**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Domino Undermines Existing Champs

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
There is a lot of talk about Domino going on. I think she is pretty cool and would love to have her. It's hard to say if she is OP quite yet or if she needs some getting used to. There is one thing I know for sure though. Creating a character like Domino completely undermines currently existing champs. Her bleed makes DPX look like a joke, and she has about a hundred abilities on top of her bleed. What does DPX have??? The ability to gain power after you let him get below 30% health?!? What a freakin joke. I can't stand Domino because of this fact. Kabam is making characters that have the exact same abilities as older champs but much more powerful and give them about a million other abilities on top of that. This CANNOT continue. It completely unbalances the game, something I thought Kabam was trying to avoid. I'm not hating on Domino, I just can't stand this new wave of champs that are getting abilities that make our old champs useless. On top of everything, these old champs get stuck in the 6* crystal.

Comments

• Options
    AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Why buff older champs when you could make money off new champs?
  • Options
    Why buff older champs when you could make money off new champs?

Yeah apparently that is Kabams motto.
  • Options
    Imran wrote: »
    What's wrong with people?? Still blade is better attacker than her and iron man iw better defender than her.

I'm not saying she's a better attacker than Blade, but my point is Domino gets a powerful bleed on her sp3 just like DPX, and she has so much more utility than DPX. She is a good example of how much better the newer champs have been compared to the older ones. I think the same could be said for Blade. I see these new champs widening the gap between the good and bad champs and I'm saying the older champs like DPX need an update for balance in the game.
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Same thing with black bolt's abilities being almost completely overshadowed by medusa's. She has stronger fury, armor break, guaranteed stun, plus auto block, bleed, armor shattered, and higher base attack.
  • Options
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Same thing with black bolt's abilities being almost completely overshadowed by medusa's. She has stronger fury, armor break, guaranteed stun, plus auto block, bleed, armor shattered, and higher base attack.

This is exactly what I'm trying to point out. Many of the newer champs have abilities that overshadow older champs. I think that it is extremely important to give these old champs an update because in the game's state many of our old champs are unuseable. The worst part to me is that a lot of these old and unusable champs are stuck into the 6* crystal and honestly it's quite insulting to the player base.
  • Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    What's wrong with people?? Still blade is better attacker than her and iron man iw better defender than her.

I'm not saying she's a better attacker than Blade, but my point is Domino gets a powerful bleed on her sp3 just like DPX, and she has so much more utility than DPX. She is a good example of how much better the newer champs have been compared to the older ones. I think the same could be said for Blade. I see these new champs widening the gap between the good and bad champs and I'm saying the older champs like DPX need an update for balance in the game.

Why u saying this now?? Why not before when kabam releasing cap iw, ironman iw. Do u know, how much damage can cap iw can do with sp2. And iron man iw, I hate to fight him. For me, domino still easier than iw irnmn.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    She wrecks blade that's for sure. I can see her being in labyrinth 2.0
  • Options
    Werewrym wrote: »

Why u saying this now?? Why not before when kabam releasing cap iw, ironman iw. Do u know, how much damage can cap iw can do with sp2. And iron man iw, I hate to fight him. For me, domino still easier than iw irnmn.

Honestly I don't find cap IW that powerful. I understand IMIW is kind of ridiculous but I actually haven't faced him so I have no first hand experience. Also I don't frequent the forums too often so that's one reason I haven't brought anything up before now. My main point is that is that newer champs are making older champs more and more irrelevant and that is a problem.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    There is literally no value for them to pay developers to buff existing champs that everyone has instead of focusing on new champs that nobody has that people need to spend money to buy. That’s like if Ford came to your house and saw you have a broken down Contour and they decided to give you a brand new Mustang. It just makes no fiscal sense to them.
  • Options
    GabbrosGabbros Posts: 156
    Newer champs being strong or stronger is reasonable for marketting purposes as a business. The question is whether the new strong(er) champ is unbalanced.

I do have to say though that the whole “diversity”in aw and “nerfing” champions was to have people play all or many champs instead of select few tat r known very strong. Considering this in mind, kabam has to either improve somewhat old champions or create nodes that are exclusivelly better for older champions.
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    broken champ but working as intended? i dont know anymore what is up and what is down here and now
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I’ve just lost faith in kabam they either don’t care about the community or are incompetent
  • Options
    iamthegodofwariamthegodofwar Posts: 74
    Domino is a bug, a virus. She will break this game, making it unplayable. It needs to be fixed asap.
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    Domino is a bug, a virus. She will break this game, making it unplayable. It needs to be fixed asap.

The more broken a character is the more people will pay to get them from crystals. Search crystal opening whale on YouTube for an example of a real spender in this game. He didn't buy any crystals to get a featured trashcan like Hulkbuster, but spent about $3000 to get Domino. That's the money they can get from the 1% for OP champs.

Personally, I don't think this game is worth it unless you play casually and don't mind not being competitive, or you are happy to invest a lot of time and money into it. Anything in-between and you just won't progress the way you want to.

that whale is ruining the game for everyone. and honestly so is the 1%
  • Options

The more broken a character is the more people will pay to get them from crystals. Search crystal opening whale on YouTube for an example of a real spender in this game. He didn't buy any crystals to get a featured trashcan like Hulkbuster, but spent about $3000 to get Domino. That's the money they can get from the 1% for OP champs.

Personally, I don't think this game is worth it unless you play casually and don't mind not being competitive, or you are happy to invest a lot of time and money into it. Anything in-between and you just won't progress the way you want to.

that whale is ruining the game for everyone. and honestly so is the 1%

I understand what you are saying and I have mixed feeling on the whole thing. Part of me enjoys seeing those crystal openings on YouTube, but the other part of me hates the amount of money that is being thrown at the newer champs that destroy our old favorites. I hate knowing that people who spend thousands on new champs are making it less and less likely for the older champs to get an update because that won't make any money for Kabam.
  • Options
    I, for the first time, tried to get a champ in the 4* featured arena and have just had the results back and am kind of annoyed but hey Kabam. It gave me 801st place which is quite annoying as I know it’s all of the advertisement from you tubers and various others that makes more people who usually sweat arena sweat even more to get domino. I accept that I didn’t get enough points to get her but it’s iust a bit unfair to those that don’t live off the game that when they get close to getting a featured champ they’re beaten by someone who plays 24/7