**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unblockable special attack nodes

Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
Looking for some clarification on how unblockable special attack nodes work. Is the full special attack unblockable, or only the first hit?

The reason I ask is that champs like Loki have an unblockable SP2, but if you dodge/evade the first hit you can block the rest of it.

From a strategy standpoint, it means the difference between evading the first hit versus needing to evade the whole thing, which is a big deal if you're facing a very difficult to evade, multiple-hit specials like the "shooters" (Winter Soldier, Joe Fixit, Crossbones, Punisher, Cyclops, Agent Venom, etc)

Comments

• wappykidwappykid Posts: 94
    The first it only
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    Is it still 1st only with Spidey's sp1? Thought it flipped during the double evade bug era. I would evade his 1st web and either block or miss the 2nd and he still would rush me with his punches.

Everything else has been 1st hit only
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Spidey is first hit and though you may still catch the second web, he will punch the air and not close the gap to you.
  • The first hit only, and Dorky Diggity Dave (Dork Lessons) has a ton of useful youtube videos on how to evade certain champs specials, like spiderman.
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    Yeah, Spidey's 1st special is easy to evade, once you practice it enough. I always used to get clipped by 1 web shot, but then learnt how to do it properly. I think YJ's 1st special might be whole unblockable, but there isnt really a way to find out, but following the logic, only the first ray should be unblockable. 2nd special unblockable are DS/Punisher/Hood the kings, but those are manageable as well with practice (without duped DD)