**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Increased odds for a 4* in a Featured Hero Crystal ehh

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Wasn't that the promise starting today with new ones being added? 15 2099 crystals, 15 2* champs. Not even a 3* mind you, 15 2*s and the following little teases added for good measure. Not one usually to complain but this is a step too far. Wallet = closed going forward.

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Why would you think the featured odds increased?

There is a post that states featured crystals now have a chance to award previously featured heroes. TMK that didn't say anything about increasing odds and do you really think the would make the odds so good you could get a featured for less than the cost of a generic 4* crystal?
  • Options
    SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Well technically, from 0.01 to 0.02% chance is still an increase though.
  • Options
    Oof, sorry to hear that. But we did say that it's only a slight increase. You're not going to see a big increase in the 4-Star Champion drops, but you are still less likely to get a 2-Star Champion than you were before, and are more likely to get a 4-Star Champion.
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

There is a post that states featured crystals now have a chance to award previously featured heroes. TMK that didn't say anything about increasing odds and do you really think the would make the odds so good you could get a featured for less than the cost of a generic 4* crystal?

No, have no expectation of a feature at that point. But not even a 3* in 15 pulls? You can't tell me that this is acceptable

• Options
    Oof, sorry to hear that. But we did say that it's only a slight increase. You're not going to see a big increase in the 4-Star Champion drops, but you are still less likely to get a 2-Star Champion than you were before, and are more likely to get a 4-Star Champion.

So 15/15 pulling 2*s is decreased odds of such happening? Even a single 3* would be a different story but 15/15?
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    DalBot wrote: »

No, have no expectation of a feature at that point. But not even a 3* in 15 pulls? You can't tell me that this is acceptable

It is a random chance. Any outcome is acceptable.Are you saying the crystals should be rigged?
    ;)
  • Options

It is a random chance. Any outcome is acceptable.Are you saying the crystals should be rigged?
    ;)

I'm saying 15/15 on 2*s seems a tad suspicious when were told our chances of not getting 2*s would be increasing as confirmed earlier in this thread.
  • Options

So 15/15 pulling 2*s is decreased odds of such happening? Even a single 3* would be a different story but 15/15?

We can see why you might see that as not changing, but 15 crystals is still a very small sample size, and the results are still random. You could open 5 Crystals and get 5 4-Stars (although that's super unlikely), or you could open 10 000 and get no 4-Stars. However unlikely these 2 situations are, this is how probability works.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    I opened 5 and got 1 3-star.
    I think the odds of getting a 4-star sub-featured are much lower than any other 4-star ...
  • Options

We can see why you might see that as not changing, but 15 crystals is still a very small sample size, and the results are still random. You could open 5 Crystals and get 5 4-Stars (although that's super unlikely), or you could open 10 000 and get no 4-Stars. However unlikely these 2 situations are, this is how probability works.

And yet when the drop rates are not published anywhere and the current example is not consistent with historical results, really it's just lip service with no factual backing.
  • Options

So how many exactly do you expect us to buy to actually see a change?
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Increased odds huh, lol must be like a .5% increase just opened 2 and i got 2 two star guillotine from them.

My luck sucks with these, and with phc lately aswell.
  • Options
    So I just bought 2 for the fun of it. Order of champs: 4* Iceman 2* DP Xforce 4* 2099. Slows down completely, FULLY STOPS spining at Iceman, and then magically slides over to Xforce DP completely frozen in place. That is the last one I buy. Ever.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    SlySly wrote: »
    So I just bought 2 for the fun of it. Order of champs: 4* Iceman 2* DP Xforce 4* 2099. Slows down completely, FULLY STOPS spining at Iceman, and then magically slides over to Xforce DP completely frozen in place. That is the last one I buy. Ever.

I can top that. Did the same stop on one champ before rolling to the other when the crystal opened...

yUGYnNj.jpg
    BxaCsMq.jpg

• Options
    Also I had an iTunes giftcard sitting around so I bought another 7 crystals. Wanna guess what I got in those other 7 crystals? I bet you'll get it right!
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Also I had an iTunes giftcard sitting around so I bought another 7 crystals. Wanna guess what I got in those other 7 crystals? I bet you'll get it right!

7 2099s?
  • Options
    TryakshaTryaksha Posts: 202
    edited June 2017

We do understand that there is a probability factor Mike. But then shouldn't there be some form of parity in the game? We see people around us pulling 4 stars like real easy peasy.. while others dont see one for a year. Dont you think this is leading to a lot of bad will amongst players?

If there was a cut off.. say even after 300 crystals you dont get a 4 * in the next one your chances atleast double? How can kabam explain the probability that in the last whole year after opening nearly 60-80 at times 100 PHC a month i have drawn just one 4*.

Its ok even if you dont answer, but your team seriously needs to look in this disparity.
  • Options
    GbSarkar wrote: »

7 2099s?

Boom, nailed it *eyeroll*
  • Options

7 2099s?

Just stop buying theres no point. You spent 2.5k+ units on something thats prob not even gonna be good. Save for potions and revives and the day when they release something actually worth spending units on.
  • Options
    SlySly wrote: »

7 2099s?

Just stop buying theres no point. You spent 2.5k+ units on something thats prob not even gonna be good. Save for potions and revives and the day when they release something actually worth spending units on.

I'm done spending, now and going forth. I was merely trying the odds of the supposedly increased chances, only to get literally 22 2*s in 22 pulls. Apparently you can quantify any number and Miike will say "well, that's a small sample so tough luck", when literally all we have is lip service. It's sad, it's bogus and it's driven me away from spending on this product. I've spent a TON of money on this game. Done with that for good.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Why isn't this thread getting bumped up when people post in it?
  • Options
    Why isn't this thread getting bumped up when people post in it?

Things that make you go "hmmm..."
  • Options
    FineFine Posts: 78
    Three weeks ago I bought one 150 unit premium crystal and got OG 4* Punisher. I bought another a few days ago and got 4* Psylocke. I popped one regular PHC day before yesterday and duped my 4* Captain America. Granted that the first 4* from a regular phc since November. but I gotta say, I'm pretty happy with drop rates recently!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Then again, I've always had pretty solid luck on 150 unit premium crystals

opening_zps9ol9hew6.png
    crystals3_zps96hd7cfz.jpg
    crystals2_zpsuucm3sfm.jpg
    crystals_zpschxnur44.jpg

hehehe
  • Options
    Fine wrote: »

opening_zps9ol9hew6.png
    crystals_zpschxnur44.jpg

hehehe
    Fine wrote: »

opening_zps9ol9hew6.png
    crystals_zpschxnur44.jpg

hehehe

You're just proving the point. There are definitely appearances that there are different drop rates based on profiles.
  • Options
    Well, I'm pretty sure I funded a new wing at the Austin office. :D
  • Options
    FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    edited June 2017
    You all DO realize that the spinning "carousel" has ZERO to do with what champ you get, right? So like, when you see it land between two 4* champs on a 2* champ, that doesn't mean that you ALMOST got a 4*. It's a fake graphic meant to illicit the feeling that you "almost got something great", so that you'll buy more. The champ you get is decided the first instant you open or spin it. You're all just getting needlessly worked up when you take that spinning graphic seriously.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I'm legitimately trying to spare some of you a little bit of stress and frustration. These crystals have HORRIBLE odds, and buying them is, more often than not, going to be a waste of units.
  • Options
    I never spin, lol