**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Classic Cpt.A and WWII Cpt.A differences?

Captain America in general is my favourite and most strongest champion/character amongst my roster, however I always wondered what the major differences were between Cpt.A (Classic) and Cpt.A (WWII) that defines them. Both versions in my opinion are both powerhouses duped or not.

Comments

• ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Captain America WW2 can inflict bleed which is a huge advantage over the Classic Captain.
  • H3LLSHOW247H3LLSHOW247 Posts: 151
    Would you say Cpt.A (WWII) bleed stack is more rewarding than Cpt.A (Classic) fatigue stack damage output?
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    you also gotta look at the rest of the squad. I think they are both awesome. I have Cap as a 4 and both as 3s with max sig. I love playing them. WWII Cap with CW Cap and Guillotine. And Cap with Ironman and Cap Marvel. They get the job done every time...all of the Capt. Americas.
    Would you say Cpt.A (WWII) bleed stack is more rewarding than Cpt.A (Classic) fatigue stack damage output?

WW2 Cap for sure. He's just a better champ all around for quests, AQ and especially AW. I wouldn't even consider bring original Cap to war on attack. Both can get the job done in AQ, but I prefer WW2 Cap there too for Dormammu especially.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I would say the other cap is better for dormammu actually. He doesn't have any buffs so WW2 sig is pointless in that fight. Also bleed immune so the better stun chance would be more effective imo.
    I would say the other cap is better for dormammu actually. He doesn't have any buffs so WW2 sig is pointless in that fight. Also bleed immune so the better stun chance would be more effective imo.

You'd think that would be the case, but he builds power too fast. You are more likely to push Dormammu into a S2 that way. And the damage factor of WW2 makes up for it. I think it is just personal preference either way. Plus WW2 clears most other champs up until Dormammu with that bleed.
    Thawnim wrote: »

You'd think that would be the case, but he builds power too fast. You are more likely to push Dormammu into a S2 that way. And the damage factor of WW2 makes up for it. I think it is just personal preference either way. Plus WW2 clears most other champs up until Dormammu with that bleed.

Fair enough, dormammu is a lot easier to bait sp1 definitely, only fully avoided his sp2 a handful of times. Rarely use either of the caps on him though, OG still at r1 unduped but WW2 has worked well when I've tried him. Just prefer to use others for it usually.
    Thawnim wrote: »

Fair enough, dormammu is a lot easier to bait sp1 definitely, only fully avoided his sp2 a handful of times. Rarely use either of the caps on him though, OG still at r1 unduped but WW2 has worked well when I've tried him. Just prefer to use others for it usually.

It's on my alt account that I use him. For my primary account I do not use him.
    Na I take out 5 star unlock dormammu with 4 star cap easy! ( in arenas anyway.)
    get especially warm all over when he is like 8k plus and I take him out...with cap at about 4k at 4/40 with synergies.
    But you know we all talk about this stuff, "who's better? Who sucks? Who do I rank?" but the individual effectiveness of any champ has a ton to do with our skill builds...funny there isn't really a lot of talk about what builds people use them with or what potential squads they have for a specific choice.. If you wanna ask in here who to rank, for example, you should describe your build a little and your squad synergy options, then maybe prestige...but first! What foundation are you building on?
    is it that because you might consider that giving your competitors too much info about you? I am a solo player so I am serious...are those things kept only among your alliance members?
    Rap wrote: »
    is it that because you might consider that giving your competitors too much info about you? I am a solo player so I am serious...are those things kept only among your alliance members?

