**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

13.1 Save MCoC

FriedPickles7FriedPickles7 Posts: 1
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Netmarble Management & Vancouver Studio,

First, we’d like to thank you for your consideration and taking the time to read this. We’d like to formally introduce ourselves, we are your fervent supporters – your player base, your community! As players, we are attracted to Marvel Contest of Champions for the same reason you purchased it, and both of our investments are at risk. While you have been involved in the game for a few months some of us are having our third year anniversary in the game. We realize you may have purchased this game at a disruptive and disorganized time and we are here to reach out to help rectify some issues that are preventing MCOC and Netmarble from having a monumental legacy.

We are encouraged by the progress your team has made on many fronts. While a sizeable portion of new-patch headway is consistently offset by predictable post-patch bugs, conditions have become better. The 12.1 game was riddled with loads of champ specific, os specific, general gameplay, client, server, framerate, and other bugs. As it stands now, there are only a few general gameplay issues that need to be addressed. All of our suggestions fall in one of two camps: Game performance and transparency. By taking these actions you’d regain a lot of lost pre-12.0 sentiment and revamp your player base.

Game Performance:
Unresponsive Commands- This is the major new issue that is plaguing the game. Champs are dropping blocks, not evading when the screen is swiped, not punching when the screen is tapped, etc. This is quite common occurring roughly every 100-300 hits for most players. A fix for this class of problems is mission critical to reverting the game to a complete state.

Whiffing-This has been reported on a lot. Whiffing is a result of poor hit detection combined with poor performance on older devices/android phones.

Autoplay- Many times, your champ autoplays in a fight despite the user never turning it on. This bug occurs every 300 hits or so and has certainly led to many deaths.

Framerate for iphone 6 and lower as well as android- The games performance is incredibly slow for those on android or iphone models 5-6. If a game like Vainglory can work fine on an iphone 5, there’s no reason mcoc can’t.

Varying AI Response time and reactions- The AIs response times have become chaotic making gameplay objectionable. Revamping the AI’s definitely makes the game exciting and enthralling. However, two key things need to be fixed when it comes to AI response times. 1.) Parry timing needs to be addressed somehow. The fluidity of the fights is kept us progressing in the game and fortified our skills. Our champs are taking far too much block damage in aw to make it fun. 2.) The AI is now able to dart the second we evade but before we hold block. Many of us evade right after a 5 hit combo to do a dash parry considering issue #1. Now, we evade and the ai is able to snag us. It’s either take block damage or get clipped. There has to be some way to skillfully defeat champs without taking damage. This is skills based game.

Player relations:
Transparency- We understand greater transparency has been an intention of yours the past month. There are many bugs and questions that have not been acknowledged in month(s). Some of these questions include parry timing, ai responsiveness, will Iron Fists armor breaks be addressed, etc. While we know some are not bugs we’d at least like to know if they are intentional. There are players who sat there for a month and a half not knowing whether to de-rank their Iron Fist or not.

Customer support needs to be enhanced- Too many authentic tickets are not acknowledged and are provided generic replies.
No more releasing content first and then testing later.
This is compiling bugs. You need to give devs more time to repair the base code before stacking more on top. There are frightening error messages in your own code responding “iferror contact (kabam url)”. Please get this ship running smoothly before adding additional cannons.
You should consider increasing your QA efforts for this game.
It was frustrating to see Ad0ra mention they had only begun play testing act 5-1 just a week and half before release. We understand unit testing for mobile games is strenuous which is why increased QA efforts are absolutely essential.

Regards,
The Save MCOC Alliance Groups

Original link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v5BR4-oMN5mrKZQJT-JSGGiaHr-6J-mXoAwpZcXIRio/mobilebasic

Comments

• Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    This deserves to be at the top of the forums
  • Options
    DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    Very well written. Respectful. I like it. I hope it gets some attention and more specifically some follow through. I think a lot of us would agree we can pause the new content to see the coding receive some work for a month.
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Perfectly wrtten. I have an S7 Edge and tried my daughter's iphone7..totally different experience. I have two threads with zero acknowledgement of this by the way. I don't expect a response to your post but it was written well and clearly deserves one.
  • Options
    FaustFaust Posts: 16
    Don't see much changing. If this is indeed from a amalgamation of alliances, they'll throw a deal at you and it'll fall apart as always. Honestly good point but I don't think Kabam/Netmarble will change anything.