**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

SECOND RANK 5 - 5 Star Champion

Hi, soon i am able to rank 5 my second 5 Star. Very hard for me to decide. Which one you recommend??

Medusa (not duped, but i can use awankening item)
Iceman (duped)
Vision OG (duped but low sig level)
Archangel (not duped, but i can use awankening item)
Hyperion (duped)
Gladiator Hulk (not duped, but i can use awankening item)
Goldpool (just kidding :p)

Comments

• Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    First glace - iceman

who is your first r5?
  • Options
    AhazuAhazu Posts: 37
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    First glace - iceman

who is your first r5?

Blade
  • Options
    Ahazu wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    First glace - iceman

who is your first r5?

Blade

Nice! he was mine too. My next r5 (or r2 6*) I kind of want to make sure helps defense. That medusa would definitely be tempting
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’d suggest iceman, especially if you already have a good damage dealer, but if you want to be a monster on defence medusa might be the pick, also medusa would be great for 100% lol
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    100 % lol already done :)

Concerning Iceman: i do not like his "low" damage output
    Same Problem with Vision OG (and very low Sig-Level, i need at least 100 more sig levels)
    Hyperion at the moment my favorite
    But Medusa also good defender and nice Prestige ...

Mabye i flip a coin? :)
  • Options
    Its gotta be what you like and enjoy playing. I would r5 iceman almost BECAUSE of his low damage output, so it would be a little higher lol.

OG Vis at least is a great power controller and immunity as well as iceman.

The way I see it, as you have LoL at 100%, your rank ups are for your enjoyment, or current content which is AW. If you dont need immunity or power control, my vote would be dusa.
  • Options
    I was Thinking of Gladiator Hulk too, because of his great matchup against Dormamu Bosses in AW
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    You don't really need a r5 for EQ or AQ, so I'll be focusing my opinion with AW in mind:

Iceman gets my vote out of all of those. He will always be an amazing champion.

Why not the others?

Hype would be my 2nd choice, amazing damage and good utility (incinerate to go through champs like electro, or nodes as safeguard, he has some healing, etc)

Medusa is losing value fast as people have learnt how to play against her and with all the true strike champs they are adding. She has sooo many counters (Voodoo, MS, KM, Iceman, Void, Hood, Gwenpool, GR, etc), even my 5/65 isn't getting any kills anymore in high tier war (tier 3+). Sometimes she has some when she catches people slipping, but that will only become less and less as time goes on.
    And on offense she's not even close to Spark, so I wouldn't r5 her for offense.

Glad Hulk is cool, but with the Mystic nerf coming up he will also lose a lot of value (a lot less Mystics on defense).

AA is gimped by poison/bleed champs/nodes which there are a lot of in AW. I haven't seen anyone take AA into AW for a long time probably for this reason.

OG Vision is cool, very unique lol. But idk what he's like at r5. He will still drain the same power I think, so I doubt he will have much to gain from a rank-up utility-wise.
  • Options
    Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    Hyperion, great for defense and versatile on attack, one of the best counters to IMIW at the moment.
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Considering you already spend $500 on vision why not invest more hahah
  • Options
    Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Medusa IMO, but Iceman and Hypes are solid bets too. Can’t see Vision being much more of a use as a r5 than he is as a r4 other than trophy champ value. And i personally don’t have Gulk.

Medusa > Stark spidey, don’t even @ me. Robot killer, serial bleeder, inhuman synergy for extra attack and 6 furys.

Edit: I saw that you’d be using Medusa for defence, in that case, i’d say Hypes is the best bet.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Vegeta9000 wrote: »
    Medusa > Stark spidey, don’t even @ me. Robot killer, serial bleeder, inhuman synergy for extra attack and 6 furys.

10 poise charges > all of that. Medusa doesn't even come close to the damage that Spark can dish out in long fights. Just watch any LOL takedown video.
  • Options
    I was Thinking of Gladiator Hulk too, because of his great matchup against Dormamu Bosses in AW
    LoPresti wrote: »
    You don't really need a r5 for EQ or AQ, so I'll be focusing my opinion with AW in mind:

Iceman gets my vote out of all of those. He will always be an amazing champion.

Why not the others?

Hype would be my 2nd choice, amazing damage and good utility (incinerate to go through champs like electro, or nodes as safeguard, he has some healing, etc)

Medusa is losing value fast as people have learnt how to play against her and with all the true strike champs they are adding. She has sooo many counters (Voodoo, MS, KM, Iceman, Void, Hood, Gwenpool, GR, etc), even my 5/65 isn't getting any kills anymore in high tier war (tier 3+). Sometimes she has some when she catches people slipping, but that will only become less and less as time goes on.
    And on offense she's not even close to Spark, so I wouldn't r5 her for offense.

Glad Hulk is cool, but with the Mystic nerf coming up he will also lose a lot of value (a lot less Mystics on defense).

AA is gimped by poison/bleed champs/nodes which there are a lot of in AW. I haven't seen anyone take AA into AW for a long time probably for this reason.

OG Vision is cool, very unique lol. But idk what he's like at r5. He will still drain the same power I think, so I doubt he will have much to gain from a rank-up utility-wise.

Thank you very much for this superb post!

You almost convinced me. What do you think about my conerns with Iceman (i would use him in offence):

low damage
    and my biggest issue: tech champs. Now MS will be nerfed, we will see alot more of those sentinels and IMIW. Last war i timed out against imiw with rank4 Iceman...
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    If you're worried about IMIW then it has to be medusa or hype.

Hype is probably going to be my 2nd r5 as well.