**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Another Quake silent nerf?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    Quake is a fickle champ. Sometimes she just doesn’t want to come out to play. I’m never sure if that’s a result of bugs or just wacky coding.

With that said, my L99 5/50 4* and R4 5* mopped the floor with dungeons yesterday. When she’s in an nasty mood, she dominates.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Quake hasn't been nerfed. There have been reported issues with Evade in reference to Cable. Not just her.

I would also like to ask OP how he/she knows. Do you own a Quake? What level? Do you use her? In what game areas? How often?

I haven’t noticed anything in particular since a couple of months ago when I reported the AI “pulling punches” to just miss her block after auto-evade so as not to get parried (primarily Stark Tech champs, but also Thor). Basically, the AI was able to pull up without hitting her block, something the human player really can’t do. Some mod replied she was “working as intended” back then and that it was not a bug (for what that’s worth these days).

But I have a 4* L99 at 5/50 and an unduped R4 5* I use to clear a ton of content from AW to dungeons to EQ and Story. And even I don’t issue definitive statements like “Quake hasn’t been nerfed” because (a) I’m not a game team member and (b) I haven’t experienced what the poster claims to be experiencing.

Trying to be constructive here, not rude—offering blanket statements without at least anecdotal support for them doesn’t really move these threads along. If you have a Quake who you believe is working correctly, please share your experience.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Quake hasn't been nerfed. There have been reported issues with Evade in reference to Cable. Not just her.

I would also like to ask OP how he/she knows. Do you own a Quake? What level? Do you use her? In what game areas? How often?

I haven’t noticed anything in particular since a couple of months ago when I reported the AI “pulling punches” to just miss her block after auto-evade so as not to get parried (primarily Stark Tech champs, but also Thor). Basically, the AI was able to pull up without hitting her block, something the human player really can’t do. Some mod replied she was “working as intended” back then and that it was not a bug (for what that’s worth these days).

But I have a 4* L99 at 5/50 and an unduped R4 5* I use to clear a ton of content from AW to dungeons to EQ and Story. And even I don’t issue definitive statements like “Quake hasn’t been nerfed” because (a) I’m not a game team member and (b) I haven’t experienced what the poster claims to be experiencing.

Trying to be constructive here, not rude—offering blanket statements without at least anecdotal support for them doesn’t really move these threads along. If you have a Quake who you believe is working correctly, please share your experience.

Dr. Zola

I have 2-5*s. 2-4 Duped, R4 4* and R3 5*. I use her regularly.
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Strategic wrote: »
    Funny how kabam completely ignored this post that has proof.
    Not even the decency to copy paste they're usual canned "we'll transfer it to the team" response.
    But why should they ? Mo bugs mo money am I right?

Careful that sounds almost "inflammatory" they might put you in a cage like me lol
  • Options

Dr. Zola

I have 2-5*s. 2-4 Duped, R4 4* and R3 5*. I use her regularly.

Thank you. That’s more like what I’m suggesting.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★

Dr. Zola

I have a R5 4* sig 99 that I always use. I even made a video about it on youtube. I use her to kill Mephisto, MS, Electro, Cable and basically almost anyone who doesn't have specific abilities or nodes to make her useless. So yeah I know my Quake and use her all the time and I kill heavy bosses without even touching them. I use her all the time against Mephisto boss in 545.
    Hope that clears things up a bit :)
  • Options

Dr. Zola

I have a R5 4* sig 99 that I always use. I even made a video about it on youtube. I use her to kill Mephisto, MS, Electro, Cable and basically almost anyone who doesn't have specific abilities or nodes to make her useless. So yeah I know my Quake and use her all the time and I kill heavy bosses without even touching them. I use her all the time against Mephisto boss in 545.

Absolutely, although you weren’t the OP I was talking about. You were quite clear about the issue you were having.

Dr. Zola
  • Options

Dr. Zola

Absolutely, although you weren’t the OP I was talking about. You were quite clear about the issue you were having.

