**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

rocket

pun_papapun_papa Posts: 3
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
has anyone noticed that when you first start the game if you get rocket hes hell strong

Comments

• Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Rocket was my first 4 star champ that I got very early on. It allowed me to walk over most if not all of the early content at the time so I would have to agree.

Later on his durability became and issue but it wasn't at first.
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited June 2017
    Naturally high attack and crit rate. Low defense and health. Glass cannon
    He's a good champ, he just doesn't have the damage potential or utiliity to truly hang with a bunch of the top champs. He was much better before 12.0 where you could get like a 20 combo and have guaranteed crits from there on out, but now his sig ability is nerfed pretty hard. I definitely wouldn't be mad if I pulled a 5* version of him, though.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Took me about 7-8 months before I got my first 4* and rocket was it in a premium. Still haven't duped him but wish I could. Even now he's one of my favourite champs but I don't take him up because he isn't awakened. Got me through a lot of content back then though, really good champ imo.
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97
    This is where perception vs fact went horribly wrong. Here are facts relating to RR.

Fact #1 - His low health/durability, high crit had always been such since RR entered the battlerealm.
    Fact #2 - RR possesses (still) the highest crit rate (31%) insofar amongst every champions that had entered the battlerealm.
    Fact #3 - RR sig ability remained unchanged since he was introduced. His 10x combo that guarantees additional crits remains as is.
    Fact #4 - RR was never nerfed since his introduction, or during and after 12.0, instead he he was buffed with passives providing him either kinetic shield or armor up by holding block for 1.5seconds.

My perception about RR changed and proven wrong when an ex-ally member of mine continuously soloed Ultron of AQ season 1. And RR was also a suggested champ for LOL after SL when it was first introduced.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    Probably relevant here.

Is RR worthy of an awakening gem?

I don't have starlord.

• Monkey17288Monkey17288 Posts: 99
    @Threedeadkings your fact 4 is wrong. Kabam even said in their old forum that rocket will never get to 100% crit rate after 12.0 update because of dimensing returns. I use rocket a lot. He's still a strong champ but it's clear he got hit. Just not as hard as other champs. I'd still love to have a 5* duped rocket. I bring him into map 5 since Cyc was mini boss and still bring him in for cable. He's fun but can't take a hit.

@phillgreen I think I'd save the awaking for star lord. Like I said I'm a big rocket fan but star lord is clearly better than rocket.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Probably relevant here.

Is RR worthy of an awakening gem?

I don't have starlord.

If you know how to play well with rocket, yes. He's more of a glass cannon alternative to SL. Once he's awakened, his sp2 will be always an instant win.
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited June 2017
    He's not worth an awakening gem anymore. Anyone who actually had him before and after 12.0 will know how insignificant his sig ability is now compared to before. There's only a small difference between having no combo and having a 50 combo. You can't 100% crit anymore and even without a combo he crits very often naturally because of his higher crit rate. They very much killed his greatness from duping. But like I said he's still a good champ to have if you can use him well enough, aka being on your parry game at all times. Just don't bother awakening him, the change is minimal.

... As far as what deadkings said, it sounds like the only thing he's familiar with on rocket is reading stats because he definitely hasn't used him with the way he's stating those false facts.