Permanent AQ 30 Minute Timers

Ok guys given the state of the game I think it’s past time we seriously consider permanent 30 minute timers. Please make this happen Kabam!!

It would be a goodwill gesture that I’m sure the community would all appreciate. Managing Map 5 x 5 with an international alliance in different timezones is a strain especially when there are still a few performance issues in the game.

The recent iOS update has improved things for some but not others mainly android users. Cheers
«1

Comments

  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 5,419 ★★★★★
    30 Min timers aren't needed. Organize better and you will be fine. We finished Map 5 today with 3.5 hours left and we have people in the USA and UK
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 170
    We are also a global alliance. However, we finish map 5x5, all 3 bgs with 4 hrs left. No need for 30 min timers. Better organization will help.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 453 ★★
    Kabam has constantly made the game easier. With Act 4, more availability of 4*s, 5*s, and 6*s, AQ is exactly where it should be. It's competitive. The point of Map 5 is for when alliances start to get serious to compete for the best. If you change it to 30 min timers then everyone (including retired alliances will complete and it will come down to pure prestige That will cause every alliance that runs Map 5 a lot more strict on prestige. In the end this game is supposed to be competitive and obviously in the eyes of everyone, the people who spend the most time in this game are the ones that should be compensated the most. A good example being AQ. I suggest stop being greedy.
  • SomethingsomeSomethingsome Posts: 176
    edited July 2018
    So what if map 5 is run by more alliances? It will embolden more to run map 6 which is the natural progression. There are a ton of alliances that have the ability, but not the scheduling to run map 6 and will never do it all because of time. The game should be a natural progression to the harder material as you get better and stronger and they've effectively put in an artifical barrier to that progression all due to the stupid timer issue.


    ...seriously? Lol. I got flagged for a cogent opinion on the matter?
  • Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 429 ★★
    Kabam has constantly made the game easier. With Act 4, more availability of 4*s, 5*s, and 6*s, AQ is exactly where it should be. It's competitive. The point of Map 5 is for when alliances start to get serious to compete for the best. If you change it to 30 min timers then everyone (including retired alliances will complete and it will come down to pure prestige That will cause every alliance that runs Map 5 a lot more strict on prestige. In the end this game is supposed to be competitive and obviously in the eyes of everyone, the people who spend the most time in this game are the ones that should be compensated the most. A good example being AQ. I suggest stop being greedy.

    Aq isn't competitive. It's a boring, time consuming mode that is necessary for ranking champs and nothing else. I still hope they remove energy timers entirely from aq. It's an obsolete factor in a mode that hasn't been changed much since the map was first created. I'm not being greedy personally, I just want it out of my way as quick as possible unless they can renovate the whole thing.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 453 ★★
    So what if map 5 is run by more alliances? It will embolden more to run map 6 which is the natural progression. There are a ton of alliances that have the ability, but not the scheduling to run map 6 and will never do it all because of time. The game should be a natural progression to the harder material as you get better and stronger and they've effectively put in an artifical barrier to that progression all due to the stupid timer issue.


    ...seriously? Lol. I got flagged for a cogent opinion on the matter?

    They haven't put any barrier. If anyone thinks logically, you know that the game will want to reward more the players who spend more time in their game. If you don't spend a lot of time in their game you won't get rewarded as much as others. What constantly happens is Kabam decides to be nice about something that happened or make the game easier in some way and people still find other things to be greedy about another topic. I say get with the program and stop complaining.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 453 ★★
    Kabam has constantly made the game easier. With Act 4, more availability of 4*s, 5*s, and 6*s, AQ is exactly where it should be. It's competitive. The point of Map 5 is for when alliances start to get serious to compete for the best. If you change it to 30 min timers then everyone (including retired alliances will complete and it will come down to pure prestige That will cause every alliance that runs Map 5 a lot more strict on prestige. In the end this game is supposed to be competitive and obviously in the eyes of everyone, the people who spend the most time in this game are the ones that should be compensated the most. A good example being AQ. I suggest stop being greedy.

    Aq isn't competitive. It's a boring, time consuming mode that is necessary for ranking champs and nothing else. I still hope they remove energy timers entirely from aq. It's an obsolete factor in a mode that hasn't been changed much since the map was first created. I'm not being greedy personally, I just want it out of my way as quick as possible unless they can renovate the whole thing.

