**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

RTTL 4.5 Rhino

AakashAakash Posts: 340
Any tips for this guy?

Comments

• xion360xion360 Posts: 88
    Dork Lessons has a pretty good video on it, but it really boils down to baiting the heavy / specials and use someone to get past safeguard.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Bring bleeders or someone like Gweenpool, BW, Electra, Crossbone
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Slux83 wrote: »

Debuff immune dude
  • AakashAakash Posts: 340
    @Slux83 I have a R5 Gwenpool although Rhino is debuff immune so she won't bleed him. I just tried him once and he took two of my champs (X-23 (R4) and Gwenpool (R5)
    I know I can do better and complete it just want to minimise the use of items;)
    The team I am planning on using is R5: Iceman, Gwenpool, Star Lord, WW2
    R4: X-23
    I also have BW, SW, DV all duped and at R4
    Ps: DV would be R5 on tomorrow.
    If someone can suggest a better team then I would appreciate the help
    edited June 2017
    I do have R2 5* Elektra as well but she is not very good against Rhino, him being debuff immune.
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Aakash wrote: »
    Any tips for this guy?

Just use champs with direct damage (Vision, Karnak, ...) or any champ who can avoid Rhino's armor (i.e. BW). I used Vision AOU to beat him.
    @Lambda1 but wouldn't Vision burn Rhino's power? As I understand the main focus should be to always have Rhino at his L1, bait L1 and do a full combo; if Rhino is not at full bar of power then attack while he is blocking as well.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    You can still use Elektra if you don't have BW because her crits will ignore armour every once in a while, otherwise if you have a true strike champion like Karnak or Moon Knight, that could be an option.

Otherwise just powerburn with a crit team and be patient.
    Aakash wrote: »
    @Lambda1 but wouldn't Vision burn Rhino's power? As I understand the main focus should be to always have Rhino at his L1, bait L1 and do a full combo; if Rhino is not at full bar of power then attack while he is blocking as well.

Vision steals Rhino's power and give direct damage. Just look his special ability. You can also use L1 or L2 (L2 more efficient in power burn)
    You can still use Elektra if you don't have BW because her crits will ignore armour every once in a while, otherwise if you have a true strike champion like Karnak or Moon Knight, that could be an option.

Absloluteley untrue. Elektra won't ignore armor cause she only can do so with a debuff on the opponent.
    @Lambda1 thanks for the advice will try him out
  • VortenusVortenus Posts: 26
    Using Vision is terrible idea. You can't parry him, You can't intercept him and with power burn You won't be able to bait his specials.
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    Yellow Jacket is a decent option. The sting isn't considered a debuff. It won't stun him if it expires, but when he uses his specials, it does far more damage.
  • TheSchwartzTheSchwartz Posts: 19
    I used CB and just pounded my way through him
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    Slux83 wrote: »

Debuff immune dude

Ops I forgot it. But gweenpool duped should reduce his defense ability and you can bypass safeguard. Same BW and CB
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    No reason to complicate an already annoying fight. Just take in black widow and do the job.
    Vortenus wrote: »
    Using Vision is terrible idea. You can't parry him, You can't intercept him and with power burn You won't be able to bait his specials.

Of course you can. He won't be stun but after parry he will try a heavy so you can evade and counter.
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    I agree that Vision isn't a good option. If no other reason than his specials drain power, and one of the easiest ways to fight Rhino is baiting his sp1 and sp2.

And I love Vision. I think he has a lot of uses on RtL. Just not that particular fight.
    SMiller80 wrote: »
    I agree that Vision isn't a good option. If no other reason than his specials drain power, and one of the easiest ways to fight Rhino is baiting his sp1 and sp2.

Vision gives direct damage with his specials... So you can avoid the damage limit of safeguard (3k+ damage with my 5-rank Vision on SP2).
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    I just used star lord and baited his ass and beat him
  • Jimbojames23Jimbojames23 Posts: 70
    The best way is certainly to try and keep him at a bar of power and bait for an opening, i used x23 personally so I could take a few blocked hits now and again and bait a heavy attack for an opening while being able to regen the blocked damage, imagine wolverine would be better for this but I don't have him
  • I used SL and baited L1.

SL hits the safeguard cap fairly quickly, so each hit deals 1% of his health and he'll drop pretty swiftly.
  • Injuries_IrkedInjuries_Irked Posts: 41
    I actually made this vid a few days ago for someone in my alliance stuck on rhino. https://youtu.be/UEBs9kov4Oc
    It's done! Was able to take him down with Gwenpool! Lost around 35% of my health in blocking. In total I just used 1 l1 revive and 1 l3 potion for completing 4.5!
    Now 4.6, yay!
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    Lambda1 wrote: »

Absloluteley untrue. Elektra won't ignore armor cause she only can do so with a debuff on the opponent.

Good point. I keep forgetting about immunity.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Use StarLord bro