**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hackers and modders everywhere

Hackers have been really active lately. Every day there is some other level 20 with a triumphant title. Every night I find myself filing a report on them. And for some reason our alliance keeps attacking them and I'm the one to flush them out. We've had 2 hackers join in the past week and kicked them as soon as they join. And we may have one in our alliance right now but we're still working out the details. Kabam please stop letting these people plague the game. Apparently I'm the only one who can see them. Which earned me a spot on the officer rank in my alliance. I really hate making all these reports about people who can't play the game regularly and I'm starting to get tired of them. Kabam please end the hacker business.

Comments

• Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    alliance keeps attracting* them. I was very confused for a minute
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    just to let you know, my second account is Triumphant Ant with a 20k rating and a 4/40 hulk. it took many potions and revives but i got the job done. So with that said titles mean nothing.

but I do agree with you, hackers, especially in the lower tiers are running rampant. guys with 500 rated champions taking down 20k bosses with 0 items in less than 30 seconds. pay attention to those champs and report them.
  • Options
    DESTROYALL11DESTROYALL11 Posts: 55
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    just to let you know, my second account is Triumphant Ant with a 20k rating and a 4/40 hulk. it took many potions and revives but i got the job done. So with that said titles mean nothing.

but I do agree with you, hackers, especially in the lower tiers are running rampant. guys with 500 rated champions taking down 20k bosses with 0 items in less than 30 seconds. pay attention to those champs and report them.

I'm aware of that I can tell though if someone is hacking based on thier champions and level they could just be pay to win but most of them aren't
    Sorry If you felt as if I was aiming that at you.
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    It isn't that easy, we had one guy that is really good, on his main account he is uncollected and a ton of other titles.

His current champs on his other account are ****, he also has a low PI, however, he still can beat down a boss in AW or AQ with crappy 3* & 4* guys. Lots of people think he is cheating, when he isn't, he is just that good.

I am sure Kabam has basic cheating detection, but, it is really hard to know for sure, and I am sure they are flooded with cheating reports as well. Would be nice if there was a easier way to detect the actual modders from the people that are good.
  • Options
    hope4tghope4tg Posts: 149
    5csphi36pisp.png i see them a lot lately too. Like this fella
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    @DESTROYALL11 no i was just giving an example of someone with subpar champs can just be a skilled second account. I actually agree with you, but the titles argument isn't very valid for determining a hacker or not. if you look @hope4tg image that's a clear hacker there. i feel that they do have hack/mod detection, and that's why you don't see a lot of these players make their way up because they get banned so often. that and it must get boring playing a competitive game without a challenge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    We actively take action against hackers and cheaters, and appreciate all the reports we get. While we cannot follow up with those that have sent in reports, after doing an investigation if we find concrete evidence of in-game cheating - we take action. That action depends on the severity of the violation.

As others have mentioned, there are also many instances when someone feels there is something suspicious going on, when there is not. This is the main reason behind why we have a 'no call-outs' rule.

As a heads up, I have removed some replies from the thread that referenced specific possible methods of cheating. We do not allow discussion of such methods here in our forums, for very obvious reasons. We actively review new methods and ways to stop them, as they crop up. Much like anti-virus software is continually adding protection for new viruses or exploits, we are always working to improve, strengthen our detection and punishment methods, and consider keeping up with those that try to break rules within The Contest as an ongoing and very important battle.
This discussion has been closed.