**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

More AW manipulation.

Comments

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    Two simple changes to cut this **** out for season 3.

1- Don't show the points gained/lost until attack phase starts. That'll make it so no one can figure out who they're fighting.

2- Instead of instant matchmaking, make it 3-6 hour windows where you have to join and get matched to another ally who joined in that window. Everyone can't wait or else they'll only get 2 wars in a week.

While this would probably be good, some alliances do matchmaking time based on the players availability. Not everyone can play all 24 hours, so having an alliance start war or end war several hours apart from their desired time would be rough for some.

It's always the few that spoil things for the many
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

2- Instead of instant matchmaking, make it 3-6 hour windows where you have to join and get matched to another ally who joined in that window. Everyone can't wait or else they'll only get 2 wars in a week.

This is a great suggestion and the exact same I’ve been bringing up since season 1. There is no benefit to allowing alliances to start their own matchmaking except for collusion. Alliance quest starts at the same time everyday and has way more nodes/energy cost than alliance war. Oversea alliances have no trouble completing AQ. Having an opt-in/opt-out button for a set time that AW will start will solve all issues with search manipulation. The system can actually match the #1 alliance with the #2 alliance and so forth. Alliance war seasons have made 2 war weeks obsolete, but that option still remains for any alliance wanting to do that.

PS. The #1 and #2 alliance on the season leaderboard have never matched each other ever during this season.
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    MattMan wrote: »
    nope wrote: »
    Names and alliances hidden to conform to forum rules but this is a master bracket warp9exloa6u7gj.jpg
    Any group that does this should have all their season points removed but the war rating left intact so they have no shot at rewards but have to keep playing the hard alliances

Sounds like a wonderful idea to me lmao
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    funny players who want competion in aw ... i guess u all not using ultra triple boosts or using revives or potions to be full health before ur fight, because if u do a KO u can be kicked lolol
    how many u all spent per week for aw ? oh u all have skills so u need 0 units right riught, or simply ur are in low tiers so its easy, for who dont have blade trinity cost them a lot of items, with trinity its free or less items depends on which bracket aw

You contribute nothing to this thread with that statement. You’ve barely even addressed the subject at hand.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    kdqvy6le39wc.jpeg

All cheating needs to be addressed...

It's unfortunately pretty rampant. Let's hope for a very large adjustment coupled w a stout punishment for all the cheaters

Havard, that's just talk. I hope you can understand the difference between words and actions. One guy proposed something that was refused, and another alliance actually followed through with cheating by placing 2* defense for a 0 death war.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Kabam needs to take same action against cheaters
    edited June 2018
    @DrOctavius2_2
    Please remove that. It will get the thread closed as it has names in it. please see http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/75457/2-wars-effecting-the-highest-levels-of-aw/p1?new=1 for discussion on that. Thanks
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Names and alliances hidden to conform to forum rules but this is a master bracket warp9exloa6u7gj.jpg
    Any group that does this should have all their season points removed but the war rating left intact so they have no shot at rewards but have to keep playing the hard alliances

kabam needs to look over all these cheating allainces and remove them from masters
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

kabam needs to look over all these cheating allainces and remove them from masters alliance war seasons full stop.

Fixed it for you
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Noob is thirsty for those master rewards huh
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Kabam, don't let the few cheaters spoil it for the rest. Because they basically threw all other players competing under the bus, throw them under the bus. If they resort to cheating to gain an advantage, don't give them awards. Ban them. Maybe even take stuff/champions away from their account to deter future cheaters. When the season ends, please update us on how the situations with cheaters were handled.

Cheaters need to realize they have no one to blame but themselves.
  • AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    Really the only way penalties will hit those alliances is removing -ALL- their points and resetting them back to a starting "Participation" ranked in wars. Sure they will blow through the lower alliances but, ALL points will have been lost. Just cause you caught them cheating on the 18th time, doesn't mean the 2.4M points before it were gained legitametly.