I won't lie, I don't have an account in the forums for my primary account. This account ties with my alt account for a reason. :)
    ah so it is a secret? I see! LOL but you get my point above? If you want a correct answer give us the full equation!
    you can certainly say something like, "A modified suicide build" with x x and x already at rx for a squad...
    As an outsider looking in I hear a lot of "prestige" over what I view as functionality, a coherent squad of the same rank with synergies with every rank-up tagging onto one before (I.e. at least one synergy connection)...even if they are locked and I have others who have been duped...they will dupe! EVENTUALLY! (as Amanda Bynes used to say before flying away) So I rank a squad to a team to multiple squads to multiple teams trying never to completely break the synergy chain....
    it is kinda like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, you know??? and I think it is almost possible to do it without breaking that chain...
    On no I agree 100%. On my alt account I don't care about prestige. On my primary account I do, lol.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    regular cap's fatigue is now useless with the elimination of criting through blocks. WW2 is significantly better.
    I was so pissed at Kabam for making him a one off for fourth of July! No way to dupe or unlock him back then and not added to the Crystal for a long time. But I still say all of his versions are righteous! And fun to play with.
    Actually my Cap had stacked Cruelty in the last arena so his second does hella damage...and can stun!
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    OG cap has better synergies but with that stupid fatigue and no bleed he's frankly worse than WWII in every way.
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Also for 5.2.1 WWII has proven for me to be very helpful. I have him R5, and every time I span his L2, he takes pretty much 50% of the health of my opponent
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Both are good just different. Can't wait to get the 5* Captain America
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Taking little to no damage on blocks with ether cap really depends on how your mastery's are set up. I have both at r4 og is duped if I use one of them which is rare I prefer og.
  • LeagueOfShadowsLeagueOfShadows Posts: 120
    I would say the other cap is better for dormammu actually. He doesn't have any buffs so WW2 sig is pointless in that fight.

Sorry man, but you couldn't be more wrong on this front, especially if you're referring to Dormammu in AQ. I use my CAWW2 on him a lot, & I always receive little to no damage from any of his attacks. His Sp. 1 & 2, I get 0 damage from those almost 100% of the time. That *Dimensional Anchor* buff in AQ activates Dorm's Dimensional Link & his Imbued Dimensional Link for the entire fight (the purple & green icons), so he always has 2 active buffs on him the entire time which pretty much makes my CAWW2 a tank when blocking his attacks. Last AQ round on day 5 I almost soloed him with my Cap, got him down to under 5% before I got caught slippin' & had to finish him off with my WS
    WW2 perfect block chance is increased based on how many buffs his opponent has. can perfect block every hit as long as an opponent has 3 or more buffs.

This is also incorrect, as long as they have an active buff, doesn't matter if its 1 or 10 buffs, the increased chance to take 0 damage is the same, as I stated earlier, I pretty much take 0 damage when fighting Dorm in AQ & he only has 2 active buffs on him...

I would say the other cap is better for dormammu actually. He doesn't have any buffs so WW2 sig is pointless in that fight.

Sorry man, but you couldn't be more wrong on this front, especially if you're referring to Dormammu in AQ. I use my CAWW2 on him a lot, & I always receive little to no damage from any of his attacks. His Sp. 1 & 2, I get 0 damage from those almost 100% of the time. That *Dimensional Anchor* buff in AQ activates Dorm's Dimensional Link & his Imbued Dimensional Link for the entire fight (the purple & green icons), so he always has 2 active buffs on him the entire time which pretty much makes my CAWW2 a tank when blocking his attacks. Last AQ round on day 5 I almost soloed him with my Cap, got him down to under 5% before I got caught slippin' & had to finish him off with my WS
    WW2 perfect block chance is increased based on how many buffs his opponent has. can perfect block every hit as long as an opponent has 3 or more buffs.

This is also incorrect, as long as they have an active buff, doesn't matter if its 1 or 10 buffs, the increased chance to take 0 damage is the same, as I stated earlier, I pretty much take 0 damage when fighting Dorm in AQ & he only has 2 active buffs on him...

About AQ, we're probably playing different maps. My alliance is only running map 3 because our focus is AW so the only local nodes are increased attack and health and heal block from special attacks. So in that situation dormammu never gets a buff so WW2s sig is meaningless in that fight.

As for how his sig works it increases per buff. The description says otherwise but I've tried and tested this countless times and just checked again to make sure. With 1 or 2 buffs on the opponent he would perfect block the majority of hits. With 3 buffs or more every hit was perfect blocked so he'd take 0 damage all the time. Easy to test it, just duel someone like groot or Phoenix and just block when their buffs change. Phoenix is better because there's time before she gets her next fury buff so you can clearly see the difference. Been using WW2 cap for a long time and this has always been the case.
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited July 2017
    ww2 can bleed with a lower chance to stun, very good against champs with buffs because enemy buffs reduces his block damage even more. Depending on his sig lvl and the amount of buffs, you can effectively get guaranteed 0 damage.

og cap can't bleed but when the enemy is fatigued you have a higher chance to stun on specs, he also has better base blocking against the typical champ that isn't riddled with buffs

Pretty much all you need to know about the differences.