**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Luke Cage was buffed and had a Bug

EvilRazorEvilRazor Posts: 143
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
So guys, in v17.0 Luke Cage was buffed and became a great champion, no doubt.

In the first week after this new update I was fighting vs Luke in arenas with my Black Widow and notice that her Subtlety ability was not activing Luke's Indestructivle buff, in same way he was not taking damage, I did more than 2 combos till active his buff, and I was only able to took some damage after his buff has expired. I made a post in that ocassion, and had the information that any ability that reduces oponnent ability could not trigger Luke's Indestructible buff. Mephisto, as example, could not deal any damage in his basic attacks till his soul imprisonment expires after 15 seconds and triggers Luke's buff, and it expires. I made a test:

https://youtu.be/gWStcAo4fbU

I also had no response from the moderators, as you can see here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/50430/black-widow-does-not-active-luke-cage-buff-but-also-deals-no-damage#latest

But others had the same problem till march 23:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/349734#Comment_349734

And again, no response about that bug.

But now, I was curious to know if this still happening, because I didn't see any information in Changelog about that. And after some modifications in Archangel's stun (that move many of this communite), this can happen with others abilities behavior in this game, to be modified after a long time working like that in the Contest, or working as intended. In Luke's case, not everyone knew of this problem and it did not reach large scale.

And the answer is yes, now Luke receives damage even if his ability does not trigger (see the video above). This was changed and was not even notified.

https://youtu.be/XOjltjDypuY

I made this post to put everyone in same page, that what we want from Kabam is transparency. How many times will we need to put some point of views to get some answers? Or how many problems in this game, that are "working as intended" now can be changed and make a mess in our progress in this game?

I do not want to make bad reviews, I would like to receive positive thoughts to keep this game that I like very much, in the best way in the future. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Black widows Sig reduces defensive ability accuracy. Luke cages ability triggers on hit the same way electros shock works, just with a higher chance to trigger and a cool down. So if you’re using BW vs Luke cage if it takes a few hits to activate, it simply means her reduction ability has prevented it from triggering.

Her sig also works on things like armour ups, spiked armour, life based heal triggers and safeguard. Champs like Elecktra and Falcon can also do this.

The mephisto thing is different. He stops anyone from getting buffs for the first 15 seconds. So it should stop cages indestructible.
    I’m not sure if it still triggers the cool down or if it simply doesn’t even register (might go test it now).
    If I read what you wrote correctly, and mephisto isn’t doing any damage to him, while hitting him for the first 15 seconds, then that is definitely a bug. But if it’s just the buff not triggering then it’s working fine.
  • Options
    EvilRazorEvilRazor Posts: 143
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Black widows Sig reduces defensive ability accuracy. Luke cages ability triggers on hit the same way electros shock works, just with a higher chance to trigger and a cool down. So if you’re using BW vs Luke cage if it takes a few hits to activate, it simply means her reduction ability has prevented it from triggering.

Her sig also works on things like armour ups, spiked armour, life based heal triggers and safeguard. Champs like Elecktra and Falcon can also do this.

The mephisto thing is different. He stops anyone from getting buffs for the first 15 seconds. So it should stop cages indestructible.
    I’m not sure if it still triggers the cool down or if it simply doesn’t even register (might go test it now).
    If I read what you wrote correctly, and mephisto isn’t doing any damage to him, while hitting him for the first 15 seconds, then that is definitely a bug. But if it’s just the buff not triggering then it’s working fine.

Did you watch the videos?
    BW was not trigging Luke's buff and also was dealing 0 damage.
    In patch v17.0 Mephisto prevented Luke Cage for active his Indestructible buff and also dealed 0 damage in that 15 seconds from all basic attacks (as you can se in Gladiator Hulk loading screen).
    In actual patch v18.0 Mephisto prevents indestructible buff, but now he can deal damage in basic attacks.(avenger loading screen)
    It was a bug, and now they fixed that, without tell anyone in changelog, how it is supposed to be

• Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Ah ok. Sorry didn’t watch the vids.
    Trying not to burn through my phone data.