. The bond is strong.

And we get bonded to our rosters because it took so much effort to build them.

The people that beef about how huge the game is are beefing because they feel their connection to the game is being taken away. They feel less and less relevant and less and less listened to. It's easy to dismiss them as whiny.
  • Options
    NgocvinhhbNgocvinhhb Posts: 2
    Many new too strong and limit time to attack charms and too many hard events make I must think about what to do with them ? They nerfs charms to keep balance in game, but now ? They damage the game !
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Good advice, im at the point where I log in every few days now, collect a few things etc and get on with the rest of my life.

When they fix some of the issues I’ll play daily again.
  • Options
    Right now, I'm playing through monthly quests and my rewards will be what I can get without buying credits...

We'll see how I feel about things after a couple of months of that.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    I've only ever played for fun, yes my 260k rating and terrible prestige reflects that but it really doesn't matter unless it matters.

Play for fun and its a pretty good timewaster, make it a job and it will be exactly that after a while.

• Options
    tinman76tinman76 Posts: 116
    Rixob wrote: »
    yeah i left my ally yesterday. i am gonna still play but i dont think im gonna join a retired alliance either. im gonna fly solo for a month or two and see how i like it

I did the solo thing for about 5 weeks. I enjoyed it, but missed getting the sa rewards. Joined a retirement alli and there is no pressure to do aq or aw.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Casual, completely free play is the best way to go IMO. Haven't spent a penny and never will on this game. Once in a blue moon I'll dump in time in the basic 4* arena but other than that I just usually hit the lowest milestones needed for the lowest rank reward. Once I learned to stop wasting my units on premium crystals and crystal shard crystals, I found that I actually have a really good supply of units to use on mastery and the occasional offer that I think is worth my free units.