Options

Liquid courage "working as intended" factually untrue

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    I understand the OP’s point. It doesn’t specifically say that it reduces healing. A Very inexperienced player could be mislead by that. So you do have a complaint to kabam on this I feel. However, you don’t have a complaint to take to google. What you purchased was a mastery package which gave you the items you needed to adjust you masteries and acquire liquid courage. You didn’t specifically pay for liquid courage you paid for the mastery package. While the mastery package could only be used for a subset of the total masteries you didn’t have to use it on liquid courage so kabam could not have known specifically what you were planning to acquire with said mastery package. They have you what you paid for. The mastery package. You will not be able to prove to anyone that you didn’t get what you paid for.
    But good luck trying to get kabam to see things your way and that they give
    You back your cores. I’m not saying that the description isn’t deceptive but I’m pretty sure you’re stuck with what you got.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    to be fair, OP has a point: you can't blame someone for not knowing something when said information is not found anywhere within the game

Same thing as the stand your ground mastery supposedly increasing block proficiency
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,433 ★★★★★
    The OP is understandably upset.

It is generally well known that all forms of poison reduce healing; but actually this is written down in very few places.

Having checked the Strategy Guide (wow, haven't done that in a while), it's still not clear, even though there's no limit on space:

86exd7ojo9dp.jpg

It's only when you go to the completely separate section on status effects that Poison's effects on healing are mentioned:

vdtk919fzzgb.jpg

Sorry, for some reason the Strategy Guide disables my zoom feature, so I can't show the entire information box.

I do think there's a lack of clarity for new players; and that it would be reasonable to ask for the Mastery to be reworded.

@EvilAsh, Sorry you've had resources used on a Mastery you don't really want. You can try and send in a ticket asking to have the Masteries closed and your resources returned; but you won't get your money back. They might turn your cores; You'll just get the option of using them on some other Mastery.

However, you'll need to effectively stop playing whilst you ask this of the team. If you're grinding in the arena whilst waiting, or completing significant content, or fighting arena wars; then I would expect Support to refuse your request; as you could have just wanted your Masteries to grind for IMIW or beat Thanos, or win battles in War, and now you've decided that you don't need them anymore. In which case, Kabam will (quite rightly) refuse your request.

You might also want to do some research in the Strategy and Tips thread on Masteries, to work on your set-up. 😉 👍
  • Options
    GrinchhhGrinchhh Posts: 70
    khehmist wrote: »
    qb732qdctw93.png

It’s true they have a major transparency and communication problem, but this one is there, in game. Read the support pages.

Also, if you find that this frustrating, quit now. You’ll see much worse from Kabam.

wait WTF?! armor-ignoring damage? WTF?! WHY ISN'T THIS WRITTEN IN-GAME? WTF?!
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Well, I didn't know this but good to know.

Who cares anyway, just stack poison and enjoy the day and don't fight Abom with wolverine or Gwenpool.
  • Options
    GrinchhhGrinchhh Posts: 70
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    khehmist wrote: »
    It’s true they have a major transparency and communication problem, but this one is there, in game. Read the support pages.
    my MCOC cartridge didn't come with a manual

xd
  • Options
    SavageBreaker69SavageBreaker69 Posts: 70
    Sigh.....just freaking go to YouTube and search for masteries like this and poison effects. I don't get why u kids are arguing over a matter that can be easily resolved by explanations on YT
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Couldn’t care less about the poison issue, but communication is not Kabam’s strong suit. They base Alliance Quest entirely off of a number that is never provided to the players or even tells them what it is (prestige). It is ALWAYS left up to the players to learn the details and find the bugs.
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    We appreciate the feedback about making the effects of poison more clear and will pass it along to the rest of the team.
This discussion has been closed.