**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to make the older champions better

After reading the thead about reducing the number of new champions from 2 to 1 I had a idea what if we had I new featured champion a month and instead of the second champ kabam created a upgrade/update pack for 1 of the old champions that could be but into the arena in place of the champion.
This upgrade would be like a newer look, new buffs or sig abilities and a incease in numbers to match the newer champions thus make them more useful.
A good example for thus could be iron-man after the update pack is used his armour looks like the armour from homecoming and change his signature ability to girl Friday which gives him a AI that will give buffs based on sig LVL or combo and make his regeneration more like Luke cage he gets it when he hits 50% health then it takes 15 seconds to reload. This would make iron-man a much more used champ and remember he is 1 of the big 3 in the Marvel universe at the moment a lot more than say blade or gwenpool.

This pack could be taloired to all the old champions and the newer champions that new a buff e.g carnage so what do you guy's think?

Comments

• Options
    EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I like the idea, except there are so many demands for older characters to get reworked, it would take possibly over a year for each old champ to get a rework. This, plus the fact that new champs are constantly getting added, creates this new cycle of neverending demand for reworks, which might just be too much for Kabam to be able to provide.
  • Options
    Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
    I really think Kabam won't fix old champs as I believe they intentionally made some champs bad so that everytime you open a crystal you won't get a good champ
    Or you won't spend money to get the desired champs or god tier champs.
  • Options
    Oswaldo72383Oswaldo72383 Posts: 249
    I honestly thought the plan was to even out champs like wow always did with classes... everyone happy...
    WRONG!
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    I had been thinking the exact same thing, and trying to think through how it could work. Some sort of 'Upgrade crystal"? So your old 5/50 champ gets turned into an updated 5/50 champ? Or possibly upgrades at the cost of one rank, dropping to 4/40?

It would be a way of ensuring rare/one-time rewards like 5* Awakening gems and T5B hasn't been wasted. Would it attract more arena grinding/ event exploration? Would there be a good/unit/item cost for the transformation?

We need to bear in mind with suggestions like this that there needs to be something in it for veteran/high-spending players (otherwise there's nothing much in it for Kabam either), as well as some reason for Kabam to shift their current business model. I'm not sure this would fit the bill; which is why I hadn't posted it yet myself. There would be definite pros and cons to this as a system; but I think it's an interesting suggestion.