**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Nerf Domino

Comments

• PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    The biggest issue that I have with these types of challenges, is that we have been told from day one, that blocking significantly reduces damage. I'm finding that the more the game progresses, the more false this statement is. Did BP teams benefit us too much? Absolutely. Does blocking still benefit us greatly? Not so much IMO.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Funny that the guy who started the thread had blade as his profile... domino is the answer to blade/holy trinity including starky with his 3% chance to evade. So...... be creative and don’t do the event quest with the usual holy trinity
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    This happens just about every challenge that comes along. People see the Champs on Uncollected where they're Noded up and meant to be a challenge, and then think they will be game-breaking. We've seen it happen time and time again. We adjust to new Champs.

When @GroundedWisdom is not on the money.

Sadly, she's easy in Uncollected but hard as other bosses.
    This happens just about every challenge that comes along. People see the Champs on Uncollected where they're Noded up and meant to be a challenge, and then think they will be game-breaking. We've seen it happen time and time again. We adjust to new Champs.

In general, that's the case. Reaction is still the same. They're not going to release a Champ that is so game-breaking there is no counter to it. History tells us that. We've also seen the same reaction many times. Every Champ that seems challenging at first. Then things balance out, and people get used to them. Personally, I welcome new challenges. Otherwise we're playing a game that doesn't challenge us and becomes repetitive.

I don't know if you're high brother, but I posted a video above showing how she breaks a block.

She also can stop your dex but I wasn't able to capture that.

A champ that breaks masteries such as dex and a base mechanic like block is intentional??

If you can counter something that breaks your block randomly then I'm all ears. Basically the only way to play is intercept and dex.

She's been out what, a week? People are clearly dealing with her because they are getting past her.
    Counters to Masteries do not break them.
    Once again, the reaction is premature, and a bit dramatized IMO.

You don't understand.

It's RNG. You can go through a fight and maybe she doesn't proc Lucky. Maybe she doesn't block-break. Maybe you get a parry or evade in.

Or maybe she negates an evade, then block-breaks you when you are fast enough to get the block up, and one-shots your 80 percent health OG Vision.

See what I mean?

• BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    Funny that the guy who started the thread had blade as his profile... domino is the answer to blade/holy trinity including starky with his 3% chance to evade. So...... be creative and don’t do the event quest with the usual holy trinity

@Mitchell35 lol you think that’s what this is about? This is about the fact that Domino has nonstop unavoidable damage.
    ESF wrote: »

In general, that's the case. Reaction is still the same. They're not going to release a Champ that is so game-breaking there is no counter to it. History tells us that. We've also seen the same reaction many times. Every Champ that seems challenging at first. Then things balance out, and people get used to them. Personally, I welcome new challenges. Otherwise we're playing a game that doesn't challenge us and becomes repetitive.

I don't know if you're high brother, but I posted a video above showing how she breaks a block.

A champ that breaks masteries such as dex and a base mechanic like block is intentional??

If you can counter something that breaks your block randomly then I'm all ears. Basically the only way to play is intercept and dex.

She's been out what, a week? People are clearly dealing with her because they are getting past her.

You don't understand.

It's RNG. You can go through a fight and maybe she doesn't proc Lucky. Maybe she doesn't block-break. Maybe you get a parry or evade in.

Or maybe she negates an evade, then block-breaks you when you are fast enough to get the block up, and one-shots your 80 percent health OG Vision.

See what I mean?

A lot of the game is based on RNG. That's the point. We can't control the outcome. It's random.

It's a game that has to be based on mechanics -- for example, Dormammu. You know that if you use characters who proc stuff and they expire, at some point you are gonna get hit with Degeneration. Totally fine. Rules of the game. You have choices to make about how you counter the mechanic, which is RNG-based.

You cannot make a choice about how to counter a character who breaks blocks, negates evade, AND deals unavoidable damage against Masteries when they fail.

Fighting any character in any game has to be based on fundamental rules -- for example, you can say, "Welp, you are gonna have to intercept 100 percent against Domino."

OK. But you still have to be able to evade. You cannot play an Intercept style and then have an evade fail, or parry fail when you miss an Intercept.
    Buster wrote: »
    Anyone that thinks any champ should be nerfed, should just stop playing the game. Every champ can't be like spider Gwen, no champ should ever be nerfed for any reason. The same was said about blade, modoc,IMIW now Domino.

