**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Let’s discuss micro rifts...

XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
Let’s get it out of the way, June’s event sucked, assasin assignments were leaps and bounds behind the trials. Too much energy for too little. And micro rifts people are saying the same/ similar things, but with micro rifts, you’re gonna get one (assuming it’s a master rift) every once in a while, so the energy isn’t all that bad, and the rewards, for what they are, I feel are loads better than assassin assignments and are much less of a chore, your thoughts?

Comments

• bluebubble100bluebubble100 Posts: 62
    idk but i did mine and they shards
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Feel these are well worth the effort
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    The rift rewards started with the dr strange event in 2016 and at the time they were very well done and scaled to the game at that point in progression. People loved them. Every time they have done them since they have reduced the rewards but kept the energy and resources needed to run them the same. Now they run this event and it’s the lowest payouts we’ve seen from it. I think a quick read from anyone who has been around that long will tell you they need to keep up with the current game.

But these days that would mean being on fire and crashing, so maybe they just don’t do rifts again for a while lol
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    There's no time of the day you have to be ready, its not mandatory to do one every day, its not even mandatory to do one every week. its apples and oranges compared to dungeons, assignments, etc. This is literally just a giveaway, the problem is the giveaway isnt up to people's standards somehow. They expect a 5* awakening and t2a every time they run it.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    With the new setup of collecting pym cans to get discs, I'm assuming there is zero reason to do the lesser rifts until the end when you won't get enough to do another master. Before you had to do the lesser rifts to get enoigub shards for the next rift up, so it was a cycle. This method seems to bypass that so save pym cans for master rifts, and whatever is left over, use on the lesser ones in the end.

That's said, I had the unfortunate knack of getting the minimal rewards possible outside of the original rift ages ago.
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    There's no time of the day you have to be ready, its not mandatory to do one every day, its not even mandatory to do one every week. its apples and oranges compared to dungeons, assignments, etc. This is literally just a giveaway, the problem is the giveaway isnt up to people's standards somehow. They expect a 5* awakening and t2a every time they run it.

No one said anything about a 5 star awakening gem in this, however if they wanted people to be honest and excited about doing this event to run these, the rewards are lower than every other time this rift set up has been rolled out. People are asking that rewards scale with the time in the game and resources needed to rank champions. I see this deflection on here a lot, "Oh its free guys stop complaining you want these huge rewards for nothing you'll never be happy" and we literally just expressed our high satisfaction with the infinity war tie in event, and it actually did scale with the current meta of the game in many people's opinions who have been here a long time to compare. The last two months were a let down after that. Why is bringing that point up somehow seen as being ungrateful? Is this not the forum to discuss matters like it? The highest resource rewards in this rift are a sliver of a full t2a which you need 4 to rank up a five star to rank 4. The shards are nice but the build up for the event doesn't really match the output, in many people's opinions. They run good events and bad events, and with the issues happening in the last few weeks in this game and goodwill lost on kabam's part, some higher rewards for the exact same event that ran 2-3 years ago seems like a logical argument to make. Not sure why you're jumping on people for bringing it up.
    Primmer79 wrote: »

No one said anything about a 5 star awakening gem in this, however if they wanted people to be honest and excited about doing this event to run these, the rewards are lower than every other time this rift set up has been rolled out. People are asking that rewards scale with the time in the game and resources needed to rank champions. I see this deflection on here a lot, "Oh its free guys stop complaining you want these huge rewards for nothing you'll never be happy" and we literally just expressed our high satisfaction with the infinity war tie in event, and it actually did scale with the current meta of the game in many people's opinions who have been here a long time to compare. The last two months were a let down after that. Why is bringing that point up somehow seen as being ungrateful? Is this not the forum to discuss matters like it? The highest resource rewards in this rift are a sliver of a full t2a which you need 4 to rank up a five star to rank 4. The shards are nice but the build up for the event doesn't really match the output, in many people's opinions. They run good events and bad events, and with the issues happening in the last few weeks in this game and goodwill lost on kabam's part, some higher rewards for the exact same event that ran 2-3 years ago seems like a logical argument to make. Not sure why you're jumping on people for bringing it up.

This is a forum, isnt it? I can disagree. Just citing other comments from other threads.

This is a unique rift, to be fair. There is no more building up from the smaller rifts, but the idea is the same. I miss the original rifts. Rewards were insane. But those rewards wont always be every month. I would expect rewards for difficult content to scale, not necessarily giveaways like this. Like if dungeons ran again, or assassin assignments, or trials, I would expect a small bump.

If I'm jumping on anyone, its the irate people who just "cant believe kabam would even think of just 1/2 a t4b". Yes, I am disappointed in these rifts. I wish the high end rewards were higher. But the rewards are still worth the effort.
    Fair points there. I think there’s a balance between not giving “insane” rewards and giving more resources for doing the only “special” event aspect along with this months quest and theme. And most people who would be able to do runs at the master level were already going to “put forth” the effort anyway as they usually complete at least the top 3 difficulties 100% no matter what, so yeah, I guess it’s not “hard” to run these and you get rewards but that doesn’t exactly overwhelm me with excitement to do them quicker for some reason, nor is it exciting enough to bill it as part of this awesome monthly event...

Now if they had just done ant man trials like they did mad King trials, kept the same rewards earned...I think a lot more people would be happy
    Fair points there. I think there’s a balance between not giving “insane” rewards and giving more resources for doing the only “special” event aspect along with this months quest and theme. And most people who would be able to do runs at the master level were already going to “put forth” the effort anyway as they usually complete at least the top 3 difficulties 100% no matter what, so yeah, I guess it’s not “hard” to run these and you get rewards but that doesn’t exactly overwhelm me with excitement to do them quicker for some reason, nor is it exciting enough to bill it as part of this awesome monthly event...

Now if they had just done ant man trials like they did mad King trials, kept the same rewards earned...I think a lot more people would be happy

I agree. I tend to see rifts not as special content but just extra rewards, due to the lack of urgency and skill necessarily needed. Would love to see trials again.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    I did Master rift. Getting on a rare path with one 4* chest.
    IT holds 7500 or so t2a shards. I will not complain at this Point.
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 266 ★★★
    Does anyone know the recommended power rating for heroic difficulty? (What's the power level of Ghost?) Afraid of using 325,000 canisters for a difficulty I can't complete.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Are we still trying to acceept this month's a good event? it's TRASH.

There are no 5* AG nor full T2a for the simple fact they were in the 4th of july deal for 500 bucks total.

End of story.
    Vale84 wrote: »
    Are we still trying to acceept this month's a good event? it's TRASH.

There are no 5* AG nor full T2a for the simple fact they were in the 4th of july deal for 500 bucks total.

End of story.

@Nick_Caine_32 this is who I would jump on
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Well I thought this thread was dead, but my point was, better these micro rifts than those garbage assassin assignments
    Kappa2g wrote: »
    Does anyone know the recommended power rating for heroic difficulty? (What's the power level of Ghost?) Afraid of using 325,000 canisters for a difficulty I can't complete.

If it falls in line from what I’ve seen heroic rift bosses are about 4500-6000 Power Index
    Totally agree about the assassin assignments. I did like 3 and just saved the energy for other content.
    The funny thing is, I loved stark assignments, but I was much newer and that was content that evolved me to be a much better player, but this rehash now...a year later...bah