**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mastery tree balance?

acpacp Posts: 67
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
I used to have 0 points in my offence tree when defence mastery was dope. But since new bleed mastery you kinda have only one option to go for. IMO mastery tree's value should be equal. 'With current state of mastery, it attracts you towards same kind of set up between different players. There are very few who would go beyond willpower to invest in defence.

I once invested in defence in new mastery set up and to be honest I couldn't see any USEFULL effects in my fights like offence provides. There's no denying that offence attracts more players favor than defence and utility. I have few suggetions to make towards defence and utility mastery.

For your information all these effects would require heavy amount of mastery points so that you can't take too much benefit of other remaining mastery category.
Defence
Gaining buffs or removing buffs.
  • Meeting certain conditions one might get stack of armor, physical resistance, undestructible or tenacity buff. Any of these buffs can provide REAL protection in fights rather than depending on certain champs that apply some debuffs that reduce opponents attack.
  • Option to accquire new buffs like tenacity, indestructible or other some unique defence buffs rather than armor and resistance.
  • For armor and resistance buff they could work like each time opponent uses special or attacks you on block you get some stacking defence buffs. Or maybe if you double evade and block while staying in that position, you immidiately get some armor or resistance that reduces damage. This can reduce some unavoidable range damage.
  • Above all changes should require lot of mastery points so that you wont get too much of offence and utility benefit.
  • Current mastery reduces SPECIFIC BLEED damage instead of that it could be converted to detrimental damage reduction so that it can affect all the various debuffs like poison, neurotoxin, black ISO, frost bite, incinerate and more. This way it will make harder to spam arch angel, Dr voodoo and medusa like champs in war while providing good survival chances in quests.

Enhancing one's stat.
  • Current energy and physical resistance options are waste of mastery points. It can be reworked into something like you get 80% of resistance in one category either energy damage or physical damage but at the cost of heavy mastery point consumption so that you can't invest too much in other areas to go beserk.
  • If you have a armor buff you are bleed immune for that buff duration and if you have resistance buff you are poison immune for that duration (Credit to Iron man infinity war). And this could work since MOST champ's defence buffs only activates when you get hit. But we can make combo of this type of mastery with above mentioned mastery to activate these buffs without geting hit. This can increase survival chances for players who lack certain immune champs. And remember immunity status stays active while the buff is active so champs with default immunity will still be important but not necessary.

Reducing oppponent's stat.
  • Each time opponent uses a special attack there's a 30 % chance that damage is reduced to 50%
  • Each time opponent uses a special attack theres a 30% chance that it consumes all the opponent's power or it applies power lock on opponent.
  • If youre currently under a debuff (any kind , limbo, poison, bleed, frostbite, neurotoxin and more ) there's a 15% chance that next stack of same debuff will fail to activate.
  • Each time opponent evades (including dexterity and all kinds like passive or normal evade), there's a chance that next hit will be a miss. Or other possible trick is that if player hits opponent after an evade it stuns the opponent.
  • Each hit of combo meter reduces opponents ability acuracy by some 1% or something (I know its sounds too much but read next line). If combo is broken, next combo potency is reduced like 0.5% per hit and so on.

Others
Ability Protection Mastery player can choose to make one of the mastery tree(defence, offence or utility) to become immune to ability reduction effects.
Utility
Parry
  • Each time player activates parry on a meduim attack there's 2% chance to activate exchange, which will transfer all debuffs to opponent while stealing their buffs.
  • If player parries oppoents special attack there's a 20 % chance to activate counter attack, reflecting damage(damage of the one hit that was parried) back to oppoent.
  • Each time player or opponent passes a power threshold there's a chance that both of them gets powerlocked for next few seconds (can create really good counter mastery for power gain champs like hyperion and deadpoolx).

Stun
  • There's 30% chance that hitting a stunned oppoent will activate power steal.
  • There's 30% chance that Stuning opponent will remove all the buffs from opponent and player.
  • There's 50% chance that hitting an opponent will not give them power nor it will generate power for player(It can backfire because chances of player not genrating power and opponent not generating power are seperate so it is possible that player might generate power but opponent won't or opponent might generate power but player won't or both of them won't generate power).
  • Each hit while opponent is stunned reduces either player's debuff duration or opponent's buff duration. OR
  • Each hit whille opponent is stunned increases either player's buff duration or opponents's debuff duration.
Others
Each time player uses a heavy attack there's a chance to enrage opponent which will increase the chances of opponent using a special attack by 50% but it also doubles the damage for that special attack (If opponent end up using third special attack it will STILL do double damage so watch out!). This can really balance the death squad in arenas.

Notes: There's a lot I wanna write but I'm affraid it will be useless. I'm writing in general section so that other players can discuss about it since there are more peeps watching here I guess. In the end I'd only say that if mastery is not giving enough profit comparing to other masteries they won't be used. And if there are future mastery plans please fill us in so that we can at leasr know whast cooking in the store ;)

Comments

• Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    There’s a lot you wanna write? Think you wrote more than most care to read.... it took longer to scroll through your post than I want to spend reading a post. Cheers.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    The problem is once ppl have there mastery trees set, they don't modify it again. Or everyone hears about what's considered best setup so that's what everyone goes with.
    There has been no new masteries in over a year. No balances made to masteries. And now champs are being introduced who can use your own masteries against you.
  • acpacp Posts: 67
    Everyone hears about one best solution and goes with it becasue there IS only ONE good solution and that's why we need balance. And about new champs just read what I suggested its pretty interesting.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Having a balance would be nice. But there is too many problems with the game right now. I would be more than happy if they took the game down for 3 to 6 months just to get the game working as it should. And yeah the community hears or sees a youtuber say "omg this is a new trinity" and everyone opens up there wallets to go for those champs no matter the cost. I would like to see changing mastery trees, rotating synergies, all champs have a use. Masteries that can be good for one champ in a synergy but have a negative impact on another to gear people away from blade, sparky and ghost rider or even the new so called trinity of ghost, wasp and antman.