**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Luke Cage SP1 working as intended? (Video)

Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
Is Luke Cage supposed to slide half way across the stage with his sp1??

This seems a bit much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RqKu_zxQWQ&feature=share

Comments

• Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    I noticed this in war today. Didnt get clipped but took some block damage I wasn’t expecting too.
  • Options
    I dashed back 3 times and he still got to me.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    One of the moderators made a comment a while back about champs and their "ranges" during attacks. Essentially, each attack has an effective range that will allow it to hit if the opponent is within it. Some attacks have larger ranges than others.

In the case of multi-hit specials and heavies, each "swing" can advance the champion forward a small distance to allow subsequent hits to potentially connect. This is why champs like Magik, Storm and Scarlet witch with their roundhouse heavies will sometimes "jump" forward a short distance before the first swing, because the opponent is within the "range", but still optically too far away to hit.

In the case of Cage, each swing advances him a bit further than most, so you end up needing to dash back two or three times during the sequence.
  • Options
    xxxsidewinderxxxxxxsidewinderxxx Posts: 74
    Gotta anticipate and fight accordingly
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    All champs do this to some degree. If you time it differently he won't slide across the screen like that. Wait until he starts then evade, it's sort of an odd targeting system they have built. If you are closer when he starts he will commit to an attack that ends much nearer to where he started but if you are at a distance he adjusts to where you are.
  • Options
    2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    Morningstar is worse.
  • Options
    AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    edited June 2018
    It's in the programming. I know it's not what you want to hear but the variables take into account where your and the computers placement are per each hit of the special, (same with heavies). If you move too quick, or hit the weird miss area, the computer doesn't have a value so it takes your next current position as placement and adjusts accordingly closing the distance. It sadly is one small glitch you can never get rid of since the computer is constantly pulling placement data. There will always be a weird haze zone in timing and placement.
  • Options
    I get tjeoighnit concept of it, but for a non range attack to cover the distance of 3 dash bavks is excessive imo.

Also this video was specifically made to show how far the sp1 was walking across the screen. I wasn't trying not to get hit or fight correctly.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    One of the moderators made a comment a while back about champs and their "ranges" during attacks. Essentially, each attack has an effective range that will allow it to hit if the opponent is within it. Some attacks have larger ranges than others.

This works to our advantage in certain situations. Evading multi-hit heavy attacks in AW at close range can often be done with dashing back only once.