**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Death squads

I think death squads in arena are a welcome thing. They’re great practice for war, and even then not an entirely accurate simulation.

Reminds me of grinding arena as a newb facing 4* death squads because my skill and 4* roster were weak. Really helped me become a good player, even if the initially slower arena progress was frustrating.

Comments

• FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Welp, not trolling at ya but if you wanna practice for war, you can duel top summoners on the leaderboard.

These death squads, imo, is sometimes an inconvenience if you are targetting top rewards in arenas. Or if you want to make a last minute grind to get that rank reward you are eyeing.

Also, we are conserving materials for rank up due to rarity and costs of such. If it only takes one t1a to r2 a five star, and less than 10k gold, I wouldve done so just to avoid that inconvenience. We want to maximize arena score and hero usage, right? After all, this investment, ehem rather game, needs management of sorts.

Just saying some counter argument on this issue. Besides, it is aggravating some players who are already miffed by the state of the game. Doing more harm than good at the end of the day.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Sure, I get that. But I don’t think anyone does arena specifically to practice for war. The death squads are far weaker than most war opponents.

My point is just, they’re not the end of the world. You can grind through them if you’re skilled enough. And they are good practice for tougher content. Does it suck that they happen sometimes? Yeah. But if you can’t handle them it’s a sign you need to improve and will only better your game in the long run.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Welp, not trolling at ya but if you wanna practice for war, you can duel top summoners on the leaderboard.

These death squads, imo, is sometimes an inconvenience if you are targetting top rewards in arenas. Or if you want to make a last minute grind to get that rank reward you are eyeing.

Also, we are conserving materials for rank up due to rarity and costs of such. If it only takes one t1a to r2 a five star, and less than 10k gold, I wouldve done so just to avoid that inconvenience. We want to maximize arena score and hero usage, right? After all, this investment, ehem rather game, needs management of sorts.

Just saying some counter argument on this issue. Besides, it is aggravating some players who are already miffed by the state of the game. Doing more harm than good at the end of the day.

Exactly. Not everyone has the time and energy to be in arena 24/7. If you have a life and you're just trying to get certain milestones and go about your day, DM is a big inconvenience.
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    So tired of these posts. It’s ARENA, not who can play the most. If the player base has improved you have to adjust. You don’t just get the rewards because you want them, you EARN them in the arena THAT IS SET UP THE SAME WAY FOR ALL PLAYERS! If you can’t handle it and get the scores you want by playing against THE OTHER PLAYERS CHAMPS that’s not the arena having a problem.
  • snapper77snapper77 Posts: 62
    Death squads can easily be avoided after your streak is setup simply do not use a combination of all 3/30 four stars and 1/25 5 stars. If your going to use those level of ranked champs add at least one 4/40 4 star or 2/35 or better to the team and your golden
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Rich_Ryder wrote: »
    So tired of these posts. It’s ARENA, not who can play the most. If the player base has improved you have to adjust. You don’t just get the rewards because you want them, you EARN them in the arena THAT IS SET UP THE SAME WAY FOR ALL PLAYERS! If you can’t handle it and get the scores you want by playing against THE OTHER PLAYERS CHAMPS that’s not the arena having a problem.

Now now @Rich_Ryder, I was advocating for them.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 642 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    I can completely agree with this..
    Arena is boring same old same old rinse and repeat..
    But these matches give you that little jump start.. A reminder of the good old days when everything was a struggle but doable..
    uujh3jqzabhh.jpg
    I find it satisfying watching my low rated champ grab a high rated GR by the ##### and slam him into the wall.. Or repeatedly blasting Blade will saying regenerate that! Lol
    Plus check out the points for these fights..
    Personally I think there enjoyable..
  • BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 153
    @snapper77 is right. if you want to avoid a death squad just don't use all lower tier champs. mix in at least one 2/35 or 4/40. I prefer two and one 3/30 or 1/25. You never see death squads.