Marketing position for Kabam

geoff78geoff78 Member Posts: 221 ★★
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Dear Kabam,
With the offers you've been passing off as deals, it's quite apparent that you need marketing advise. Yes, the whales that have duped 5*s might jump on this latest deal for $100, but let's be honest, what percentage of players is this demographic targeting? If you want to watch the money literally roll in, start sweetening the pot. Same offer with a 5* generic awakening gem for $80. I bet my left nut that will bank you far more money than the last three "deals" you've offered. As most of us have a semi decent stack of 5*s, with only 1-3 being duped, chances say being champs that aren't really game changing at all, how many low to mid strength players would be willing to dump $100 on sig stones? How many more would spend that to awaken the 5*s that are becoming the future of the game?

Also, that $5 unit cache deal was incredible. I bet dollars would also roll in if you offered those more frequently, in different spending ranges. Maybe make them cache deals. Purchase the $5 one to unlock the $10 one, and so on.

You guys are doing this to make money, correct? Simple little ideas would help that a bunch.

If you'd like more marketing advise, I'd be happy to offer my services for a humble 20% off these deals discussed. Feel free to PM me.

Sincerely, geoff78

Comments

• SpeedbumpSpeedbump Member Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    I stopped spending money a long time ago. So, idc what "deal" they have anymore. They wont be getting any from me.
  • Eos_Nano_XEos_Nano_X Member Posts: 304
    I used to like giving them money but its to much of a rip off to do sometimes.
  • geoff78geoff78 Member Posts: 221 ★★
    I understand where you're coming from, but you do miss out on a few good deals. It's like they put a good one out there, followed by a bunch of money grabs. There marketing strategy is about as random as a grand maul seizure.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Member Posts: 1,870 ★★★★
    geoff78 wrote: »
    Dear Kabam,
    With the offers you've been passing off as deals, it's quite apparent that you need marketing advise. Yes, the whales that have duped 5*s might jump on this latest deal for $100, but let's be honest, what percentage of players is this demographic targeting? If you want to watch the money literally roll in, start sweetening the pot. Same offer with a 5* generic awakening gem for $80. I bet my left nut that will bank you far more money than the last three "deals" you've offered. As most of us have a semi decent stack of 5*s, with only 1-3 being duped, chances say being champs that aren't really game changing at all, how many low to mid strength players would be willing to dump $100 on sig stones? How many more would spend that to awaken the 5*s that are becoming the future of the game?

Also, that $5 unit cache deal was incredible. I bet dollars would also roll in if you offered those more frequently, in different spending ranges. Maybe make them cache deals. Purchase the $5 one to unlock the $10 one, and so on.

You guys are doing this to make money, correct? Simple little ideas would help that a bunch.

If you'd like more marketing advise, I'd be happy to offer my services for a humble 20% off these deals discussed. Feel free to PM me.

Sincerely, geoff78

Not buying this offer...absolutely not..but I love when people assume they know how Kabam "will make money" without any access to the financial data that informs these deals. If there is one thing we can all agree on, it is that Kabam wants to make money and likely is utilizing sales feedback to it's fullest to do so.
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Member Posts: 109
    I would assume the vast majority of their income comes from a relatively small number of players at the top level. It makes sense to have a lot of offers for them.
  • Slux83Slux83 Member Posts: 357 ★★
    I'm pretty sure that the 4-5% of the huge whales are covering the 90% of the income for them
  • geoff78geoff78 Member Posts: 221 ★★
    Think that small percentage of players is that high of their income? I dunno