Options

Losing 4 players today due to AW nodes

Really scratching my head on the motivation for kabam to create new mini-mini sub-boss death nodes. Just closing out another war and find out 4 of my players are retiring from the game because they aren't having fun anymore. They float through AQ no problem, but tired of just sinking champs into the new death nodes. Or tired of being noded and never really participating in war.

I understand that some alliances out there still manage to clear and don't mind the nodes... I also understand that Kabam said they didn't want people to complete the Map every time.

From my perspective and hearing from my players however, the state of AW just feels broken. After the uproar over diversity, kabam announced they would keep diversity, however with the new nodes, diversity really doesn't even come into effect....like not even in the slightest....It is essentially non existent because AW is now targeted at making sure people don't finish the map.

Further more, if you design an aspect of a game in the hopes most people won't finish, would an unintended consequence not also be that you will lose players or have players who refuse to play that content?

Take LoL for instance... yes of course people are able to complete it, but for a larger percentage of the community it's so far past what they are able to do, willing to do, that they ignore that content all together. I like LoL for the purpose it serves, it's the hardest content of the game so you know what your getting into if you start it but it isn't an essential piece of the game you NEED to play.

Now look at AW, I'm in a 13.5 million alliance, we are no dogs and yet I'm losing players because an ESSENTIAL piece of the game has become so unbalanced with OP nodes in the first tiers of war that they don't even enjoy the content anymore.

Really hope Kabam rethinks the current state of war.

I'm totally down with some crazy challenging nodes, but why can't those nodes remain the sub bosses and main boss? Allow teams to get to the end and try to take on these nodes, let players at least have a semi-realistic opportunity to work together and battle to the sub-bosses.

Anyone else having similar thoughts? I used to love war, just pretty disheartened the direction this game is going.

Comments

• Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    100% agree. The mini mini would be ok if you saw them on nodes 49-54 but on your 4th fight that’s cray cray. Some players can clear but others just may not have the champs for. You’re leaving alliances to lose their strongest guys to go stronger alliances or the loyal guys who play for fun to completely quit or going to smaller alliances where they look like the whales and unbalance the smaller alliances because they run into a 5 million alliance with 2 guys in each group who have a 5 4/55 champs.

Where’s the balance there?
  • Options
    MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    I hadn't even thought about that aspect, I'd certainly prefer to keep my crew together, but lately is becoming more and more of a challenge.
  • Options
    76p25difvgbp.png
  • Options
    MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I think the new minis were just the last straw for a lot of people. Take AQ for example. the season was stale 6 months into it. Now we're over a year and their changes (sentinels) made it more stale than ever. This is why we gravitated to AW because they were improving wars and seaons and such. Now that war is ridiculous, theres nothing to fall back on, because we already hated everything else to begin with.

Wow, that about spot on sir
  • Options
    I actually don’t mind the sentinels and the changes to alliance quest. Their almost as easy as the symbioids. Morningstar Change was a little
    Annoying cuz she requires 8 minutes of fight with a 4 star 5/50 vision but that can be overlooked.

Node 30 crazy
    Node 29 gets skipped by a lot of alliances-
    Waste
    Node 28 (dismay?) lol you put an evading champ there instant KO at a high combo
    Node 27 stun immune counter tactics? Lol.
    Node 31- beefed up buffet node, mixing in mystic champs and MD.

I don’t think kabam wants us skipping fights but there are ways to go around that. You can easily skip tier 1 line 6 to take out the mini with less issues. That defeats the purpose of the game.