**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

"Double" chance 4* crystal idea

Hello all,

I've been thinking about this for a longer time and thought I'd share my idea with all of you.

What I was thinking was that you'd have a 4* shard, or normal, crystal that would be kind of a double chance crystal.
How I envisioned it was you'd pay 2,250 4* shards just to obtain the crystal. You spin it, or open it, just like a normal one. You land on a champion. Now lets say you get LC or Spider Gwen or Magneto, and it's not the champ you really wanted. That's where the "Double chance" comes in.

You can spin/open the crystal again, for an additional 250 4* shards. Now lets say in the first one you got LC, but in the second spin you got something more useful, like a Hulk, or dare I say, a Gwenpool or AA. After both crystals have been open, you can choose which champion you'd like to keep, discarding the other one. Total cost of the 4* champion would be 2500 4* shards, which is slightly higher than normal, but it gives you that extra chance to choose the more desired champion.

Let me know your thoughts.
Regards,
Lo4

Comments

• Options
    Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    To make it more valuable/risky, removing the "choose one of the two" thing, if you re-spin you lose the older champ. 250 extra shards would be too low to make us choose between 2 champs, the bet of re-spin would be better
  • Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    a price of 3000-3500 shards would be more likely for a 're-spin' option, in my opinion. We'd all love to get them more, but making it that much easier to attain champions would kill the game, lets get back to reality.
  • Options
    Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    a price of 3000-3500 shards would be more likely for a 're-spin' option, in my opinion. We'd all love to get them more, but making it that much easier to attain champions would kill the game, lets get back to reality.

well, the RNG isnt the greatest as it is, so having that extra chance at 1 of the 100 champs you want isnt all that high
  • Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Lo4eath wrote: »
    well, the RNG isnt the greatest as it is, so having that extra chance at 1 of the 100 champs you want isnt all that high

But the game revolves around the CHANCE of obtaining the champions you want/need. To eliminate that chance, or lessen it, would imbalance the game heavily, and quickly. Like I said, we would all want the better chance, but look at it logically. Do you really want everyone to have every champ? Lets give trophies for participation while we're at it!
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    I actually made a thread on this that got really big awhile back. I think it's more likely that Kabam will see out idea if we use that thread since it's bigger. I think it's a great idea, and I really hope Kabam will see this and implement it:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/90/crystal-retry-button/p1
  • Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Or they could just improve champs so they are all decent enough that people aren't disappointed.
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Nah, too cheap. I can easily get an extra 250 shards in exploring 1 chapter in a master difficulty event. It would probably be better if the re-spin would cost around 700 more shards.
  • Options
    ADDZZADDZZ Posts: 71
    I completely agree that something like this is a great idea. However it points to just how poor Kabams attempt at "character balance" really was. The fact we have such garbage, useless champs in existence is proof enough of their failure.

One instance that got me thinking recently was Doctor strange. They cut his power gain by 2 thirds, and then introduced Hyperion shortly after
  • Options
    NoCharlesNoCharles Posts: 40
    I would say 500 shards to spin again and by doing that you discard the old spin.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Then the next spin will be SG, IP, AM, LC, KK, SheH, Karnak...

And some people think they'll be the ones profiting the system.
  • Options
    ScorpionsKryptScorpionsKrypt Posts: 161
    Yes
  • Options
    Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    NoCharles wrote: »
    I would say 500 shards to spin again and by doing that you discard the old spin.

The whole point was to have a choice, if you get let's say SIM on the first try and then IP, i'd rather have the 20 points in SIM (although they are both almost equally useless)
  • Options
    Jimbojames23Jimbojames23 Posts: 70
    Totally disagree with having a choice, mostly because I like to think realistically. Not just that, but if you got the champ you wanted everytime it would take away the excitement of actually getting those good champs when you pull them anyway from the system how it is now, but I do like the idea of having one chance to re-spin at a cost, I think 500 shards would be reasonable enough