I am gonna file this one away for future reference, about Domino.

Because she hasn't been won yet and ranked up and put into the game in AQ and AW and Boss Rushes and Challenges.

You'll see, then

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Of course he doesn’t understand. He has never played the game at a high enough level to

An argument I haven't heard before. -.-

I don't care what level it is. I could name a number off the top of my head. Iceman, Mephisto, Sentinel, M.O.D.O.K., IMIW, there are others. Everytime something shows a challenge, people say it's too much. Then when a Champ isn't God Tier, they are equally unsatisfied. Then, the Champ enters the mix, and we get used to them.
    I don't know about you, but I want to play MCOC, not Candy Crush. I want new challenges to be introduced to keep it interesting and fresh. I don't want the same, easy challenges every month.
    That's because I'm not afraid to KO to learn. It's not some sort of personal injury or self-imposed pressure. That's a part of getting used to something new.
    Doesn't matter what level you play. If you're afraid of a new challenge, that leaves very little room for growth.
    They're always different. Unavoidable Damage, DoT, Degen, Auto Block, RNG, etc. We always survive, and there's always counters.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

How did you find her in uncollected?
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Here's proof of how broken she can be but she can be defeated. There's no sound in the video, sorry about that -

https://youtu.be/w7IkoxZYY0Y

That's all attack bonus gone as boss
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Have you even played against her in Merc missions as a boss?

I was in your camp saying that to ppl since I one shot her in Uncollected quest, but clearly as the fight went longer in Merc mission boss, I saw the BUGS, she is bugged.

I can understand if she deals damage when the critical buff fails which I gain from dexterity but how can she stop my dexterity, how am I supposed to play if I can't move at eat an 11k medium attack.

How can she break blocks? There is no ability of hers that says she can break blocks.

Just answer this!!
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    I will repeat myself.. she's broken AF, she breaks the masteries! She needs to be NERFED.

Come on, I've always been against nerfing ANYONE but for this new character I can make an exception, she shouldn't be this overpowered!

And yes, I have Blade rank 5 and so what?
    Blade needs the f**king holy trinity to be good, she doesn't, she just stands and waits for you to die without doing anything!

Come on, at least Scarlet Witch works with critical hits!

She's insane, on AW she will be a pain in the a** MORE than the new Ironman!
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Il_JooO wrote: »
    I will repeat myself.. she's broken AF, she breaks the masteries! She needs to be NERFED.

Come on, I've always been against nerfing ANYONE but for this new character I can make an exception, she shouldn't be this overpowered!

Blade needs the f**king holy trinity to be good, she doesn't, she just stands and waits for you to die without doing anything!

Oh god. IWIM and Domino in the top alliances defence. Imagine 10 of each in one battlegroup. Who needs diversity when you can screw their attack bonus and maybe attack all together ?
    Il_JooO wrote: »

Oh god. IWIM and Domino in the top alliances defence. Imagine 10 of each in one battlegroup. Who needs diversity when you can screw their attack bonus and maybe attack all together ?

God forbid we have a Map that people can't cut through like a knife, er Blade.
    I've said it before. I'll say it again. Expecting every challenge to be nerfed leaves us with a game that never changes.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Guys for the people saying to nerf her I agree but people have already spent so much money on trying to get her I don’t think she should be nerfed( what I don’t like is how kabam thinks this is fair they nerfed carnage before he was released because he was too op yet did they not notice anything here would they not notice that she can break blocks or do they just not test the characters I used to believe kabam but now all they say is just BS)
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    NO NERFS!
  • Davyb18Davyb18 Posts: 30
    They won't Nerf she's just another kabam moneygrab kabam don't care about the community or keeping the game fresh all they care about is new ways to fleece us
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    edited June 2018
    just faught her in tier 3 aw she isnt op at all. she is no where close to new ironman
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Here's the thing. There's nothing any champ can do to avoid taking damage from her at the moment no matter what you do. Kabam wins. They have been trying to do this for years.

This isn't skill. You fight her, you take damage.
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    mydnight wrote: »
    Here's the thing. There's nothing any champ can do to avoid taking damage from her at the moment no matter what you do. Kabam wins. They have been trying to do this for years.

This isn't skill. You fight her, you take damage.

i believe iceman does that too with coldsnap!! only dominos damage is bsed on her base attack not modified by the node unlike iceman or dorm