**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Insanity?

Z3ROZ3RO Posts: 19
One simple question for everyone, pople that play the game, people that manage the game. What is point of this boosted nodes in new war map?

Comments

• Z3ROZ3RO Posts: 19
    Players think becouse kabam said so, point is to see which alliance is truly better, they also expeled diversity for that reason, yeah. I say all these insane boosted nodes, which me as average player in my alliance cant pass without boosting myself even if i would say i am semi skilled/skilled player and could find my path to mini boss earlier are not to see which alliance is truly better but let the alliance which can afford more win. Kabam fix war map. Let us enjoy again

Ace007. That is a solution but what happens when u face alliance that just dont care about spending units? Game is unbalanced and need fast and good solution
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 ★★★
    AW is extremely frustrating with these new champs that deal “damage just because” or auto block/parry. This game is revolving around a handful of champs and I don’t think I’ll last this next season of AW before I quit this game completely.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Jakearound wrote: »
    AW is extremely frustrating with these new champs that deal “damage just because” or auto block/parry. This game is revolving around a handful of champs and I don’t think I’ll last this next season of AW before I quit this game completely.

Remember when the contest revolved around SW, BW, Thor, Dr. Strange...
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Z3RO wrote: »
    One simple question for everyone, pople that play the game, people that manage the game. What is point of this boosted nodes in new war map?

Instead of end game Alliance War scoring/deciding factor to be focused on SKILL (via attack bonus or previously defender kills), Kabam has stated they want the deciding factor to be alliances/players unable to fully explore the map... so by getting frustrated by dying over and over and spending all 15 items ... and until Kabam can make the map hard enough to institute this super expensive/frustration/not fun idea, they're going to continue to ramp up the difficulty of nodes.

I'd much prefer they focus on Skill based scoring, as top end game alliances are always going to 100% the AW map.
    Voluntaris. My point right there
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I agree, increasing the difficulty is only going to push more people to not participate.
    I feel like they had already pretty well balanced AW.
    Diversity and adding the attack bonus were really good additions to war.
    Adding more ridiculous nodes and more mini bosses is not something any player actually wants.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    Z3RO wrote: »

Instead of end game Alliance War scoring/deciding factor to be focused on SKILL (via attack bonus or previously defender kills), Kabam has stated they want the deciding factor to be alliances/players unable to fully explore the map... so by getting frustrated by dying over and over and spending all 15 items ... and until Kabam can make the map hard enough to institute this super expensive/frustration/not fun idea, they're going to continue to ramp up the difficulty of nodes.

I'd much prefer they focus on Skill based scoring, as top end game alliances are always going to 100% the AW map.

Couldn't agree more. Whoever came up with the idea that that map should not be 100% completed must not play the game. It is simply not an enjoyable experience to be eaten alive by a node. As someone in a high level alliance, people are still dying at a rate high enough to determine the outcome (i.e., skill based). Ties are not an issue. Therefore, the only justification for the increased difficult is Kabam knowing full well that no matter how hard they make the map, people will spend to get through it. Of course, this is fallout from Kabam making AW the single game mode that matters at this point. When you think about it, there was no real reason to remove diversity. People will remove it on their own to place roadblocks on these new nodes. IMO, the changes to the nodes are an epic failure. Sure, people can get items for glory, loyalty, etc., but with the new difficulty, these resources will be eaten up even faster forcing people who want to compete to use money/units. With these changes, I have switched to F2P - even though those July 4th offers were juicy.
    Yeah I also remember Kabam severely nerfing those champs because of that issue yet here we are again. Plus those champs were primarily attack champs. AW defense has always revolved around a handful of certain champs. Can you guess why the attack champs got nerfed but not the defensive champs? I’ll give you a hint, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    Guys i bringed up theme becouse i wanted people focus on major problem new war map bring- as explained if you scroll up. Dont focus on an champion or certan node. We realy have a problem with new map which requier people boosting up and if that doesn't work ofcourse potions to clear their paths, which requier units. MY SOLUTION IS- Bring back old map but with better/less boosted nodes or, keep the new map but significatly reduce those insanely nodes.
    I love it when people post a “my solution” post as if their solution means anything to the game team. The point of AW is to make money. That’s why it is the way it is now. AW now requires some sort of spending to finish, which is he way they have always wanted it to be.

And the crazy thing is people will indeed spend to get those rewards. Is like the ultimate carrot on the string.
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    I'm trying to understand why people try to get rewards in a game where they find the modes frustrating or boring. Is everyone stuck on a masochism node perhaps?
    My solution i didnt send to kabam game team i sent it to players like you and me are in hope people will see and agree. Kabam is as every other company all about money. But hey there are people loving this game and kabam need to show some consoderation instead of beeing greedy for cash. Cash will come if players are pleased and able to joy the game. Cheers Jake
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    The moment they said they were increasing the difficulty while cutting the rewards in half is when I told my alliance that I would be leaving because I refuse to participate in AW. I get the whole we cut the season in half so we cut the rewards in half concept. But the added difficulty should have meant an increase in rewards. Not surprised by kabam actions it was just the final straw for me
    The moment they said they were increasing the difficulty while cutting the rewards in half is when I told my alliance that I would be leaving because I refuse to participate in AW. I get the whole we cut the season in half so we cut the rewards in half concept. But the added difficulty should have meant an increase in rewards. Not surprised by kabam actions it was just the final straw for me

I can hear you mate and realy hope some infulance people will hear and understand this post and make changes. This is brutality in its real face
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    When I saw this thread title I assumed it was new node that caused your attacks to cause damage to you while healing the opponent.