Dr. Zola

I don't see what point was being made regardless. I have her and use her enough to know she hasn't been nerfed. There are issues with Evade when it comes to some Champs like Cable, that have been reported.
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    DaleMangu wrote: »
    Still waiting for the rank down tickets for nerfing AA since they mentioned in a previous post long ago that his abilities were working as intended. Seems like everytime someone posts anything in regards to something changing in the game like nerfing a champ they automatically respond with"you broke the rules, we will ban you" reply lol.

Tick tock tick tock
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    How do you get a cage in ur avatar? How does the caged bird sing? Lols
  • Options
    Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    I don’t know. I think calling it a nerf is giving Kabam too much credit. It’s most likely a bug introduced when they were trying to do something else.

They will most likely add it to the list of bugs and known issues, where it will sit and sit and sit just like all the other bugs.
  • Options
    ItsAMeSarthakItsAMeSarthak Posts: 71
    Not even the decency to copy paste they're usual canned "we'll transfer it to the team" response.

Well,I love Quake because she's a character that can instantly kill people even with 100% health.

This nerf doesn't matter too much.

As long as she has the things she does now,
    I'm happy.
  • Options

Well,I love Quake because she's a character that can instantly kill people even with 100% health.

This nerf doesn't matter too much.

As long as she has the things she does now,
    I'm happy.

Instantly kill peeople??? What are you talking about? And what things she can do now are you talking about? Have you even used her for high end content like act 5 and boss rush events and stuff or are you using her in daily event quests or something. I don't think you know how to use her properly if you say she's good right now.
  • Options
    I wouldn't classify her as an instant kill. She's very effective when used properly, which takes a fair amount of skill in order to Charge sufficiently when dealing with amped up AI. It requires distance and timing, but if you get a Stun in, she can use the time to Charge. She's really effective in Fights with Unavoidable Damage, Mephisto....Electro...etc. Wouldn't say it's an instant kill, unless the Opponent is fairly low.
  • Options
    Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Ok so I have been using Quake A LOT and I was always able to auto evade Cable's heavy completely.
    But now I fight him in arena and noticed she only evades the first hit of the heavy but not the second hit and she gets hit.

It wasn't used to be like that before and I know cause my top team in arena always had Quake in it and the enemy was always a Thanos Kang teams that had Cable, Gwenpool and Medusa in it... ALWAYS this team. So I fought Cable with Quake everytime and she ALWAYS auto evaded his heavy attacks.

I'm not asking if something had been changed because it clearly had, so I just want to know why and if I'm the only one who noticed it?

Don't forget that Cable can trigger true stike wich nullify passive evade
  • Options

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

I don't see what point was being made regardless. I have her and use her enough to know she hasn't been nerfed. There are issues with Evade when it comes to some Champs like Cable, that have been reported.

My point was simple: if you are going to make a definitive statement like “she hasn’t been nerfed,” provide some background. That’s all.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Lambda1 wrote: »
    Ok so I have been using Quake A LOT and I was always able to auto evade Cable's heavy completely.
    But now I fight him in arena and noticed she only evades the first hit of the heavy but not the second hit and she gets hit.

It wasn't used to be like that before and I know cause my top team in arena always had Quake in it and the enemy was always a Thanos Kang teams that had Cable, Gwenpool and Medusa in it... ALWAYS this team. So I fought Cable with Quake everytime and she ALWAYS auto evaded his heavy attacks.

I'm not asking if something had been changed because it clearly had, so I just want to know why and if I'm the only one who noticed it?

Don't forget that Cable can trigger true stike wich nullify passive evade

Yeah but only on L3. Needless to say the whole point to Quake is that they don't even reach their L1 ;)
  • Options
    btw quick update.
    I was fighting Cable again in arena today but with Cyclops not Quake and I dashed back to evade his heavy and dexterity kicked in on the 1st hit but got nailed by the 2nd hit. I evaded exactly on time and in the past I should have been able to evade both hits but now it seems it's an issue with evade in general not just auto evade and not just Quake.

Something definitely been done in the game here and I doubt it's a bug. And it seems to be something to do with evade itself be it dex or auto.

I really wish kabam mods will finally admit something has been done instead of ignoring it as usual!