**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 6... when is it coming

I will ask again... Is there any way we can get a word on Act 6. Can we get a timeline of its release, what can we get prepared for, difficulty etc. Monthly quests are getting redundant and mundane. Can we get a new story quest. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I want to say sometime in the near future, but honestly, probably sometime within the next few years, if at all. This is a major moment in the MCU, what with Infinity War and all, and I think that they really have to focus on side quests in order to do the Universe justice.
  • Options
    WyldstyleWyldstyle Posts: 38
    I want to say sometime in the near future, but honestly, probably sometime within the next few years, if at all. This is a major moment in the MCU, what with Infinity War and all, and I think that they really have to focus on side quests in order to do the Universe justice.

I see your point. But in all honesty the MCU is huge and will grow for years to come. That's where the monthly quests mostly come from. Not to mention the netflix series as well. In the game, the story quest doesn't follow the MCU and acts like it's own self contained story. I'm just curious on where they are with it, how close are we to it. I wouldn't think it would be "years" from now tho.
  • Options
    Yeah, but I feel we shouldn't expect to see a new story quest until, at the earliest, after Avengers 4.
  • Options
    Yeah, but I feel we shouldn't expect to see a new story quest until, at the earliest, after Avengers 4.

That is way too long dude. Especially being that the story quest doesn't even follow the MCU. The monthly events do.
  • Options
    Eh I don't know. Just spewing my thoughts without thinking

It's kinda sad how fast I responded. :/
  • Options
    BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    I asked this question a little while ago, this was the response I got

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/67731/where-is-act-6#latest
  • Options
    Barogs wrote: »
    I asked this question a little while ago, this was the response I got

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/67731/where-is-act-6#latest

Welp... That was a bummer...
  • Options
    QuantumBobQuantumBob Posts: 162
    Real bummer. Once LOL is 100% I'm not sure what will keep my interest....there has to be something over the horizon. Some carrot.
  • Options
    QuantumBob wrote: »
    Real bummer. Once LOL is 100% I'm not sure what will keep my interest....there has to be something over the horizon. Some carrot.

Yea, another fun and interactive uncollected quest
  • Options
    Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    Wyldstyle wrote: »
    I will ask again... Is there any way we can get a word on Act 6. Can we get a timeline of its release, what can we get prepared for, difficulty etc. Monthly quests are getting redundant and mundane. Can we get a new story quest. Thank you.

Why are you pushing for new stuff when the stuff we have now doesn't work. I'm done with everything also....but we need alot of work on bugs and stuff waaayyyy before another act.
  • Options
    Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Maybe keep asking every other month. It will probably make them rush act 6 out just for you....

I'm sure once they have a plan for act 6 and a release date we'll hear something.

You should know by now that continuously asking kabam for something doesn't get it any faster...
  • Options
    Gwm83 wrote: »

Why are you pushing for new stuff when the stuff we have now doesn't work. I'm done with everything also....but we need alot of work on bugs and stuff waaayyyy before another act.

There will always be bugs or something that doesn't work. No matter what there's always gonna be something that someone is not satisfied with. But when you've been playing this game since the beginning, certain aspects of it just feels like groundhog day.
  • Options
    Maybe keep asking every other month. It will probably make them rush act 6 out just for you....

I'm sure once they have a plan for act 6 and a release date we'll hear something.

You should know by now that continuously asking kabam for something doesn't get it any faster...

Obviously you didnt have the answer either. Didn't have to be a release date. Any information from any source is what I was looking for. And another forum user directed me to a post of his, in which kabam did respond to. I knew I couldn't have been the only one with that same thought. But I'll ask again next month, just to be sure.
  • Options
    AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    I just started exploring act5 100%. I found the Act5 content is intensive. The effort spent to craft the story, design the map and nodes, plan for the rewards, is really not like something they can or should do like a monthly event quest.

For a company to sustain. My view and stand point is that, they should add more story related content as a core and backbone for the game, so I don’t agree to rush things out.

You can spent all your day and night and complete whole Act within a week, but the effort to create that new story act... they should deeply think through how can they make it more fun and interactive yet non redundant.

On the other hand, they may want to wait for more newer champs, more stable new nodes, considering additional masteries, additional level and energies, new catalyst like T3A, relevant rewards to expand the game.

So I personally do not support this post.
  • Options
    I just started exploring act5 100%. I found the Act5 content is intensive. The effort spent to craft the story, design the map and nodes, plan for the rewards, is really not like something they can or should do like a monthly event quest.

For a company to sustain. My view and stand point is that, they should add more story related content as a core and backbone for the game, so I don’t agree to rush things out.

You can spent all your day and night and complete whole Act within a week, but the effort to create that new story act... they should deeply think through how can they make it more fun and interactive yet non redundant.

On the other hand, they may want to wait for more newer champs, more stable new nodes, considering additional masteries, additional level and energies, new catalyst like T3A, relevant rewards to expand the game.

Thats all well and good. I mean theres really nothing for you to support. No one was asking for them to release it tomorrow. Yes I do agree that story quests do need time be develop. Hence why they never release a full new story all at once. Just was wondering where they were in the process of development of Act 6.
  • Options
    AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★

Thats all well and good. I mean theres really nothing for you to support. No one was asking for them to release it tomorrow. Yes I do agree that story quests do need time be develop. Hence why they never release a full new story all at once. Just was wondering where they were in the process of development of Act 6.

Fair enough, this is reasonable. In this case, I, as a player would also want to know what is in their releases pipeline and what is the projected date for new story quest.
  • Options

Fair enough, this is reasonable. In this case, I, as a player would also want to know what is in their releases pipeline and what is the projected date for new story quest.

Especially being that chapter 1 of Act 5 was released around March last year. I'm honestly interested in where the story goes also. Judging by that link another user posted it would seem that they are far off.