**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

About the semi recent passive evade buff change

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Do you guys consider that a Buff to Symb Spidey and Spider Gwen, or a nerf to buff nullifiers. Because I can really tell how the community feels on stuff like this half the time.

Comments

• Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I mean I personally would consider this a buff but people on here seem to be a bunch of negative Nancies and think the worst of Kabam which makes me wonder why they are still even here.
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    To me it’s a buff.
    But I do think most people relying on nullifiers will disagree with that.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Not a fan of it, I enjoy being able to remove evade effects but oh well, there’s still AAR.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Its not only a buff, its a passive buff!

I think cosmic spidey being an active buff made sense in the universe because of venom's buffs being active. Making it passive breaks something in my reasoning. That being said, I always thought active buff evades were weird. Couple that with Cosmic champs supposed to be based off buffs and science champs supposed to be based off abilities that cant be nullified, consider me confused all around, even with how things were.

With cosmic spidey, you previously had three ways of decreasing evade:
    1. AAR
    2. Power Control
    3. Nullify/Counterspell

With that range of choices, it made him a sub-par defender imo. By making it passive, I think it opens up more opportunities for rank up for defense.

• Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »

I think cosmic spidey being an active buff made sense in the universe because of venom's buffs being active. Making it passive breaks something in my reasoning. That being said, I always thought active buff evades were weird. Couple that with Cosmic champs supposed to be based off buffs and science champs supposed to be based off abilities that cant be nullified, consider me confused all around, even with how things were.

1. AAR
    2. Power Control
    3. Nullify/Counterspell

With that range of choices, it made him a sub-par defender imo. By making it passive, I think it opens up more opportunities for rank up for defense.

Honestly I don’t think this will change much in war. He will still be easily countered. AAR and power control will still render him ineffective. This update will just help in future quests they design. Like how Sym Spidey was the “miniboss” before the Ghost boss in EQ.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »

1. AAR
    2. Power Control
    3. Nullify/Counterspell

Honestly I don’t think this will change much in war. He will still be easily countered. AAR and power control will still render him ineffective. This update will just help in future quests they design. Like how Sym Spidey was the “miniboss” before the Ghost boss in EQ.

It by no means makes him a great defender. Just a slight bump up from what he was. Not r4 worthy, but id sink resources into him for r3 5* I think.
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    It’s a buff to a variety of characters, any buff to one charcter is going to be a nerf to another, and vice versa
  • Options
    ChuckNorrisChuckNorris Posts: 104
    I'm in favor of changing the crosshairs of the crossed bones to passive furies because he is a mother for mystics with DM