Now, if they move to another alliance, put those people on a watch list. They cheat in the new alliance, BAM, second one back down to participation.

How does this help everyone? Say the #1 Alliance has 30M points? Well if they are reduced to 0, and shifted to the very bottom, everyone else, EVERYONE moves up that point deficit.

You reset the modifiers, and reset the points to 0, I don't think that any amount of grinding will get you close to back to where you were at before.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Omni wrote: »

No we just want them to go to the allies with the skilled players who put in the hard work.....

Not the dodgy cheating scumbag allies. The ones that are full of peeps that think they are better and deserve more than others.
    If you want to be / deserve to be at the top then you need to fight others at the top fairly.
    If you are to scared / dont want to fight tough opponents that can rival you for your position then you are weak and dont deserve to be at the top.

In sport to be number one you have to beat the top 10.... and you have to beat #2 atleast once in a season....
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    It's funny people even think to do this stuff. I've never fired up AW thinking "man hopefully the other team is down to just drop 2* champs for an easy war". I'd be embarrassed bringing something like that up to an opposing ally, much less my teammates. What's the point in playing if you're not actually the one playing or it's just gonna be a walk through like the 2* setup.

Cus whilst for most of us it is about playing the game and having fun....

For some people it is about rewards and having a better roster than anyone else. That is all.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Omni wrote: »

No we just want them to go to the allies with the skilled players who put in the hard work.....

Not the dodgy cheating scumbag allies. The ones that are full of peeps that think they are better and deserve more than others.
    If you want to be / deserve to be at the top then you need to fight others at the top fairly.
    If you are to scared / dont want to fight tough opponents that can rival you for your position then you are weak and dont deserve to be at the top.

In sport to be number one you have to beat the top 10.... and you have to beat #2 atleast once in a season....

I just said that because I know he’s on the edge of getting master rewards...and I’m a handful of teams behind him. Believe me I want cheaters to be punished as much as the next guy.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

This is a great suggestion and the exact same I’ve been bringing up since season 1. There is no benefit to allowing alliances to start their own matchmaking except for collusion. Alliance quest starts at the same time everyday and has way more nodes/energy cost than alliance war. Oversea alliances have no trouble completing AQ. Having an opt-in/opt-out button for a set time that AW will start will solve all issues with search manipulation. The system can actually match the #1 alliance with the #2 alliance and so forth. Alliance war seasons have made 2 war weeks obsolete, but that option still remains for any alliance wanting to do that.

PS. The #1 and #2 alliance on the season leaderboard have never matched each other ever during this season.

Well, sometimes you replace someone after a war and have to wait for the new guy's war to end before you start matchmaking.
    edited June 2018

Well, sometimes you replace someone after a war and have to wait for the new guy's war to end before you start matchmaking.

I think the fact that people cant join after placement starts and before attack starts is a joke.
    It shows me that alliance rating must play a part in matchmaking otherwise why? (Which i think it does)What impact would who is in you alliance at the time you start matchmaking have other than if ally rating helped decide your matchup...
    If it doesnt (which most think it doesnt) then why can people not come and go during placment phase. As long as they are there when attack starts.
    The reason for it in aq is to stop peeps manipulating prestige...
    what is the reason in aw?
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Quoting from
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    There was a guy who posted a thread about this exact concern after the latest changes to war scoring.

He said AW could be subjected to manipulation from bribery because of the defenders remaining score.

Turns out he was exactly right.

Yeah, that was probably me as well. I keep bringing these huge issues up, but they don't get resolved till after the fact. That's ok I understand they have a lot more on their plate at Kabam than handling a bunch of cheaters. I just hope that at some point these issues get resolved. Same with the match making system problems I brought up pre season 1. Those got fixed, and I'm glad they did. Now we need a fix to the 2* collusion issue, and to crack down on these new ways of piloting that people are doing to fly under the radar.