**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Just Remove Parry & Dexterity

It's a pretty simple solution to all of the timing bugs that never seem to be acknowledged, adjusted, tested, or fixed. Remove Parry & Dexterity so we stop expecting them to work properly. The timing is crucial but when you play this game all the time and know when a parry should trigger but it doesn't, you tend to let your block down so you can start your attack because the champ should be stunned. Except they're not, they keep attacking, and you get destroyed. Same with Dexterity but it's slightly less of an impact. It's not a chance for Parry to trigger, that's not how it's described or designed and it never has been. It's a well timed block, so you can perfect that timing (in theory).

Comments

• Options
    RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    Rocap wrote: »
    Ch1efster wrote: »
    Ya.....no. Even 90% parry chance is better than none. Imagine your only main way of attack being intercept. No thank you.

I get that but not having something, to me, is better than having it and it not working. It would suck for a really long time but we'd eventually get use to it. You can't get better at something that is broken.

Then just don't put points in it

This is why we can't have nice things. This, and telling people who have issues with something not working, to just quit if they don't like a specific feature, are ignorant and disrespectful. Not to mention it's really not helpful at all.

Because you are having problems, you want me to have problems?

So you've never ran into an issue where you should get a parry and the AI should be stunned but it doesn't work?

Also, it's not really that hard to see the real point of my post. Fix it and if you can't then do something better.
  • Options
    SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    Just because something doesn't work doesn't mean that it should be removed. There are tons of factors in blocking and dodging that aren't necessarily the fault of parry or dex.
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    You need to get a good device. Never failed a parry or dex
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    imaginejim wrote: »
    Haha, no.

Basically the response from Kabam every time they see something about these issues.

Solid burn
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    There are issues with lag that causes timing problems. The Masteries themsleves are working as intended, for the most part. I'm not interested in playing without them, especially Parry. It would make a majority of gameplay frustrating. Nor do I support removing them because there are issues with them.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Kabam adjusted the speed of the AI so parry is more difficult to achieve
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    You need to get a good device. Never failed a parry or dex

8mz9athhaq1b.jpg

• Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    This is a big no.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    It's a pretty simple solution to all of the timing bugs that never seem to be acknowledged, adjusted, tested, or fixed. Remove Parry & Dexterity so we stop expecting them to work properly. The timing is crucial but when you play this game all the time and know when a parry should trigger but it doesn't, you tend to let your block down so you can start your attack because the champ should be stunned. Except they're not, they keep attacking, and you get destroyed. Same with Dexterity but it's slightly less of an impact. It's not a chance for Parry to trigger, that's not how it's described or designed and it never has been. It's a well timed block, so you can perfect that timing (in theory).

No how are we supposed to dodge half these specials without dexeterity come on dex saves us health potions
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Kabam adjusted the speed of the AI so parry is more difficult to achieve

They will call you a liar and tell you to stop spereading false rumors that are clearly true be prepared for a warning as will I be for this comment
  • Options
    Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    No, thank you.
    If they one day suddenly remove Parry & Dexterity without having something to replace them, it would affect the majority of players in this game. Even bigger commotion than 12.0
  • Options
    PolarisCVPolarisCV Posts: 10
    Should be removed and just made baseline. Surely no one can say they've made it far in the game without them.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    This gotta be a troll post lol
  • Options
    ErSandErSand Posts: 49

LOL, hold on mate don't be a selfish just because sometimes parry and dexterity not working that doesn't mean you want to remove those two basic utilities. And tbh those masteries still working for me, maybe that's just the timing.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    I thought it was just me whereby I party and enemy just keeps coming anyway. Whew, at least I see I'm not alone.
  • Options
    Ch1efster wrote: »
    Ya.....no. Even 90% parry chance is better than none. Imagine your only main way of attack being intercept. No thank you.

I get that but not having something, to me, is better than having it and it not working. It would suck for a really long time but we'd eventually get use to it. You can't get better at something that is broken.

Then just don't put points in it

This is why we can't have nice things. This, and telling people who have issues with something not working, to just quit if they don't like a specific feature, are ignorant and disrespectful. Not to mention it's really not helpful at all.

Because you are having problems, you want me to have problems?

So you've never ran into an issue where you should get a parry and the AI should be stunned but it doesn't work?

Also, it's not really that hard to see the real point of my post. Fix it and if you can't then do something better.
    Smash wrote: »

At first I thought you were sarcastically asking kabam to fix it. Then I read more of your comments and realized you just have a horrible idea. Sorry but no. Most of us get that bug where perry doesn’t register but to flat out getting rid of it and calling it a “fix” is just a horrible idea to say the least.

You clearly didn't read because my 2nd comment clearly shows I was being sarcastic.
  • Options
    It's not a troll, at least not in the sense that I'm saying something JUST to get negative emotions going to argue. It's not entirely sincere though, because I'd much rather have the mechanic work. It's an extremely important function, clearly based on the comments most of you feel the same. Nor do I actually want them to remove it. I want them to fix it but they're not going to fix it since they won't even acknowledge the problem exists, specifically for 2-3 weeks after every single update. It's atrocious and I want to take a 3 week break every time there's an update. Too bad there's an update every month so I'm at peak capabilities for 1 week a month? I'd much rather have to learn to fight without it than depend on it but willingly removing the mastery on my own is ignorant. Not to mention how stupid I'd look placing champs on defense without having Parry or Dexterity.