**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

The demise of Dormammu and mutilation of mystic defenders

Comments

• DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Rank down tickets would be a good solution lol
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Should this change be made? 100% absolutely.
    Should everyone be given RDT for 5* champs they r4 and r5'd? 100% absolutely
    Should anyone that used a generic awakening be credited the awakening gem and stones used on that champ? 100%

Obviously it should be some sort of awakening gem that is only issued to those who used a generic and it should give them all the sigs stones they used.

No, I do not fall in this category. I did R4 my GR, but even if given the opportunity I would not rank him down.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I know this is a controversial opinion but people who ranked up Dorm and used rank 3-4 tick and AG and sig stones etc....should be compensated.

Why? Nothing about Dorm has been changed. Just the relationship between MD and dexterity. He will still do what he has in the past, just at a lower rate.

Actually it has. Dormammus signature ability thrives on expiring buffs

And it still works the same. Just doesn’t get it spammed.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    This was a change players were asking for quite a bit going back a long time. Kabam repeatedly said that they would not be changing MD. In reliance on that position by Kabam many used rare resources and spent money upgrading champs that they otherwise would not. That is called detrimental reliance. The victims should be made whole with compensation. MD cost a lot of units. Rank 3-4 tickets and AG's are among the rarest items in the game.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,329 ★★★★★
    I ranked dorm with my mystic awakening back when he would get so many kills that it was a roadblock for some people now with md change I can see it probs gonna make his degen pretty dumb if using blade since of ds so means dorm won't be able to do damage and will feel like aq boss
  • MahvelMahvel Posts: 67
    I'm actually more concerned about the use of passive buffs being abused. Like evasion for example. Kabam wants to release a new champ that is god tier? Make his/her buffs passive!
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I used my LOL genetic gem on Dormammu as well. He’s averaged 3-4+ kills in tier 2-3 AWs as our main boss. No regrets with that decision because Medusa bosses are soloed with ease compared the skill (or invulnerability boost) required to solo Dormammu main AW bosses. That is no regrets until I found out what beta changes are being considered for MD/dexterity.

I’m all for the proposed dexterity/MD beta changes, node 24 is exceptionally difficult without Void or the Trinity or Mephisto/Voodoo if Corvus Glaive is placed there. Nevertheless I will be submitting a ticket to ask that the 5* generic gem and 5* mystic signature stones I gave to my 5* Dormammu if the proposed changes go through because there was no way to anticipate these proposed changes.

Dormammu’s sig ability is only useful for AW, I chose to awaken him because other methods of improving AW results like arranging 2* AWs and buying alliance members new phones to pilot prove who is the best cheater instead of who is the most skilled.

I love to see a big 5 star Dorm as AW Boss ... food for 5/65 Magik, num num.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    I used my LOL genetic gem on Dormammu as well. He’s averaged 3-4+ kills in tier 2-3 AWs as our main boss. No regrets with that decision because Medusa bosses are soloed with ease compared the skill (or invulnerability boost) required to solo Dormammu main AW bosses. That is no regrets until I found out what beta changes are being considered for MD/dexterity.

I’m all for the proposed dexterity/MD beta changes, node 24 is exceptionally difficult without Void or the Trinity or Mephisto/Voodoo if Corvus Glaive is placed there. Nevertheless I will be submitting a ticket to ask that the 5* generic gem and 5* mystic signature stones I gave to my 5* Dormammu if the proposed changes go through because there was no way to anticipate these proposed changes.

Dormammu’s sig ability is only useful for AW, I chose to awaken him because other methods of improving AW results like arranging 2* AWs and buying alliance members new phones to pilot prove who is the best cheater instead of who is the most skilled.

No! Medusa boss plzzzzz
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »

I’d say the same thing if I had a 5/65 duped Magik. Her four hit dash back intercept technique is the best way to solo Dorm bosses by keeping him cornered while power lock is active. Gladiator Hulk is another good option but Face Me’s 70% chance to bait special attacks loves to fail against Dormammu main AW bosses.
  • LifeswickedLifeswicked Posts: 125
    edited June 2018
    This is ridiculous you reimbursed us when you nerfed will power and what you have done to pure skill an now mystic dispersion is way worse. I spent a lot of units unlocking m.d to max level and ranked my mordo to r4 just cause of m.d . Please reimburse me and issue a rdt so I can get my cats back from mordo as he’s useless if these changes go live like most mystic defenders
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    I know this is a controversial opinion but people who ranked up Dorm and used rank 3-4 tick and AG and sig stones etc....should be compensated.

Why? Nothing about Dorm has been changed. Just the relationship between MD and dexterity. He will still do what he has in the past, just at a lower rate.

I am not sure why you feel the need to troll. He is not worth the resources expended on him anymore. You can't deny that. He was ranked for defense. Not nearly as valuable now.

I am not trolling. Once the changes go live his worth does diminish, but no compensation is needed since everyone who used resources on him got their value. That’s like saying “Big Mac has a new sauce I want to be reimbursed for all the Big Macs I ate in my lifetime.
    PaytoPlay wrote: »

I am not sure why you feel the need to troll. He is not worth the resources expended on him anymore. You can't deny that. He was ranked for defense. Not nearly as valuable now.

He isn't trolling man... Just because someone use their generic on dorm and ranked him up doesn't make him the only champ being affected by this change. Dorm does get impacted more than others though that's for sure.

She, lol. I agree he gets impacted quite a bit. But this is what the community has been asking for, for a long time. We all knew something like this would happen. People have been asking for dex to not reapply every evade if we had the buff Long before Dorm was a popular defender.

