**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Player limber recovery

Is there a specific set of masteries that are allowing opponents in arena and AW to recover faster from parry? I have played arena and AW and recently the recovery rate of opponents is ridiculous, I have limber maxed out and when I’m parried the recovery isn’t nearly as fast.

Comments

• Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Some champs have built in limber and combined with the limber mastery it's really fast. Rogue and Groot are examples. Some nodes also have limber in war so the same thing happens. Other champs shrug off buffs so the parry is just there for a split second, examples are agent venom, crossbones and king Groot.
    So if it's happening against certain champs you might research them a little so you don't get surprised in the future. Good luck.
  • Options
    Mikea117Mikea117 Posts: 96
    Oh yeah I know that haha I’m talking about champs like starlord, carnage and all the basic ones that don’t shrug it off it’s crazy.
  • Options
    Ruzzman1Ruzzman1 Posts: 49
    Do you have stupefy or perfect block ? It could be your opponent has stupefy and perfect block both of which can extend the length of their stuns , making it seem like they recover faster than you .
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Yeah I have both maxed as well. I’m not sure what it is to be honest. It’s like fighting rogue at times with how quick they recover. I spent maybe 15 seconds consecutively parrying their attacks after they recover. And like I said previously they’re not stun debuff champs like Karnak, rogue etc. they’re champs like ultron, vision, dd etc.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    omioq7anxqax.jpg
    There is a limber mastery. At level 5 it's a 48% reduction to stun.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Mikea117 wrote: »
    Is there a specific set of masteries that are allowing opponents in arena and AW to recover faster from parry? I have played arena and AW and recently the recovery rate of opponents is ridiculous, I have limber maxed out and when I’m parried the recovery isn’t nearly as fast.

I get the same feeling. I always feel like my champs don't get the same amount of benefit from limber. However, actually I'm pretty sure Limber is working, and I'm just experiencing a cognitive bias in perception.

Limber definitely works as advertised in questing. I've deliberately tanked a couple of S3s against opponents with 2x stun duration (which gives someone like Thor a nine second stun window) to test it out; and limber definitely helped me throw it off in half the time.
  • Options
    @Dexman1349 my limber is maxed out and doesn’t recover at the rate through which I’m talking about. Let’s say I use parry against any starlord, my parry is maxed as well, so he should be stunned to at least start a combo even with the opponent having maxed out limber. This doesn’t happen, instead the opposing starlord almost immediately shrugs off the stun and starts their own combo. I know there has been a thread about the recovery rate in AQ but this is arena. It shouldn’t happen that quick on champs like that.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    If the AI has max limber, they should be shrugging it off pretty quick. Because this is in arenas, the AI have the masteries as set by that player (except Kang and Thanos teams). I've seen some opponents drop their stun really quickly because of it.

Players who use NC, Spidey, and Rogue a lot will have that setup because then they're almost stun immune on defense without the buff.
  • Options
    LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    No ik what they’re talking about. You’ll go to war and everything’s fine. With both sides maxed out on stun and stun resist masteries, you still stun with a parry for at least a second and a half, but in versus, they’ll sometimes break out of stuns so fast it looks like they were almost unstunnable. I’ve had moments where I parried someone and they broke the stun before I even had time to react to parrying them. And I was fighting Drax. I don’t think Drax breaks out of parries faster than Groot and Rogue. Both of whom I fought in War shortly after. And after playing the game for so long, you can definitely tell who maxed out those masteries.
  • Options
    Yeah it’s mainly the champs that are from the earliest recesses of this game that are breaking stun quickly. The stun break champs should be able to drop stun like nothing but drax? No way haha. Oh well just have to intercept and evade (when it works).
  • Options
    And also by no means was this post to give players the idea of wanting to nerf anything or have anything changed, I was just curious to see if other players were experiencing this or if it was an issue with players in general.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I think it’s happening in map 6 of dungeons, also the mystics keep gaining power like mystic dispersion, I think they have boosted the masteries for the ai in dungeons, haven’t noticed it in arena
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    I think it’s happening in map 6 of dungeons, also the mystics keep gaining power like mystic dispersion, I think they have boosted the masteries for the ai in dungeons, haven’t noticed it in arena

The AI has no masteries in Dungeons. If enemies are gaining power and you don't know why, try reading the nodes or that enemy's specific abilities
  • Options
    aaron_maaron_m Posts: 2
    I totally agree that champs that shouldn't be are dropping out of stun immediately... Kind of like when a skill sentinel does it just in time to beat the **** out of you... There's definitely something biased in arenas in the ai's favor, that's for sure