**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Make trying for a 5 star featured worth it

rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
I'm 0 for 15 and there are 36 basic in there now many of which are terrible. I have 3 R4s and almost 11 2ta and I'd rather quit than take up who I have left.

I don't understand the logic of a system where one person can go 3 for 6 and someone else 0 for 21. I need both hands to count how many people I've been in an alliance with that quit after not pulling a featured 5 star. I think if getting people who spend to quit is the goal then you're on target.

Comments

• rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    Should have put in:

LOL is completed.
    There is not a single 4 star in the game worth taking up.
    t4c are in overflow
    The only thing fun to do is to have some useful r4s to play with while you guys at MCOC try to get everyone at the same level.

I'm gonna guess most people like me have been around awhile and spend. There's little reason to stick around at this point. Oh, and 5.2...the collector is ridiculous. Pure cash grab and the rewards are terrible. This sticks with your theme of not rewarding players with 5 star featured pulls I guess. I'd love to know the psychology behind it but I really don't think there is any.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Evil_Twin wrote: »
    1. I think that Kabam believes that a lot of the people that post on the forums are whiners that complain about everything. And in many cases it is true - there is a lot of petty nonsense on these forums. It is hard to find the worthwhile feedback among all of the noise.
    2. I think that they are out of touch with why players actually like the game, what makes the game interesting and exciting.
    3. I think they keep track of the spending behaviors and base many - if not all - of their decisions on the numbers. Even though they see people complaining on the forums about the decisions they make that often defy common sense - the numbers tell them otherwise.
    4. But what their numbers do not tell them is the lost opportunity. Meta-data isn't going to help them with that.

I agree with 1
    2 it's more r less a cycle people ask for challenging content we get challenging content people want that content nerfed people ask for champs that don't have basic abilities kabam makes good champs people scream money grab
    3 that's probably correct number in the end don't lie x people on the forums can say no one buys a certain deal yet on there side there numbers probably prove them wrong
    4 close to impossible to speak on loss revenue I've seen people complain about 10 dollar deals can't please everyone and at one point a line must be drawn
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    At the time I spent 15k shards and hit my Mordo.

Only time I have ever tried it too, so for me it works fine lol
    Well...they can see my spending habits. They'd get more if there was actually a reward for it. Right now there is little reward. Challenging content is one thing...the collector is just stupid content.
    .....and their lack of responsiveness in the forums has led to many that may have useful feedback to quit posting and it ends up just being a place to vent.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    I think if they increased the odds for people who have tried for featured 5*s and missed it would fix the problem. I have a guy in my alliance who is 0-19. That should never happen. I am 0-7. I have another guy who is 6-7 and several others who have been very lucky. I don't want to take away from the lucky players. That will happen. But something should be done for people who keep saving 15K and keep coming away with nothing.
    I'm 0 for 18 now
    edited June 2017
    I love the responsiveness of the mods and the game team. I'll I will say is when I compare the rate of featured pulls in my alliance versus one that is less established it's a hell of a lot lower. I think they manipulate the odds and they are not consistent. I've opened 5 since the "subfeatured" was introduced and guess what...I've pulled 18 basic heroes. Hey, thanks Kabam....I've spent a lot of time and money on this game. Getting punched in the stones over and over again must be great for business.

I firmly believe they won't talk about the drop rate because they manipulate it based on a variety of factors. How else do you explain 0 for 18 if it's a fixed rate? There is not another explanation.
    Alright, through a quick poll on the LINE app I'll tell you this, if you don't get the character in the beginning when the crystal first appears you're odds drop. It seems the more that people get the hero in question the more you're going to get screwed over as they make the drop rate of the featured go down. The more that people have the hero in question the more likely Kabam ain't giving that hero to you in a featured pull.

They don't want to disclose the drop rate because they vary it. It's not fixed nor is it relational to your last pull. When I go to Vegas the average % return is known on a slot....the difference between Kabam and Vegas here is Vegas is more honest. I'm going to guess that last part I wrote has rarely been said or written.

0 for 18...smh. What's the record? I've seen one that went 0 for 21. I don't think 0 for 18 is gonna be very beatable.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Welcome to hell aka the world of kabam RNG
  • mjuevosmjuevos Posts: 2
    yea nothings more demoralizing than to bust your butt to earn 15k shards which takes weeks.. get super excited about a feature and end up 3x duping a rhino. nothing makes one wants to quit more than this. the system is the way it is because all apps now want to stress cycle you.. its the only way they can get you to keep coming back.

they can make this better by increasing the odds to 50% or even 40%. or they could make the sub pool higher %. the current system is analogous to the old days of video games where you work for days to get to a point, then die and have to start over. nothing makes a gamer want to quit more than this imo
    edited June 2017
    My favorite aspect of this is that there is never a response. I don't want to keep coming back. There is zero reason for me to take up a 4 star now. I have every class cat in overflow. There is no one in my roster worth taking to r4. I got a BS response from support saying "the good news is more of these heroes will be available in basic crystals". That's not the good news. A lot of those heroes are terrible and all it means is that it will be harder to dupe one and/or get one you want. They seem to be trying to close the gap by making everyone that has played for awhile not pull anything useful and not be able to advance. I"ve to almost 11 2ta and they sit there useless.

Not even sure why they have a forum. I either have to take someone up who isn't very good or wait a few months to take someone else that might be worth it at a date that could be next year at how quickly we get 5 star shards. I think the forum might be useful and more active if they ever listened to much of anything.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Yeah drop rates suck. 12 crystals pulled today all 2 stars. Last streak in 4 star shards was 39 dupes before I got a new champ. Now I'm back at 18. Plus 10 k shards with the new champs hitting faster is way too high. Needs lowered. Maybe 5 k for basic and 10 k for featured. I'd gamble 10 k over 15 k for featured 5 stars as my drops always suck. Haven't even pulled a featured 4 star since ant man and even the 3 star featured just so I can drop my grind time as I like to collect has not happened since moon knight. They need to reexamine their "algorithm". Always the same players pulling the God pulls. Really getting tired of playing this game at this point and about to uninstall. Considering what I've been stupid enough to drop into this game as I've played since launch date it would suck for me, but also lost revenue to them as they grow further from their player base and more and more of the veterans quit. How about a mod address this issue for once instead of ignoring it or dropping cookie cutter responses.
    PC and featured pulls for 4 stars make more sense being hard to get. You can spend and go as you don't do much to get those. It takes a hell ofna lot more to get 5 star shards in time and money and you really can't buy more.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    I have yet to try for a 5* featured but next month I will shot for Iceman (wish my luck)
  • This is why I proposed being able to save up enough shards to pick the champ you want. It will be a substantial amount but less than 285,000 - which is what OP used on a shot at a featured. I suggested 100k for a featured 5* of your choice. Seems worth it to me.
    18X15 is 270,000K so far in shards for me...nothing. Remind me again why we have a forum. No one read this stuff but us and no one ever makes a change worth noting.

Guess how many subfeatures my alliance has pulled (hint...anything higher than zero is wrong)? Apparently they're worse than featured because at least a few got those (just not me...but we have guys at 2 for 2 and 3 for 6 and 5 for 18, because you know, they want to keep it fair and such).