Sorry.. she :)

I am not trolling. Once the changes go live his worth does diminish, but no compensation is needed since everyone who used resources on him got their value. That’s like saying “Big Mac has a new sauce I want to be reimbursed for all the Big Macs I ate in my lifetime.

He isn't trolling man... Just because someone use their generic on dorm and ranked him up doesn't make him the only champ being affected by this change. Dorm does get impacted more than others though that's for sure.

She, lol. I agree he gets impacted quite a bit. But this is what the community has been asking for, for a long time. We all knew something like this would happen. People have been asking for dex to not reapply every evade if we had the buff Long before Dorm was a popular defender.

Terrible analogy with the Big Mac thing. I'll help you with it. If you ordered a big mac and paid for it then took a few bites of it followed by the McDonald's employee taking the remainder of your Big Mac and handing you one or two fries in exchange with no refund and telling you that is equivalent and you got your value. There it is. That is comparable. But I get it you just want to troll.
    Uppercut wrote: »
    Some of us ranked multiple mystic champions for defense, 4/55 and 5/65. We should hopefully get the rank down tickets for all. Not to mention multiple gems we used to awaken those champs

Don't forget the cost of maxing out MD. Very expensive
    I used my loyalty to max pure skill and cash to max mystic dispersion I think a refund is due

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Terrible analogy with the Big Mac thing. I'll help you with it. If you ordered a big mac and paid for it then took a few bites of it followed by the McDonald's employee taking the remainder of your Big Mac and handing you one or two fries in exchange with no refund and telling you that is equivalent and you got your value. There it is. That is comparable. But I get it you just want to troll.

What it comes down to is nothing has been altered. He still does what he does. The the bite analogy doesn’t work. Because you have had MD/Dex working one way for a long time. Just like all the Big Macs you have eaten. You had your cake and ate it. Now the cake is biting back. This change was needed.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I used my loyalty to max pure skill and cash to max mystic dispersion I think a refund is due

It's a potential change. It remains to be seen if it even gets implemented.

What it comes down to is nothing has been altered. He still does what he does. The the bite analogy doesn’t work. Because you have had MD/Dex working one way for a long time. Just like all the Big Macs you have eaten. You had your cake and ate it. Now the cake is biting back. This change was needed.

They can make the change but need to compensate those who invested heavily.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Mystic characters were meant to counter Cosmic characters (i.e. class advantage). Mystic Dispersion's original intent was to give Mystic characters even more of an advantage since Cosmic characters tend to have a lot of buffs. The interaction between MD and Dexterity was a broken interaction: why should Summoners be punished by MD for using the dexterity mastery? Doesn't make sense. This was a long overdue change. Also, this doesn't affect Dorm's sig ability.
    It doss blade Can Roll over him now he culd befor to but now just alot esay
    edited June 2018
    Siliyo wrote: »
    :o

Agree but when they nerfed w.p to were it should of always been they refunded they need to do the same now for md nerf
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★

I’m with you, I used my LOL generic on Dorm and pumped 80 sig stones into him. I wanted the best defender in the game, looks like I’ll end up with a useless waste of resources.

I hope Kabam does the right thing by people who used a generic on him.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »

I’m with you, I used my LOL generic on Dorm and pumped 80 sig stones into him. I wanted the best defender in the game, looks like I’ll end up with a useless waste of resources.

I hope Kabam does the right thing by people who used a generic on him.

Any awakening gem used on any mystic should be considered not just the resources used on dorm. A change to the meta is a change to the meta.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    You guys are a bunch of babiesssss lol Always complaining about something
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »
    Dont ikow what the cancge is but it most gone be somting with dex is pasive and md May Lower pover
    What??? As usual cant understand anything you are saying.
    Please learn how to spell. And structure a sentence atleast enough so what you are saying makes sense

Need a comma after "As usual".
    *can't
    *at least
    Starting a sentence with "And" is poor sentence structure.
    The phrase, "structure a sentence at least enough" is bad grammar.
    Probably could of used a period on your last sentence.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Rixob wrote: »

You would feel the same way if you poured real money (a lot of money) into something and then it gets made useless just like that.
  • Rank down tickets for all dorm owners!
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »

Constructive, thanks for contributing to the current beta testing
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    I'm confused. MD and the dex evade have been a problem for the longest. It didn't matter until AW, even though it was problematic on spite nodes. Lots and lots of people have complained for years. Years. Why are you complaining now?

This game while not an actual competition, replicates it for a lot of us. In competition, players are always trying to find "an edge". There's always someone(s) looking to get a leg up on the next guy - mostly because at even strength we have an even chance to lose (just my guess, tbh). So, guys find way to push right up against the edge of the box and dare Kabam to act. Then find themselves confused when things change. I've been on the reverse side of this. Loved BP teams, and it was great for finishing advanced content. Was told I had to change. Wasn't in the spirit of the game to not take damage while blocking. I had to adjust. WP was great too when it was super broken. Man, to be able to go in with a champ at 5% health and heal up just because you spotted AM or JF, so great. But alas, that changed also. It wasn't in the spirit of the game to heal non-native heal champs from nearly 0 to 100 (real quick). I had to adapt.

Long story short, MD will change. For OP, my sincerest apologies on this change. I can see why this must suck. The flip side is, even for a little bit, you did benefit from this exploit. And I'm sorry, but this was and has always been an exploit. I don't care if some one YouTuber said do it, or people on this forum said do it. It is. Anyone who has been around this game a long time knows this. And if you didn't know that it was an exploit, then perhaps you haven't been around for a long enough time. It's no different than BW's block break bug that people campaigned to keep. And we exploited it too, lol. And then they fixed her, and everyone complained, and moved on.

TL;DR things change all the time. Roll with the punches.

This discussion has been closed.