**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 4. Was it always this painful?

Was Act 4 always this painful to 100%? The thing is an energy consumer! It never ends.

Comments

• Options
    Timone147 wrote: »
    Yes it was. Used to be a challenge on top of the energy consumption issue. But with higher ranked/better champs + more resources in game+ nerfing parts of Act 4 it's easy for anyone yo overlevel for it.

Wasn't there legend times for Act 4?
  • Options
    MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    edited July 2018
    Act 4 is super easy now. The only difficult part is the energy required.

And I say this as someone who has cleared it with an old account and a newer account.
  • Options
    gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143
    Used to be more painful, before they nerfed a bunch of stuff like the juggergod

But last year september that juggy is quite annoying to deal with. Took me few team revives tho 😂
  • Options
    ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Act 4 was actually a lot harder before. Mainly because of them nerfing areas. Also it's now easier to get champions and to rank them up. Just keep in mind that before we had no Holy Trinity, etc..... In other words, it was much harder before.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Act 4 is just a giant energy drain, due to high energy resources needed to 100% it but it's not that bad to actually play it.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Act 4 was actually a lot harder before. Mainly because of them nerfing areas. Also it's now easier to get champions and to rank them up. Just keep in mind that before we had no Holy Trinity, etc..... In other words, it was much harder before.

There was def a holy trinity.. it was just called Sw, Ds, and Thor instead of Blade, Stark, and Gr. Just keep that in mind, in other words... those 3 now nerfed champs were insanely over powered.
  • Options
    ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    I beat act 4 with 3* when it came out. When we still had are beloved perfect block teams
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Act 4 was actually a lot harder before. .... Just keep in mind that before we had no Holy Trinity, etc...

Yes we did.

They were called Thor, Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch.

We also had Willpower that worked on stacked debuffs, and Perfect Block teams.

A few bits are slightly easier; but it hasn't completely been turned from a mountain into a molehill!
  • Options
    MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Act 4 was actually a lot harder before. .... Just keep in mind that before we had no Holy Trinity, etc...

Yes we did.

They were called Thor, Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch.

We also had Willpower that worked on stacked debuffs, and Perfect Block teams.

A few bits are slightly easier; but it hasn't completely been turned from a mountain into a molehill!

SW and Thor were amazing (I have always maintained Strangelove was mediocre, now he’s bad). But the changes to the game also made defenders in act 4 easier - and blade, iceman, etc., deals with many of the real challenges with greater ease than pre-12.0 characters. Plus, SW is still very good - and players now can still use her.
  • Options
    LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Other than the nerfs and energy costs act 4 is like running the first chapter of master eq. But in the last year with the increases to game ai act 4 has become a more difficult challenge for newer players. Broken masteries don't help either as parry does not work as it used to. Outside of the blade trinity good champs to use for 100% is agent venom for gamblers fate nodes, archangel, iceman, angela, sparky, luke cage, red hulk... Just to name a few older champs you may already have. Newer champs that would beast mode act 4 is ghost, hulk ragnarok, domino, sentinel, modok....
    Grind arenas for units so you always have enough resource to complete 1 map at a time.
  • Options
    snapper77snapper77 Posts: 62
    edited July 2018
    Actually act 4 was always super easy minus juggs slashed tires. Scarlet witch crit team soloed every match in act 4 with no revives needed accept vs juggs. It could even be soloed with a 3 star sw. I actually went back and redid most of it with a 3 star sw on a crit team. Scarlet Witch, BW, vision, two falcons was a content killing team. 5 crit rate synergies made SW better then the trinity and it’s not even close. 3 star SW was better then 95% of the 4 star pool
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Still have nightmares about that Juggernaut..lol.
  • Options
    100%ing it is the painful part. I have no issues plowing through the opponents. The Act is eating my energy refills like candy.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Act 5 100% is not nearly as bad as Act 4 was. The units I save on energy refills for Act 5 are being spent on revives instead.

Act 4 would have single paths that needed 2+ refills to do.