**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Got Punisher?

Nope, I don't!! 510 arena crystals and not a single 4* Punisher and only 2 energy refills. For real?! Thank goodness I got that 2.5 mil in gold though because I was down to a measly 5 mil on the verge of going broke!!

hjpdwb2toyyo.jpg

What a joke....

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    That's not really surprising. I've opened thousands in over a year and a half and only landed one. He's extremely rare.
  • Options
    HalfdazedHalfdazed Posts: 24
    I'm aware that he's rare. I've opened thousands over the last couple years as well and I've gotten 0. But to open 500 at one time and still not get him is garbage.
  • Options
    Halfdazed wrote: »
    I'm aware that he's rare. I've opened thousands over the last couple years as well and I've gotten 0. But to open 500 at one time and still not get him is garbage.

The chances don't increase the more you open. The Drop Rate is the same for each individual Crystal. The computer generates an outcome with each individual Crystal. If the Drop Rate is, for example, 0.01%, then you would open 500 Crystals at 0.01%. No idea what the Drop Rate really is, but you get the picture. It doesn't go up if you open multiple Crystals. You just have more chances at the same Drop Rate.
  • Options
    SupaflyaznSupaflyazn Posts: 75
    edited July 2017
    You could have gotten him in the arena recently for about 6.5M!
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    You act like this isn't a normal thing...no Punisher here either and thousands of arena crystals opened as well.
  • Options
    Addyos wrote: »
    You act like this isn't a normal thing...no Punisher here either and thousands of arena crystals opened as well.

Who cares if it's normal or not? There are a lot of things in the real world that would be considered "normal" but are still not ok or acceptable. I guess you tell people affected by those things to shove off because it's normal too?

It sucks tremendously and I felt like sharing my disdain. Major part of the reason I've been playing it less and less and playing other games more and more. Normal thing or not I'm still allowed to complain about it if I so choose, correct? Thanks.
  • Options
    CheyneedCheyneed Posts: 95
    You are allowed to complain. Others are allowed to complain about your complaining. Circle of life I guess. lol. Good luck with your future pulls.
  • Options
    Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Posts: 120
    I feel the same about the alliance crystal opened 100's and never got the 4* unstoppable col I have shade a few 3*'s and more 2*'s then I know what to do with but not the 4* I here you about punished I have been lucky to drop him twice at 4*
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    I have one duped...and am 0 for 18 on featured 5 stars. For bad luck I'd rather not have a 4 star punisher who will sit forever at r3
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Duped him along time ago
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★

Who cares if it's normal or not? There are a lot of things in the real world that would be considered "normal" but are still not ok or acceptable. I guess you tell people affected by those things to shove off because it's normal too?

It sucks tremendously and I felt like sharing my disdain. Major part of the reason I've been playing it less and less and playing other games more and more. Normal thing or not I'm still allowed to complain about it if I so choose, correct? Thanks.

To begin with we are talking about the low drop rate for obtaining a few special pixels in a video game, not some major real life event. You are free to complain about any perceived grievance from said video game. But be mindful that you open yourself to be called out when making such complaints as this is a public forum last I checked.

Have you seen mass arena crystals openings by YouTubers such as Seatin, Brian Grant and Bustero lately? I'm sure they play the game just as much as you if not more, and have yet to pull a 4* Punisher from arena crystals. Dorky Dave only just got a 4* Punisher after how many years of playing MCoC. An alliance mate opened 1 million worth of BC recently and got no 4* Punisher. What makes you any special? You sound just like those who plunk thousands of units into Featured crystals, get zip and then wail on the forums about how unfair Kabam is.

Newsflash; Kabam has had these piss-poor drop rates for many years and are in no hurry to change them. It totally sucks, but no one is forcing you to play this game either. If you don't like certain aspects of the game if not the whole game, then you can leave or shrug it off and focus on what you like about the game instead.

As I mentioned before, I am yet to pull a 4* Punisher as well. I also do wish the drop rates for him are better, but not having a 4* Punisher has little impact on my enjoyment of this game and no impact on my ability to raise 2 kids, pay mortgage etc...you know, real world things that actually matter.

It's just a game at the end of the day.
  • Options
    ScorpionsKryptScorpionsKrypt Posts: 161
    Neither do I

• Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    It really is pure luck. Most of my alliance mates don't have him either despite playing since the beginning.

I got him in the first 4 month of playing. And he sits un-ranked at the bottom of my 4* depth chart because I have much better skill champs to play with.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Spent $50. Came up with a few 3*'s. No 2099. First two were back-to-back Carnage 3*'s. Just how they roll.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

To begin with we are talking about the low drop rate for obtaining a few special pixels in a video game, not some major real life event. You are free to complain about any perceived grievance from said video game. But be mindful that you open yourself to be called out when making such complaints as this is a public forum last I checked.

Have you seen mass arena crystals openings by YouTubers such as Seatin, Brian Grant and Bustero lately? I'm sure they play the game just as much as you if not more, and have yet to pull a 4* Punisher from arena crystals. Dorky Dave only just got a 4* Punisher after how many years of playing MCoC. An alliance mate opened 1 million worth of BC recently and got no 4* Punisher. What makes you any special? You sound just like those who plunk thousands of units into Featured crystals, get zip and then wail on the forums about how unfair Kabam is.

Newsflash; Kabam has had these piss-poor drop rates for many years and are in no hurry to change them. It totally sucks, but no one is forcing you to play this game either. If you don't like certain aspects of the game if not the whole game, then you can leave or shrug it off and focus on what you like about the game instead.

As I mentioned before, I am yet to pull a 4* Punisher as well. I also do wish the drop rates for him are better, but not having a 4* Punisher has little impact on my enjoyment of this game and no impact on my ability to raise 2 kids, pay mortgage etc...you know, real world things that actually matter.

It's just a game at the end of the day.

Bravo, sir. I thought MCoC was the end all be all of everything, the answer to life's questions, the reason we all wake up in the morning. Thank you for the enlightenment!! :wink:

I'm well aware that it's just a game. I moved to a semi retired alliance because I don't have as much interest in the game anymore. That was 1 million battle chips worth of crystals (technically 1,020,000 because I hit the buy 10 button 1 too many times). The most feature crystals I've ever bought for any one champ is maybe 10-15, never spent real money on them, and I haven't bought a single one since the Phoenix feature crystal. I haven't spent money on this game since New Year's and I only have that many units because I never spend those either.

No, I've never watched any videos from anyone about this game and I don't really care enough to watch any. I know the drop rates suck. I know one is forcing me to play the game.

And I'm also in the same boat as far as "real life" things. I support a wife and 2 kids, mortgage, car payments, etc and a I'm not deluded to believe that a 4* Punisher would make or break any of that. Honestly, I wouldn't even take him past 3/30 if I did get him, it's just principle. If you feel the need to "call me out" for complaining about pixels then more power to you. Thanks for taking it to another level. Last time I'll post a personal grievance on here out of pure sarcasm, sheesh.