**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who’s a better R5 choice Hyperion/Blade

Before you guys start bashing me and shouting out blade hear me out and help me understand why everyone says blade as if hype is ****. I currently have both at r4 duped and I am honestly leaning more towards Hyperion, there’s just more that I feel you can do with hype that blade can’t do. Yes blade is a beast when he has that danger sense but when he doesn’t I choose hype all day over him and let me tell you why.

Power gain - is superior to blades even with a average amount of bleeds that you usually get from a fight.

Strength - hear me out, Hyperion is crazy strong! Just with a few furies I get 30k - 40k+ damage with my sp3 and that’s not counting the extra attack rating I get from using the sp3. Blade as mentioned before is great against champs that he gets danger sense against but besides that hype can end fights way quicker, sometime quicker than blade with danger sense and against non bleeding champs Hyperion still crushes it.

Synergies- you guys saw this coming, I can bring Hyperion to my team without making room for unwanted champs. Sometimes I don’t want to bring spider to enhance danger sense especially if there’s a quest with only a couple of fights that will have danger sense active. Again the champs that makes blades synergies are great but I only have GR and STARK as 4*s and I hate having them taking spots for better champs.

Immune nodes- people say that Hyperion sucks against immune nodes and THAT IS A LIE! Once you play with him you get the hang of when to use your heavy to get the furies. I take stun immune nodes all day and still get my heavy attacks in.

Good for just about any fight- 90% of the champs in the game you can take with Hyperion and end it quickly and like I said earlier I only use blades for specific fights, when I’m not fighting those specific champs I fight with Hyperion. I still bring blade on my team just not his buddies.

Please don’t half read this and call me stupid, I really want to know what I’m missing. I’m only having this discussion because I can r5 blade right now but I’m still missing 3 t4 cosmic cats before I can take hype up and until I get those cats blade is still an option.

Comments

• Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Honestly it looks like you have your mind made up for Hype and are fishing for confirmation.

Go with who you are comfortable with. I personally like Blade. I sometimes bring Spark, and sometimes don't. Just depends on the path I'll be facing.

Hype used to be my go to, but I rarely use him now. It's not that he's a bad champ, but I only have him as a 5/50 whereas I have a 6* Yondu and Blade & Voodoo at 4/55.
  • Options
    Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    Sounds like your mind is made up bud :) I agree, I just took up my Hyperion to r4 as a 5*. I chose him over Ghulk and Archangel, all unduped. I am still learning his rotation, but there are just so many ways you can play him to get damage out of him.
  • Options
    RollingxbigshotRollingxbigshot Posts: 106
    Thanks guys it just seems like everyone goes crazy when I talk about taking hype up over blade.
  • Options
    Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    @Rollingxbigshot That's because alot of people depend on blade and rightly feel he is the best champ in the game. But it looks like they are introducing champs that cant be countered by blade. Just look at IMIW and Domino, ChipDangerCockaroo on Reddit often posts Hyperion vs videos and Hyperion doesn't really have a bad match up unless you are in AW fighting a made 5/5 Mystic.

With Act 6 on the Horizon, who do you think are going to be the bosses? Im willing to bet its definitely not going to be villains or dimensional beings.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Honestly depends on you, the meta is shifting and blade might soon be left behind however in the current state of the game he is amazing. Also depends on your progression/roster, I don't know if you have another r5 or if you've explored LOL
  • Options
    @Crazyjack719 I could be, you saw haw they gave Corvus and proxima the #thanosarmy instead of villains. The more they exten the contest the less champs have the #villian
  • Options
    @gohard123 I’ve explored only one path of LOL just the (easy) outside path.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    @gohard123 I’ve explored only one path of LOL just the (easy) outside path.

Okay looks like this is your first r5, Blade is currently the cheapest method to doing LOL. Super long fights but you wont spend as much units on health pots. But like others have pointed out, there are new up and coming counters to blade so If you arent pressed on finishing LOL you should go with Hyperion