Options

Days of future past...

I’ll frame this as a constructive discussion to the community.

Were you around 2 years ago during the great 12.0 debacle?

Do you recall the outrage and the Kabam response that no compensation would occur and then suddenly all these posts happened here, reddit and other places that our game was broken, refunds were rampant for a very legitimate mistake.

Then within the week, Kabam halted all refunds did a player appreciation event, had RDT raining from the sky and generally did the right thing to get us, as a community, the proper compensation for playing a broken game, or more accurately apologizing for charging us for a game that was NOT working as intended.

If you were around for that you may recall the update was before the 2017 July 4th sale.

You might also remember, the ability of the community to get Kabam attention and ‘appreciate’ their customers and do the right thing.

I love this game, we all do, otherwise you wouldn’t bother with being on this forum.

I’d like to use this post to reflect on how the development team could better utilize our opinions and recognize a recurring theme on the updates and the problems they cause during their biggest sale event of the year. Personally this feels exactly like 2017 all over again and my hope is they refer back to that time to figure out how to make the community whole again...

Please be respectful with responses, I’d really like this to be an open forum so Kabam can hear our voice

Comments

• Options
    odnam19odnam19 Posts: 1
    ;) completely agree!!
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Yeah it was a horrible time to be playing the game. It’s tsken time or kabam to remedy it and when they took 2 steps forwards they always seem to take 4-5 steps back. It’s sad. I know they can’t cobtrol how servers act, I understand that because I work in an industry we use a POS that isn’t the greatest. It goes down it’s not our fault, but our IT and corporate teams (myself included) work out tails off to make sure the front line guys don’t suffer from it. When I go into stores customers talk to me and I am transparent with them. I tell them what we are doing to tenement it and what is causing those issues. It was a lot worse years ago but we fix the issues and the same issues never return. New ones arise and we fix them. Seems as though kabam doesn’t do that, I genuinely like this game a lot but idk if I can risk my phones health over a game.
  • Options
    MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    Thanks for the beginning of this discussion guys, amazing I was flagged already for this post. Let’s keep hearing your thoughts, not sure why any legit player would consider this as spam or abuse, oh well...
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I agree.

Kabam is gonna close the thread though. They close any threads that point out things like this, even if you’re polite about it.
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I wasn’t around during 12.0 but I know of the outrage, and I have some hope that Kabam will do the right thing, with time. But that’s the kicker, time, that’s what we’ve spent in this amazing game, and what we have been asked to waste for almost a week since things went downhill with 19.0. Its going to require lots of patience to wait out for Kabam to hopefully pay out for this pretty awful last week or so. Sure compensation was poor for the outage, but Kabam still has time to add to that with more, better compensation. I hope that’s the direction they take with these issues

All in all, I’ve always liked Kabam as a company, it’s been shaky this past week but I think they could rise back and be everyone’s favorite again, or make them their new favorite. And it starts now! (Hopefully!)
  • Options
    Kpthagreat wrote: »
    The issue is, with the 12.0 debacle, the whales joined us. Now Kabam has chosen a divide and conquer tactic it seems. They have been feeding the whales good and vice versa, so we don’t have the whales on our side, they are eating good so the other 99%.... well, out of sight, out of mind. That’s the difference currently as to why they have turned a blind eye. That’s what I discern right now.

I recently saw that a top ‘whale’ alliance got 10k in refunds this week.

Let’s keep talking it out, I’m not convinced the whales are not on board.
  • Options
    Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    I’ll frame this as a constructive discussion to the community.

Were you around 2 years ago during the great 12.0 debacle?

Do you recall the outrage and the Kabam response that no compensation would occur and then suddenly all these posts happened here, reddit and other places that our game was broken, refunds were rampant for a very legitimate mistake.

Then within the week, Kabam halted all refunds did a player appreciation event, had RDT raining from the sky and generally did the right thing to get us, as a community, the proper compensation for playing a broken game, or more accurately apologizing for charging us for a game that was NOT working as intended.

If you were around for that you may recall the update was before the 2017 July 4th sale.

You might also remember, the ability of the community to get Kabam attention and ‘appreciate’ their customers and do the right thing.

I love this game, we all do, otherwise you wouldn’t bother with being on this forum.

I’d like to use this post to reflect on how the development team could better utilize our opinions and recognize a recurring theme on the updates and the problems they cause during their biggest sale event of the year. Personally this feels exactly like 2017 all over again and my hope is they refer back to that time to figure out how to make the community whole again...

Please be respectful with responses, I’d really like this to be an open forum so Kabam can hear our voice

100% Agree. By far the worst update since 12.0, if not worse even. Difference between then and now is they cared back then. Now? Not so much. You'd be surprised the number of people I know that are either preparing to quit or have already decided enough is enough and moved on. People that were hoping for a solid incentive with the "compensations" considering the way they said they were "discussing it", only to be grossly disappointed and now overheating phones and then add the whole AQ tier thing on top of it all, imo Kabam is practically chasing them away.
  • Options
    MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    12.0 was a bit different imo. Lots of us had invested in very specific champs to beat the content being presented to us (SW, Dr. S, Thor, and SL). 3 of those 4 were nerfed beyond comprehension for anyone who started playing after the debacle. That was on top of all the other ridiculous changes they made that basically made it into a new game that wasn’t particularly playable.

Now, two years later, they’ve slowly rolled out some of those changes. And as a result, people have had time to adjust to each unfortunate decision by the powers that be. But also, the issues lately haven’t been as impactful given that they only impact certain devices, time zones, champs, and that there are many more champs that can be used for end game content.

• Options
    Maidril wrote: »
    12.0 was a bit different imo. Lots of us had invested in very specific champs to beat the content being presented to us (SW, Dr. S, Thor, and SL). 3 of those 4 were nerfed beyond comprehension for anyone who started playing after the debacle. That was on top of all the other ridiculous changes they made that basically made it into a new game that wasn’t particularly playable.

Now, two years later, they’ve slowly rolled out some of those changes. And as a result, people have had time to adjust to each unfortunate decision by the powers that be. But also, the issues lately haven’t been as impactful given that they only impact certain devices, time zones, champs, and that there are many more champs that can be used for end game content.

I agree, different but ironically very much the same. Huge issues with new updates while pushing the 4th rewards... you’d think they would stop pushing updates on their biggest money day, burned them in the past and from what I’m seeing burning them again

• Options
    BenderBender Posts: 163
    Love the name of this thread.

On topic. Since 12.0 how much of communication has improved? Tbh not much. I dont understand the whole forums setup anyway, if KBM wants to improve their commumications between them and us as customers, why not use other ways. Invest in more social media.

I would like to see KBM taking the game off for a week to fix stuff. And also whats wrong with giving an OP compensation towards us for the outages and overheating issues? As if compensations will unbalance this unbalanced game more :wink:
  • Options
    Bender wrote: »
    Love the name of this thread.

On topic. Since 12.0 how much of communication has improved? Tbh not much. I dont understand the whole forums setup anyway, if KBM wants to improve their commumications between them and us as customers, why not use other ways. Invest in more social media.

I would like to see KBM taking the game off for a week to fix stuff. And also whats wrong with giving an OP compensation towards us for the outages and overheating issues? As if compensations will unbalance this unbalanced game more :wink:

That’s a great point, I’ve tried to find ways to point out communication between KBM and players is having issues. In my opinion thats a HUGE gap we struggle with. we always have, but that’s only one opinion, however let me show you my efforts to bring this up in the past, with surprising traction....