**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are newer champions getting weaker?

i saw it with Carnage and Phoenix and SpiderGwen got some hate alittle Voodoo is ok but Punisher 2099 looks legit yet he isnt that formidable

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    A4_Awesome wrote: »
    i saw it with Carnage and Phoenix and SpiderGwen got some hate alittle Voodoo is ok but Punisher 2099 looks legit yet he isnt that formidable

If Voodoo is "ok", who's good?
  • A4_AwesomeA4_Awesome Posts: 73
    Hyperion
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Hyperion

Voodoo is better then hyperion....by a decent margin though. Anyone besides hyperion?
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    About half of the ones from Voodoo are bad, but the others are good to great so far. The last two have been a disappointment though...
  • A4_AwesomeA4_Awesome Posts: 73
    Punisher 2099 is not even anticipated anymore Carnage set him up
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    About half of the ones from Voodoo are bad, but the others are good to great so far. The last two have been a disappointment though...

They may not be as powerful as we want or expect but they still have higher prestiges than the old gods so to say. That makes them worth it enough in the prestige arms race. Especially if you get lucky and get one from a featured 5* crystal.
  • MaladarMaladar Posts: 22

Spidergwen came out a year and a half ago, Phoenix came out last fall, and Carnage came out last feature arena. Do you understand the inconsistency in your thought process?

When you mean, newer champs do you mean, released this year? Cause at least half of them were very solid: GwenPool, Hood, Dormmamu, AA, Iceman!

So what is your point exactly?
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Not every champ could be a God tier
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    If by weak you mean dodgy mechanics that take more than 25 hits (average arena fight) to work and have crappy base stats then, yes they are getting weaker.

However Arena (whilst the most played part of the game for most players) is not what characters are designed for, they are really designed for Story and Event Quests.
  • RvzRvz Posts: 179 ★★
    Sirnoob wrote: »

and we only have one left :/ nerf inc.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    There shouldn't be god tier oh no I'm not good enough to beat content I need cheat codes is what I hear

It's a never ending cycle of complaint on here kabam makes a good champ people cry God tier and money grab kabam makes a average champ people cry because that champ is boring to play waiting for next champ to be announce to read the same post again
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★

I don't get that concept. No one should be 'god teir'

Everyone should have something they are good at making them good at a certain part of the content. Good design would make them good in multiple areas.

If one champ has god tier Damage, they should be lacking something to compensate.

Damage
    utility(energy control/nullify/heal block, etc)
    Regen/survivability

The problem we are seeing with some of these champs is they are getting too much in all categories (voodoo) while other champs are getting none (carnage).

I think the biggest problem in this game is the way buffs and nullify work.
    Having one class rely on buffs (cosmic) and have another class (mystic) being able to nullify them all in one move is really unbalanced. Especially when some cosmic champs have to actually work to get those buffs (kamala khan/carnage...)
    And then Mystic Dispersion....
    plus buff stacking has been hammered by diminishing returns.

Reduce the nullify chance and suddenly voodoo stops being god tier. But would also make cosmics slightly more viable.

I think kabam should consider making some cosmic buffs passives that can't be nullified (similar to flack jacket).

But overall, champs should be balanced.
    Some getting massive damage but no utility. Others getting massive utility but less damage. Some getting huge survivability but less damage and some getting a mixed bag.

Kabam really needs to revisit the older champs to give them some use in today's version of the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★
    Cuteshelf wrote: »

I don't get that concept. No one should be 'god teir'

Everyone should have something they are good at making them good at a certain part of the content. Good design would make them good in multiple areas.

If one champ has god tier Damage, they should be lacking something to compensate.

Damage
    utility(energy control/nullify/heal block, etc)
    Regen/survivability

The problem we are seeing with some of these champs is they are getting too much in all categories (voodoo) while other champs are getting none (carnage).

I think the biggest problem in this game is the way buffs and nullify work.
    Having one class rely on buffs (cosmic) and have another class (mystic) being able to nullify them all in one move is really unbalanced. Especially when some cosmic champs have to actually work to get those buffs (kamala khan/carnage...)
    And then Mystic Dispersion....
    plus buff stacking has been hammered by diminishing returns.

Reduce the nullify chance and suddenly voodoo stops being god tier. But would also make cosmics slightly more viable.

I think kabam should consider making some cosmic buffs passives that can't be nullified (similar to flack jacket).

But overall, champs should be balanced.
    Some getting massive damage but no utility. Others getting massive utility but less damage. Some getting huge survivability but less damage and some getting a mixed bag.

Kabam really needs to revisit the older champs to give them some use in today's version of the game.

That's exactly what balance is. They have weaknesses and strengths. There is no God Tier as it stands. Not the way there was. Not every Champ will be equally interchangeable for every use. There is a difference between balance overall, and equanimity.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Depends on definition of good

Since about early-mid summer 16 we have had

Great
    AV, CB, Civil Panther, GR, Phoenix, NC, Rogue, Voodoo, Mordo, Hype, GP, Hood, Dormammu, KG, Ice, Angel

Good/passable
    Rulk, Quake, Beast, Loki, Duck, Cable, Psylocke, Angela, Yondu (P99)

Meh
    Falcon, Civil Warrior, Nebula

OH NO!
    Gambit, Carnage

All of those on the great category are well received and even despised by the enemy of one! They are collectively amazing champions and most people I talk to LOVE them! A good handful are great on defense and most of them make baller attackers and some wen have cross play like Hyperion!

In the passable we have those who are not the best but definitely have a niche or 2 like Loki's buff steal, Cable's regen and power gain PLUS degen, and beast had decent damage and can even survive death of you're careful

Yeah Meh isn't good but there ARE worse champions… Civil Warrior is always getting minor buffs as it seems and Falcon has decent L2 Bleed and Lock on mechanic… and Nebula has robotics which has SOME utility

So Carnage and Gambit… Kabam has ABSOLUTELY failed them

Overall it's a great track record and despite v13 killing the gods they sure as heck made a lot of new gods like Voodoo, Hyperion, Gwenpool, and KG looks IMMORTAL judging by a max sig healing!