Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Crystals drop rates

Bigrod91691Bigrod91691 Posts: 2
edited June 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
I understand the crystal drop rates but as any other game you don't base it of the rates I can assure that I always get low star champions or a duplicate and it's not new champions that I want I keep getting the same one kabam started of with this game it's frustrating. If I get a hero crystal when it's spinning on 4 stars and I touch my screen it lags and all of a sudden I get a 2 star. I know you won't read my message kabam team. I'm not to important. [Edited by Moderator] Oh and the drop rates I mean comon! Raise the drop rates to of the 3 and 4 star hero's! I mean you just give out certain hero's why not raise it on the hero crystal to 25% 4 star, 30% 3 star and 45% 2 star.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Bigrod91691Bigrod91691 Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    I hope you see my comment. I've purchased and gotten [Removed by Moderator] champions I would like a gift of a 5 star quake please.
    Post edited by Kabam Porthos on
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    No
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Ummm no
  • Options
    Kabam PorthosKabam Porthos Posts: 4,676
    Hey Bigrod91691, I'm sorry for any confusion caused by lag in the Crystal Spin animation. The Crystal Spin you see in the game is merely a visual effect and does not always reflect the prize you will receive. When you Spin a Crystal on your device, it is also Spinning in our servers and this helps to protect it from lag and other technical issues which may affect your device. It also ensures that you always receive the correct Champions!

In future, you can avoid any Crystal Spin animation confusion by using the “Open Crystal” feature, located on the bottom right of the Screen. This will automatically open up to 10 Crystals that are currently in the Crystal Vault and will not affect the drop rate in any way. The Rewards will be yielded appropriately as if the Crystals had been Spun manually.

I understand it can be really frustrating when you don't get the Champions you want from opening Crystals. I have been hoping to pull Blade, Archangel, Gwenpool or Ghostrider for a long time now but unfortunately, I just haven't been lucky enough yet.

Your suggestion to increase the drop rates for Premium Hero Crystals is a welcome one, and while I can't promise that any changes will be implemented, I still think it's a great idea to discuss possible ways to make the game even better!

Let's try to make this discussion as constructive as possible by gathering everyone's thoughts on Crystal drop rates and perhaps some improvement suggestions. Some things you may wish to consider:

- Are you happy with the current drop rates or would you like them changed?
    - If you could make drop rate changes, what would they be and what impact do you think this would have on the game?
    - Please also take a moment to consider the down-side of having drop rates which are set too high or too low.

To elaborate on the last point, if rates were set too high, everyone could obtain their desired Champion much easier, and that Champion would essentially become much more common. It's also likely that Champion would become much less sought after because it is so common, and that may lead to you wishing you didn't have it, simply because every other player in the game also has it.

I've given my opinion below to help get things moving in the right direction.

I realize some players get upset when they mostly receive 2-Star Champions from Premium Hero Crystals but personally, I don't think the drop rates for that Crystal need to be changed. After all, there are already 3-Star, 4-Star, 5-Star, and 6-Star Hero Crystals available in the game, all of which have a 100% chance of awarding a Champion with the named Star-rating. Before opening a Premium Hero Crystal, I seemingly always expect the Rewards to include valuable ISO-8 from duping Champions I already have. If I don't get that result because I pull a new 2-Star Champion, for example, I feel disappointed because I would much rather have extra ISO-8 to make my stronger Champions even more powerful.

As for 4/5/6-Star Crystals, apart from removing less desirable Champions from the pool, I can't really think of any way these could be improved. I mean, there's already a 100% chance of obtaining a 4/5/6-Star Champion from them. Some may feel that the chance of obtaining a certain Champion from these Crystals should be increased, but that's what Featured Crystals are for, and picking up on the point I made previously, I feel that setting the rates for a desirable Champion too high has the potential to ruin certain aspects of the game.

I would certainly love to hear everyone else's opinions about Crystal drop rates so please take a moment to share your thoughts and help to make this a pleasant and constructive discussion.
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★

Can't find your tag which is why I'm quoting you.

It was stated quite some time ago(approx. 2 1/2 to 3yrs ago possibly longer) that the crystal spin has absolutely nothing to do with the champ being awarded. And that basically the selection has already been made when we claim a crystal and will not change if we keep them for some time or open them simultaneously with other crystals.

Very curious to know if that has been changed since you mention that the spin is actually being performed server side also, which I don't recall ever being mentioned before.

Could you please clarify please? Thank you
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Question about the drop rates @Kabam Porthos (can't tag you rip)
    Are the drop rates global or personal? For example, is it everyone flipping the same coin, or everyone with their own coins to flip? This would really help clear up a lot of the annoyances people feel.

If this confuses you, please take a look at part 2 of this post http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/71634/viewpoints-on-rng#latest
    thanks!
  • Options
    Kabam PorthosKabam Porthos Posts: 4,676
    edited June 2018
    Hey WOK, I don't mind clarifying this at all! The game data on your device is linked with our servers and once you choose to open a Crystal, the Reward will be randomly determined based on the drop rates and automatically added to your game account. Choosing to open a Crystal immediately after acquiring it or keeping it for some time will not change the Prize awarded from that Crystal.

Having the Crystal opening linked with our servers means that should your device power-off or the app crash, the Reward will still be added to your game account and you will see it when you go back into the game again. As another example, if you were unfortunate enough to experience complete device failure during a Crystal opening, you could log into your account on another device and when the app syncs with our servers, the Reward from that Crystal would be present. This applies regardless of whether you choose to Spin the Crystal and watch the animation or click on the "Open Crystal" feature.