**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

best way to beat high level champs

Hey guys just wondering I'm stuck in the story and need some pointers

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Practice. If all your champs get KO'd, then you should quit the run and start over. Keep doing this until you get the hang of the fight.

Specific skills you should be learning include:
    Parry
    Dexterity
    Baiting Specials
    Intercepts
    Chaining combos & special attacks
    Watch the videos on the Dorky Dave Youtube channel (his full training series here):

Then work on champ-specific skills (both yours and the opponent champs) since several have their own nuanced play styles that can make the fights much easier.
  • rookerooke Posts: 19
    genius ha ha I'm talking strategy
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    Duel guys in the Leaderboards, practice intercepting and things of that nature 5 times a day. I did that and now I can crush pretty much anyone. As soon as a new champion comes I go to practice.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    parry and bait their specials before they get to special 3
  • SavageBreaker69SavageBreaker69 Posts: 70
    For me. I never had problems in story quest, act 1,2,3. My champions were always stronger than the AI and rekted them
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    When enemies are a lot higher than you, it becomes useless to try and parry/block. Work on your intercept more and more.
  • rookerooke Posts: 19
    how do you intercept
    WHY IS INTERCEPT???

But anyways. I suggest searching on youtube for dorky dave. He has a lot of good videos. Ill try to explain intercepting quickly here.

When an opponent comes at you, with a medium dash attack, you have two options.
    1. you can go for a parry/block
    2. you can intercept

If you block, the odds of taking a decent amount of damage is pretty high. If you're able to parry, you'll take considerably less damage, but still take some blocking damage.

If you dash at them, after they begin their dash at you, your dash will take precedence and hit them before they can hit you. This is referred to as intercepting. This way, their attack doesn't do damage, and you can go straight into a combo.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    You can also do a light attack after they dash at you, and it'll work, so it doesn't have to be a dash.
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    You can also do a light attack after they dash at you, and it'll work, so it doesn't have to be a dash.

You can, but I've seen it talked about how its not 100% accurate. There are flaws with every method, and benefits to most methods
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Yeah but for me, tapping the screen is easier than swiping for intercepts.
    However.
    I completely suck at intercepting, and this is the only way that's worked for me lol.
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Yeah but for me, tapping the screen is easier than swiping for intercepts.
    However.
    I completely suck at intercepting, and this is the only way that's worked for me lol.

I won't disagree. Different ways work for different people. One thing I really don't like, is someone saying, "Oh! if you hit 5 times, down them, dash back, light attack, parry, itll work every time" There is no magical formula like GTA cheats. As soon as you find one, they can manipulate it. It's better to work on one move at a time, like a medium dash in or light attack to intercept.