    It is competitive. The top 1000 alliances do compete for those rewards. As being a part of one and having been a part of a few, I'd know. And all you and other people are doing is be greedy. This game is time consuming so you don't become a Whale in 2 months. But for it to take years. Think logically. If Kabam takes energy entirely I would have explored Act 4 completely in 2 days, not the 6 months it took me. The point of the game is to keep on playing. Not finish everything and get bored of the game.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 194
    Asking for 30 min timers is not greedy in the least. It’s asking for a sign that Kabam appreciates the time we do put in and respects it and realises that real people put time in and have lives outside of the game. Why do you think there’s been such an uproar with all of the problems in the game recently? Put the fun back in and take the chore out. AW season 3 around the corner now too
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 453 ★★
    edited July 2018
    synergy247 wrote: »
    Asking for 30 min timers is not greedy in the least. It’s asking for a sign that Kabam appreciates the time we do put in and respects it and realises that real people put time in and have lives outside of the game. Why do you think there’s been such an uproar with all of the problems in the game recently? Put the fun back in and take the chore out. AW season 3 around the corner now too

    You're talking as if they don't show appreciation at all. As if they don't do anything when they do and a LOT of it. There is so much this game does for us but instead of learning to appreciate it you look for other things to be greedy about. And yes asking for 30 min timers is being greedy. And about season 3 of AW. This game isn't made for the people with 0 times on their hands. This GAME was made for GAMERS. Understand the concept. lol
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 653 ★★★
    This is like the 15th post about 30 minute timers. You guys are so persistent.

    Drop it. It’s bad for the game.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 194
    synergy247 wrote: »
    Asking for 30 min timers is not greedy in the least. It’s asking for a sign that Kabam appreciates the time we do put in and respects it and realises that real people put time in and have lives outside of the game. Why do you think there’s been such an uproar with all of the problems in the game recently? Put the fun back in and take the chore out. AW season 3 around the corner now too

    You're talking as if they don't show appreciation at all. As if they don't do anything when they do and a LOT of it. There is so much this game does for us but instead of learning to appreciate it you look for other things to be greedy about. And yes asking for 30 min timers is being greedy. And about season 3 of AW. This game isn't made for the people with 0 times on their hands. This GAME was made for GAMERS. Understand the concept. lol

    Lol mate I don’t know where you’re coming from. Seriously it’s not greedy we can agree to disagree. You obviously aren’t an officer or leader. Kabam never gives out anything for free it’s only when there’s a problem. So you’re saying gamers can’t be parents with responsibilities, hobbies, interests, full time jobs and a life outside of the game? Perhaps that’s a concept you need to embrace
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 194
    This is like the 15th post about 30 minute timers. You guys are so persistent.

    Drop it. It’s bad for the game.

    What’s your argument as to why it’s bad?
  • I've been playing for three years and honestly I don't think your argument holds water. It would still take years to whale out with the doubled rewards. Besides, the people at the top would gain from it more than the lower players given the disparity in the rewards teirs already in place. Competitive AQ is a paradox as no one really struggles playing these maps (unless they are rather new to it), it all comes down to whom are the biggest accounts, prestige wise, determining the rewards and not anything really skill based. Map 5 is still boring, but with the scheduling issues map 6 is unappealing which is a poor reason not to play the map. The difficulty in the fights should be the determining factor ultimately, on whether to step up or not, not because you have a job that prevents your ability to be on every hour of the day.

    The game right now seems to be catering to the whales, more than the average gamer, and when they get bored and start flinging cash at other games there will be a vacuum created when they leave because kabam didn't foster the development of their replacements sufficiently and they also moved on. The whales with the cash will always be at the top. Kabam could maximize their revenue potential by appealing to the largest player base (even free to play players as they might be enticed to spend in the future), and they appear to be focused too much on the people spending insane amounts of money instead. That will hurt the game in the long run when focusing so heavily on the short term benefits.

    There are about 130 heroes in the game and the greater majority of the player base will never rank up even a quarter of those champs to max for 4☆s, and even less for higher tiers. It's stifling players' ability to experiment and try more maxed "meme" or "trash" characters which could add to the enjoyment of the game by adding more variety to gameplay. Instead all development is funneled into the same few characters, as long as players have them.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 453 ★★
    edited July 2018
    synergy247 wrote: »
    synergy247 wrote: »
    Asking for 30 min timers is not greedy in the least. It’s asking for a sign that Kabam appreciates the time we do put in and respects it and realises that real people put time in and have lives outside of the game. Why do you think there’s been such an uproar with all of the problems in the game recently? Put the fun back in and take the chore out. AW season 3 around the corner now too

    You're talking as if they don't show appreciation at all. As if they don't do anything when they do and a LOT of it. There is so much this game does for us but instead of learning to appreciate it you look for other things to be greedy about. And yes asking for 30 min timers is being greedy. And about season 3 of AW. This game isn't made for the people with 0 times on their hands. This GAME was made for GAMERS. Understand the concept. lol

