**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Another slap in the face

MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,093 ★★★
How can we feel appreciated with ridiculous offers like this? Really $20 for tier 1,2, and 3 catalysts. Rub more salt on the wounds after the fiasco that was supposed to be "improved drop rates" in featured crystals.

8luli792ybph.png

Comments

• K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    It's their new 'transparency' tactic since 12.0:

"Show the players just how shady we are"
  • 4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    that price for me is 21euros thanks kabam i wanted to blow 21 euros into a levelup booster since i cant get whole t3cc anymore from the dailys grounds
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    You'd have to be running daily quests for those tier 1 and tier 2 class catalysts. In some ways if it is worth it to you to use the energy and run them then do it, if not you have an option to get some outright and can save your energy for things like master mode or Acts 4 & 5. It's an offer, no one says you have to take it.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Would you rather they just cease all offers (good and bad)?
  • 4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    yeah id prefer if there was no offer good or bad just the standard packs...Cause u see there are offers that happened a year back but now are more expensive or there are offers to scam people like awakening 4s gems 1 month before announcing 12.0 update...alot of people bought that offer for either awaken ds strange bw sw or thor...And then they got nerfed....some things are bound to happen if they happened once....so u see awakening gem offers u know there is a nerf coming it will be tomorrow it will be in a month or in a year? no one knows but its inevitable so yeah id prefer if there was no offer...That way i wouldnt feel stupid
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    Don't like it, don't buy it. Some offers will focus on more end game players while others will focus on beginner/intermediate players. Bombarding forum offer after offer doesn't help your cause, it isn't constructive to kabam. I just find it incredibly funny that no matter the offer, parts of the community feel the need to rage and spam forums with their discontent.

This is where polls and constructive critism come in handy. Used the right way, kabam can gain better insight into how those parts of the community feel and pick out some possible solutions to gain their interest back in the future.

Happy grinding! :)
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    A "slap in the face" seems a bit dramatic....
    Plus, those that are up in arms about the "improved drop rates in crystals" always seem to ignore the fact that the original message from Kabam said SLIGHTLY reduced and expected miracles from it.
    Not a deal that I would spend money on....but if you are raging over this type of stuff...it would probably be best to walk away from this game. With all of the bugs that are still not fixed....this type of stuff is nothing.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Solswerd wrote: »
    A "slap in the face" seems a bit dramatic....
    Plus, those that are up in arms about the "improved drop rates in crystals" always seem to ignore the fact that the original message from Kabam said SLIGHTLY reduced and expected miracles from it.
    Not a deal that I would spend money on....but if you are raging over this type of stuff...it would probably be best to walk away from this game. With all of the bugs that are still not fixed....this type of stuff is nothing.

They were well aware of the wording from the official announcement just like they are well aware that the phrase "slap in the face" is, as you put it, a bit dramatic.

These people are looking for attention. It isn't about the complaint itself. It is about attention.

This is no different from another thread a little while back where the poster was whining about a make-believe schedule change that he made up himself in regards to Punisher 2099.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,093 ★★★
    Not attention seeking to myself, but yes wanted the mods attention. If this is a precursor to t4c or t2a deals then whatever. But $20 for t1,2, and 3 "random" cats seems a little overboard. I could have seen like 4.99.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    Not attention seeking to myself, but yes wanted the mods attention. If this is a precursor to t4c or t2a deals then whatever. But $20 for t1,2, and 3 "random" cats seems a little overboard. I could have seen like 4.99.

So I take it that you didn't bother to log into the game to see the actual offer and only made a comment based on what the OP had said. Is that correct?

Oh wait, you are the OP.

The offer includes 250,000 gold, which is conveniently not mentioned in the discussion. Why is that?

How many golden crystals at 20 units each do you need to buy to obtain 250,000 gold? I'm thinking that the value would hover around $20 to $40 dollars worth to match the 250k gold.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★

So I take it that you didn't bother to log into the game to see the actual offer and only made a comment based on what the OP had said. Is that correct?

Oh wait, you are the OP.

The offer includes 250,000 gold, which is conveniently not mentioned in the discussion. Why is that?

How many golden crystals at 20 units each do you need to buy to obtain 250,000 gold? I'm thinking that the value would hover around $20 to $40 dollars worth to match the 250k gold.

Agreed. $20 isn't horrible for what you get in this package. Its not amazing either.
    With my account do I look like I need gold? I'm sitting on 31 million because I seem to be the dupe king.

q4snmiz1sfln.png

So yeah to me it's worthless. And to new players even that is a rip off. $5 maybe. $20 no.
    edited July 2017
    Personally just to explain why it ticks me off is what new players are going to stick it out paying $20 for that package? No new players, no game. If it's a build up to a t4c or t2alpha package then I can see the build up. But to log in and see that after the "increased drop" debacle it is a slap in the face to a guy like me who has been playing since the day this game launched.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    I think the package is overpriced, but i don't need gold or t3 cats. I also think both are fairly farmable.

I'd be annoyed if it was one of those gateway sales you need to buy before you get a t4 offer, though

Agreed. It's called marketing feedback. If the mods were paying attention they would be passing along the negative feedback of offers that are ticking off players and listening to what the players want. However, that has never been the kabam way which is why if it doesn't happen soon this game will not make it to their planned 2020 content. People are walking away in droves since the 12.0 screw job and with the ridiculous offers new players are not sticking around either. No players no game.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    I don't think players are walking away. I think there's a player turn over which evens out the player base.

I do think medium-to-long term players are more keen on leaving. It's clear there is a lot of love for the game but some of the stuff pitched for the medium-to-long term crowd is either useless or overpriced.
  • Eos_Nano_XEos_Nano_X Posts: 304
    Its not that bad either...
    And the fiasco with the featured crystals? I bought 10 new features and got 3 4* heroes and 3 3* heroes.. not bad at all.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    62a5cbp1pjze.jpg
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    I think the package is overpriced, but i don't need gold or t3 cats. I also think both are fairly farmable.

I'd be annoyed if it was one of those gateway sales you need to buy before you get a t4 offer, though

I thought it was at first.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    Agreed. It's called marketing feedback. If the mods were paying attention they would be passing along the negative feedback of offers that are ticking off players and listening to what the players want. However, that has never been the kabam way which is why if it doesn't happen soon this game will not make it to their planned 2020 content. People are walking away in droves since the 12.0 screw job and with the ridiculous offers new players are not sticking around either. No players no game.

Wow can't wait for Another year to go by and still hear about the game dying then another then another
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Sirnoob wrote: »

Wow can't wait for Another year to go by and still hear about the game dying then another then another

Agreed. The WP Nerf was the end. 12.0 was the end. Every Offer is the end. If it's the end, it has a longer farewell than Cher. Lol.
    The game is doing just fine. The Offers are for many different demographics and ranges of Players. I don't know why people personalize and dramatize every one.