What happened to this?

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,895 ★★★★★
r6eamh4obw59.jpeg
That’s 3 changes in the last day that have been found that haven’t been communicated to us. Magik power steal, Drax astral evade and new evade passive.

Out of those, you say if you notice a change it’s likely a bug, so which of those are bugs and how likely is it that they are?

Please stop trying to slip changes past the community, it seems so shady. Just be open about it. If magik’s Power steal is a bug, TELL US. Personally I would have been fine if this is how you’d gone about it:

News and announcement post:
“Hi Summoners, we have recently been made aware (or have been aware of for a while, I’m not sure how long kabam have known about the magik bug) of a bug with Magik’s second special attack. She was able to steal enough power to consistently power lock a champion for the entire fight. This in and of itself is not an exploit or a bug however she was able to steal power from the opponent when there was no power to steal. As a result of this, in the next maintenance we will be fixing this bug. This is a heads up just so it isn’t sprung on you out of nowhere.”

The argument for rank down tickets is irrelevant to me. I know that kabam won’t send any out so what’s the point? But please, please just sort out your transparency kabam. I’m yet to see the promised transparency from 12.0 that kabam swore they would improve on.

Comments

  • Radwane21Radwane21 Posts: 1
    Marvel bb
  • DiirxDiirx Posts: 48
    I’m getting tired of the whole nerf or fix debate tbh. I think ppl want the down rank tickets so they keep going to this. I think many of know that as the game evolves the some things, that have been long standing features, need to change. At some point I do believe some sort of compensation should be offered but the big point is communication. Let us know when and WHY these changes are needed. AA was one of the first “passive” ability champs I can recall. It’s not stated in his info that the stun is passive but that’s how it worked, just as drom’s degen isn’t stated as passive. We’re left to figuring out some much on our own and as a community we have no real way to know when we’re exploiting or ranking a champ that’s not working properly. Even when champs are working correctly for a year or more things in development may require a change, tell us it’s that simple.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,895 ★★★★★
    Diirx wrote: »
    I’m getting tired of the whole nerf or fix debate tbh. I think ppl want the down rank tickets so they keep going to this. I think many of know that as the game evolves the some things, that have been long standing features, need to change. At some point I do believe some sort of compensation should be offered but the big point is communication. Let us know when and WHY these changes are needed. AA was one of the first “passive” ability champs I can recall. It’s not stated in his info that the stun is passive but that’s how it worked, just as drom’s degen isn’t stated as passive. We’re left to figuring out some much on our own and as a community we have no real way to know when we’re exploiting or ranking a champ that’s not working properly. Even when champs are working correctly for a year or more things in development may require a change, tell us it’s that simple.

    People rank up champions based on their abilities, when their abilities are changed detrimentally they no longer want those champions ranked up. I think it’s an important conversation to have, the nerf or fix argument. Because when we let kabam get away with saying Archangel was a fix, but it was an ability stated to be working as intended. What else might they do, “fix” blade’s danger sense? Then there would be thousands and thousands of players with rank 5 blades and no rank down tickets.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 407 ★★
    They're watching all these and saying nothing
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 264
    When it's a legit fix, there should definitely be a heads up about it. I'm kind of on the fence with the whole restitution thing, because in most cases, people with the champs having been getting a bonus for using them the whole time. Unless Kabam undoes all the game content that people cleared using the champs, I don't really feel that they should get some extravagant compensation.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,895 ★★★★★
    Carames wrote: »
    When it's a legit fix, there should definitely be a heads up about it. I'm kind of on the fence with the whole restitution thing, because in most cases, people with the champs having been getting a bonus for using them the whole time. Unless Kabam undoes all the game content that people cleared using the champs, I don't really feel that they should get some extravagant compensation.

    What if someone ranked 5 their 5* magik based on her ability to power lock permanently yesterday, and then the next day it was removed? That’s 2 t5 basic, the rarest resource in the game, gone.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 264
    edited June 2018
    That's why I'm on the fence about it. I get the arguments both ways.

    I don't know if I'd buy ranking Magik up for that reason, but I could see the Drax and AA reasoning. I have a 4/55 Drax myself
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    So what is going on?
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 407 ★★
    No they are I just got a message from Lyra saying not to make non-constructive posts minutes after posting
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    So many people r5'd magik based on what she's been able to do for over a year? Absolutely wrong to do this. Not even a fix included in the patch notes... How could they possibly have thought this was the right way to handle it?
  • Don't buy it? Power control champs are very popular. And majik USED to be the best. I'll tell you one thing though. Until we get some clarification as to what is going on I won't be buying anything from Kabam.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,895 ★★★★★
    Carames wrote: »
    That's why I'm on the fence about it. I get the arguments both ways.

    I don't know if I'd buy ranking Magik up for that reason, but I could see the Drax and AA reasoning. I have a 4/55 Drax myself

    Fair enough if you don’t buy it, but I personally ranked magik as an AW attacker, specifically for her power control. If that has been reduced, then it’s irrritating to me. And I would not be opposed to rank down tickets for her. I would consider ranking her down with a Magik specific ticket, of course I do need to test her more to make sure.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 264
    Oh, I love her power control. I use her all the time. I never realized that she was power stealing on her l2, though. That's all I was getting at. I'd have her ranked up there as well if I had her as a 5*.
  • Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    I am not seeing the magik thing. Have run a couple test fights. Feels the same to me. I am able to powerlock Eisner repeat like before
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 264
    I always seem to have ample time to get way past her l2 before her power lock wears off, so I personally don't see the issue with her losing that power steal.
  • MikeHockMikeHock Posts: 1,462 ★★★★
    So what is going on?

    its total chaos and i don't see too many (or any) mod posts trying to address all the issues.
Sign In or Register to comment.