    Lol mate I don’t know where you’re coming from. Seriously it’s not greedy we can agree to disagree. You obviously aren’t an officer or leader. Kabam never gives out anything for free it’s only when there’s a problem. So you’re saying gamers can’t be parents with responsibilities, hobbies, interests, full time jobs and a life outside of the game? Perhaps that’s a concept you need to embrace

    Continuing to ask for things once things have been given to someone is called being greedy. Learn the definition before you try to argue about it haha...And Kabam does give things for free, a lot of it. Just people like you choose to not acknowledge it. And I understand that completely, just if you don't spend the same amount of time in this game as others who spend hours and hours on it, don't expect to get the same rewards, that's not how games work. Any who, if my alliance can finish AQ every day with 6-7 hours left during weekends being international, you can too.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 453 ★★
    I've been playing for three years and honestly I don't think your argument holds water. It would still take years to whale out with the doubled rewards. Besides, the people at the top would gain from it more than the lower players given the disparity in the rewards teirs already in place. Competitive AQ is a paradox as no one really struggles playing these maps (unless they are rather new to it), it all comes down to whom are the biggest accounts, prestige wise, determining the rewards and not anything really skill based. Map 5 is still boring, but with the scheduling issues map 6 is unappealing which is a poor reason not to play the map. The difficulty in the fights should be the determining factor ultimately, on whether to step up or not, not because you have a job that prevents your ability to be on every hour of the day.

    The game right now seems to be catering to the whales, more than the average gamer, and when they get bored and start flinging cash at other games there will be a vacuum created when they leave because kabam didn't foster the development of their replacements sufficiently and they also moved on. The whales with the cash will always be at the top. Kabam could maximize their revenue potential by appealing to the largest player base (even free to play players as they might be enticed to spend in the future), and they appear to be focused too much on the people spending insane amounts of money instead. That will hurt the game in the long run when focusing so heavily on the short term benefits.

    There are about 130 heroes in the game and the greater majority of the player base will never rank up even a quarter of those champs to max for 4☆s, and even less for higher tiers. It's stifling players' ability to experiment and try more maxed "meme" or "trash" characters which could add to the enjoyment of the game by adding more variety to gameplay. Instead all development is funneled into the same few characters, as long as players have them.

    "The game right now seems to be catering to the whales, more than the average gamer" I swear I'd love to see where you get your "info" from. Because you're funny bro.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 501 ★★
    Whole heartedly agree with the OP.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 653 ★★★
    synergy247 wrote: »
    This is like the 15th post about 30 minute timers. You guys are so persistent.

    Drop it. It’s bad for the game.

    What’s your argument as to why it’s bad?

    Check my previous posts about 30 minute timers. I don’t want to type it again lol
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 501 ★★
    I've been playing for three years and honestly I don't think your argument holds water. It would still take years to whale out with the doubled rewards. Besides, the people at the top would gain from it more than the lower players given the disparity in the rewards teirs already in place. Competitive AQ is a paradox as no one really struggles playing these maps (unless they are rather new to it), it all comes down to whom are the biggest accounts, prestige wise, determining the rewards and not anything really skill based. Map 5 is still boring, but with the scheduling issues map 6 is unappealing which is a poor reason not to play the map. The difficulty in the fights should be the determining factor ultimately, on whether to step up or not, not because you have a job that prevents your ability to be on every hour of the day.

    The game right now seems to be catering to the whales, more than the average gamer, and when they get bored and start flinging cash at other games there will be a vacuum created when they leave because kabam didn't foster the development of their replacements sufficiently and they also moved on. The whales with the cash will always be at the top. Kabam could maximize their revenue potential by appealing to the largest player base (even free to play players as they might be enticed to spend in the future), and they appear to be focused too much on the people spending insane amounts of money instead. That will hurt the game in the long run when focusing so heavily on the short term benefits.

    There are about 130 heroes in the game and the greater majority of the player base will never rank up even a quarter of those champs to max for 4☆s, and even less for higher tiers. It's stifling players' ability to experiment and try more maxed "meme" or "trash" characters which could add to the enjoyment of the game by adding more variety to gameplay. Instead all development is funneled into the same few characters, as long as players have them.

    You out here speaking facts.
  • LoganLogan Posts: 102
    Allow alliances to have the option for 30 or 60 min timers when they select the map, maybe you dont get 24 hrs to complete if you select 30....maybe 18hrs.
Sign In or Register to comment.