**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Leader/Officer Should Send Mail

woolvaawoolvaa Posts: 2
edited June 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Leader Or Officer have the power to send mail to inform all the members about the war/quest or any other information it will help in better communication and active participation from member because all member are not fond of reading chats but if they get mail they surely read that. I think it should be included.

Leader/Officer Should Send Mail 53 votes

Accept
67% 36 votes
Deny
32% 17 votes

Comments

• That's why many alliances use line app
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Look at games like Game of War. It has multiple chat rooms (including user-created rooms), can use emoji, and has fully functional email system. Alliances have 100 members in them and all have access to the same alliance chats.

The difference there is that the "global" chat doesn't include everyone. We were broken up into kingdoms with 2000 or so players in each and each kingdom had it's own chat.

Don't make it sound like adding chat/email will be some huge download undertaking.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    ^^^ All of that being said, most groups would still continue using Line for image/link sharing. I know we did for GoW. We even would use Popcorn (an add-on to Line) to do conference calls during big battles.
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    My alliance use line, we have 28 memebers but only 27 line accounts and only 16 of the line users read the line chat

2 of them already disobeyed the order or they didn't read the chat
    We need a better way to improve this, some alliance members don't really pay attention to the officers
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Look at games like Game of War. It has multiple chat rooms (including user-created rooms), can use emoji, and has fully functional email system. Alliances have 100 members in them and all have access to the same alliance chats.

The difference there is that the "global" chat doesn't include everyone. We were broken up into kingdoms with 2000 or so players in each and each kingdom had it's own chat.

Don't make it sound like adding chat/email will be some huge download undertaking.

I've seen really good global chat systems in MMOs. But my statement stands: I don't expect Kabam to add those features, and I think there are better uses for their time.
  • woolvaawoolvaa Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    Ya some member are out of reach from chat for that this method should be there it will be very beneficial for all of us
  • Jimbojames23Jimbojames23 Posts: 70
    We use WhatsApp and it's mandatory for our members, we have had people in the past download it and not look so they were kicked but if you find members who actually want to be active and part of the alliance they will take note, we are lucky enough to of found a great group of people and from using the app outside of the game have become friends along the way, the game chats wouldn't of done that even if it was upgraded
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    Sorry to say this, but player to player communication in game sucks a lot. Chat is slow, laggy, limited by characters, unreliable (sometimes censure whole sentence to non-english speakers bc it detect a swearing, while it isn't really), and there's no way to highlight, send to a specific group, etc.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Just get an out of game app like line. Way more functionality for communication and you can send images and such. Even if they expand the in game function the out of game chats will have more functionality.

Plus who wants to be sensored at random all the time
  • ZappZapp Posts: 69
    I'm perfectly happy with line. Kabam should better focus on other game parts then on the chat.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I suggested this like 2 years ago and it didn't get anywhere. We, of course, use LINE but there always seems to be the member or 2 that don't like to read chat on a regular basis.
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    We should all remember that this game was made for 13+. Some summoners cannot get Line App because it is on their parents cell phone or there parents do not want them talking to random strangers. (Those were just examples) I feel that they should make a personal inbox in the game for alliances and friends. I just want everyone to keep in mind that not all of us are adults.
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    Timone147 wrote: »
    Just get an out of game app like line. Way more functionality for communication and you can send images and such. Even if they expand the in game function the out of game chats will have more functionality.

Plus who wants to be sensored at random all the time

This is a great example of why some people can't get Line. This game was made for a 13 year old boy.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    If people don't check their Line, I doubt ingame messages would work any better for them. The people here saying that there are always a few that don't check on a regular basis, why not kick those? After haven given them a chance to do better, of course.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I actually kind of like the idea for the feature. We have some guys that are on the game and not checking line at times.
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    In my alliance: at least 5 people never check their line msgs and go rambo in AQ, jumping in an enemy with node on or the worst case, fighting a thorns node before the linked node was removed

The point is some members don't know how to play and just use line app for an excuse to stay in an alliance but never use them and ignore our orders and strategy
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Gotta replace people that don't communicate. Warn them first. No interest in sending people mail lol. Line app BG chat works fine for us