**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why are we complaining about AW

DeliDeli Posts: 353 ★★★
Kabam has made AW competitive again and all we do is complain. Why? Walking through maps, easily %100 exploring has made the game so boring without any type of challenge. This is a good update that doesn't deserve the flack it has received.

Comments

• Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    @deli You disagree that an alliance that chooses not to use items is more likely to lose than an opponent that is using items?
  • Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Deli wrote: »
    Kabam has made AW competitive again and all we do is complain. Why? Walking through maps, easily %100 exploring has made the game so boring without any type of challenge. This is a good update that doesn't deserve the flack it has received.

Is it really "walking through maps, easily 100% exploring..." when wars between top alliances use up 10s of thousands in units on items, per war?
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    Not being able to 100% = waste 15 items per war = about 1500-2000+ units per way in TOP TIER ALLIANCES. Yeah, I would not say it's complaining at all. There are ways to make things more competitive without forcing your customers to use items, especially using a valuable resource such as units.
  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    As someone who never really enjoyed wars (personal preference) I was kind of enjoying playing. Still wasn’t my favorite but it seemed… Balanced. New mini boss notes for the stated purpose of making 100% VERY difficult just seems ridiculous and disheartening. Not enjoyable again. You know what, if the very elite of this game want this and need it to create a challenge than just make it tier one, maybe even tier 2.
  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I’ve watched videos and read posts of alliances continually completing wars with very few deaths sometimes None and, you’re right, that probably is boring… For them. But my experience, at my level, we are talking 60 to 90 deaths each war both sides. And this was before the update
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★

AW tier and path please
  • Options
    If you want to WIN, you will use items. Using items doesn't mean you died out - it can mean you lost health during a fight.
    @silly to again, you dont HAVE to use items. You chose to use items because you died out. There is a difference
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Ok. My ally was gold 1. I rarely used items and never spent units on items ever. I've seen that the top top tiers use ridiculous amounts of boosts and what not. However all those people are choosing to spend money when they truly do not have to spend money. Again if everyone wanted it to be pure skill then we as a community should agree not to spend items. But that's not gonna happen cuz people are not gonna put the energy into organizing and executing a plan. They will spend that energy complaining tho

Wait, you’re in a low tier with easier opponents and nodes? Nevermind.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,387 ★★★★★
    Yep even if not death u have to at least nearly fully heal each time when low on champ u be using which will be like 3 level 4s each time and gets rather expensive in terms of health pots used and how much they cost
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Not being able to 100% = waste 15 items per war = about 1500-2000+ units per way in TOP TIER ALLIANCES. Yeah, I would not say it's complaining at all. There are ways to make things more competitive without forcing your customers to use items, especially using a valuable resource such as units.

And everyone values units differently. Maybe some find value in using units for alliance pots to help win war and gain better rewards.

Everything in this game is about choice. Not kabam's fault if you make the choice to find value elsewhere.

• Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 827 ★★★★
    WiMak wrote: »
    I’ve watched videos and read posts of alliances continually completing wars with very few deaths sometimes None and, you’re right, that probably is boring… For them. But my experience, at my level, we are talking 60 to 90 deaths each war both sides. And this was before the update
    you are correct the top 2 tiers routinely saw fewer than 10 deaths across the whole alliances but down in gold 1 if you had 40-50 deaths you were pretty confident about winning your war. Yet even with the few deaths at the top alliances were using a lot of items because they couldn’t afford to lose attack bonus so healing and boosting between fights was the norm

• Options
    Are you in a Gold alliance? What path do you take in war?
    Last season I was going through wars maybe using 1 or 2 potions. Again using items is a CHOICE. There is nothing forcing you to use those items.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Problem with the minibosses is that 100% the map at tier 6 is cheap and easy, and only loses you about 20k points compared to say clearing 2/3 BGs in their 5 (where the new minis are added in)
  • Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    @silly to again, you dont HAVE to use items. You chose to use items because you died out. There is a difference

If you choose to not use item in plat you probably get an automatic kick by the alliance before the war ends. Using items doesn't necessary equate to revives. The higher the tier the less revives used.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Irrelevant. Of all the things you choose to talk about, you're talking about value lol
    crogs wrote: »
    Siliyo wrote: »

And everyone values units differently. Maybe some find value in using units for alliance pots to help win war and gain better rewards.

Everything in this game is about choice. Not kabam's fault if you make the choice to find value elsewhere.