**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why the ghost fight feels uninspired

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
I despise Infinity Iron Man for being waaaaay to designed defensively if he was the final UC fight 2 months ago I’d have been dismayed over going through that a couple times.

Uncollected Guilly was decent cause there was a way around her, and Infinity Thanos was breathtakingly designed as a firm but fair challenge with proper rules to it. Goldpool was fun… basic but coupled with MODOK is was a nice challenge followed by a battle of stamina akin to RoL in straight forwardness

But ghost? Ghost was just ugly. No cheap tricks, just a bad brute with steroids. Preferably you’d give her an annoying node on 3.1 and give YJ the challenge of a “no special 3.2” brawl while avoiding unblockable Sp1 with a bias for them. It would have felt much more special than getting 1-shot through blocks. Wasn’t a hard fight but seeing r4 5*s go 100% to nothing for almost nothing just wasn’t enjoyable (plus that aggressive regeneration was filler)

Comments

• Options
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    You have to be semi aggressive. I thought she was the easiest fight we’ve had in a long time. All you have to do is hit her and her buffs drop drastically reducing her damage. Her specials are easily avoidable and her phase doesn’t really do anything. Nothing I could see anyway. Just be semi aggressive and don’t let her build up a ton of buffs.

Agreed but she’s uninspired because instead of being a challenge it’s just a stupid attack stat that even the collector or Infinity Thanos don’t have bragging rights to (granted those are much harder fights due to having “challenges” built in to them)

Not complaining just giving constructive feedback on what I believe a “rewarding” boss fight should be like and why Ghost left me feeling bored more than anything.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    But in a way it felt good that Kabam didn't default to cheap mechanics (like stun immune + bane + unblockable specials) to make the fight "difficult" and force players to use pots.

It does feel like Kabam will utilize champs like IWIM and Domino more and more as primary go-to options for the hard paths moving forward. Being a tank isn't enough anymore, they have to have built-in autoblock & unavoidable DOT mechanics that they can then stack buffs onto where only the 4/55+ crowd can compete.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    as someone who plays mostly safe, I find ghost to be more challenging, then goldpool was (easily oneshoted him with gulk)
  • Options
    Aleor wrote: »
    as someone who plays mostly safe, I find ghost to be more challenging, then goldpool was (easily oneshoted him with gulk)

Agreed. Personally I’ve been working on a copy-dash into a heavy bait technique but it’s still iffy on if I nail it or not (kind of like a safer intercept) and it was a culture shock to have to be more aggressive in a very touchy fight
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Kabam will have to be really creative next month since they don't have a Marvel movie to integrate...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Kabam will have to be really creative next month since they don't have a Marvel movie to integrate...

Could be some Champs overlooked the last while. Could also be a Memory Lane Crystal. Hard to say.
  • Options

Could be some Champs overlooked the last while. Could also be a Memory Lane Crystal. Hard to say.

It’ll probably be related to whoever the mastermind behind the condensed ISO-8 is or heroes that could help uncover the secrets of the mastermind. Money on Beta Ray bill assisting Heimdal, or iconic/important villains like Mysterio, Omega Red, mystique, RED SKULL PLEASE(!) or perhaps even the destroyer armor now that the Sentinel is a thing even though it feels trashy thanks to Ultron drones being minion NPCs.

If I had to pick two I’d say heimdal and Mysterio where Mysterio is making it hard for heimdal to see the truth past the illusions followed by Omega Red and Destroyer Armor as “imported muscle to deal with those powerful heroes in our way” with the final reveal of Red Skill who is really Mystique in disguise (this would be a weakened red skull fight, a mystique fight, and then a proper red skull fight as the 3.2) hopefully after that Nick Fury and Beta Ray bill can come in with Fury organizing a front against Hydra as Battlerealm avengers starting with a passing by Beta Ray bill confused by why storm breaker can no longer sense Mjlinor as the “story” Thor is currently Ragnorok without his hammer.

Likely we’ll be seeing some more spiders and spider rogues around the spiderverse animated movie (lizard and Mysterio if any luck)
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★

Who needs a movie to be inspired by when you've got Netflix? Or Cloak and Dagger's series is airing on Freeform, too.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Harder content! harder content! harder content!
    -hard content released
    - money grab
    -😒
  • Options
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    Harder content! harder content! harder content!
    -hard content released
    - money grab
    -😒

@Jh_Dez you’re missing my critique. It’s hard for the wrong reasons. Instead of having interesting mechanics or interactions with nodes… ghost just gets enough steroids to imitate Dwayne Johnson stacked onto her already impressive UC-3.2 boss status.

The last few months have been great with Infinity Thanos, Namless Guiotine, and even forced MODOK mini-boss. All fun fights that are dealt with by strategy and timing and technique. Ghost fight just equates to “yeah don’t stop hitting her or else”. It’s boring and hard for the wrong reason (not really hard but they tried)
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    it's uninspired because in comparison we just fought two of the hardest UC bosses with Guilly and Thanos months prior. and I'm fine with the lazy mechanics as long as they are spending more time making the game better. ensuring that the game works on our devices, and stuff.
  • Options
    Typical_DwarfTypical_Dwarf Posts: 7
    edited July 2018
    I'm totally fine with content being not super challenging every once and a while. Everyone needs a confidence builder sometimes.
  • Options
    Yeah, she was surprisingly easy. Corvus Glaive whooped her in like less than 20 seconds
  • Options
    The uninspiring part, to me, was just stacking nodes like Rage onto 6* champs, then making them most of the paths we had to take. I know a large part of this would require them to update more than two champs every six months (did love the Rulk and LC changes, tho) so they have a wider "usable" fight base to run us into (when's the last time you saw KK/SG/IP/et al as regular fights in EQ?), instead of just cranking up the nodes, but I believe it would be worth it.
  • Options
    I’m fine without a challenge but they REALLY shouldn’t compensate with the stupid amount of damage. Just a personal thing but “attack a boss does not make”