How to become competitive faster?

Hey guys and gals! I started playing 3 days ago, and I am really enjoying the game. I am just having a difficulty obtaining more powerful champions. I have five 3-Star champs and everything else is very weak. If you have any tips that you wish you knew when you started, please tell me, I could really use some help. Thank you so much!

Comments

• TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 75
    Grind arena for new champs if you have time. That speeds up things a lot between shards for more crystals and once you have roster getting basic champs. It also helps with gold and units. Downside: lots of time

Perk for new players is first two months you are not in the main pool so cutoffs are based on others in similar boat as you.
  • Al_AhadHKGNAl_AhadHKGN Posts: 64
    Invest $ + Time
  • Don't sell champs
  • MoudouMoudou Posts: 31
    Thanks for your quick responses. I have a follow-up questions. When fighting in arena, why am I not allow to use my 3-star champions? Only my 2-star and 1-star champs show up. Thanks
  • JustusCastrumJustusCastrum Posts: 72
    Play all the arena that you can all the time. Do this for 3 months and you'll have an amazing roster.
    Try to join an active alliance, specially one that is upper tier for rewards.
  • MoudouMoudou Posts: 31
    Thanks to all of you. You have been very helpful. @Speedbump, I was on 1-star and 2-star arena, that's why I couldn't use my 3-star champs -> lol noob mistakes. Thanks again
  • AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 267
    This is a good month to start with, the monthly event quest normal mode has the god tier stark spidey. If possible, Just focus to complete 100% and obtain it, you will find things going to be a lot easier.