**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best champs for act 5?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    Goken2345 wrote: »
    Iceman, Sparky, Blade, Ghost Rider, X 23

I'm sure they're very good in Act 5, but unfortunately the OP has none of those champs. You have to use the champs you have, not the ones you want.

My final advice on Act Five, @SoulBreaker1229:

Don't be in a hurry. Act Five isn't going anywhere. You'll need to stockpile plenty of potions, crystals, boosts and units.

Those five stars of yours will be really helpful, especially Quake and Luke Cage. Get LC to 3/45 if you can. Learn how to use them - find some YouTube videos on both.

Unlike Act 4, all opponents in Act Five have their SP3 enabled. This means you have to focus more on strategy, and your enemy's Power bar. Get hit with an SP3 and you'll regret it! Quake is great for this, as she can take down opponents with few or even no hits.

Spend some time doing research on the forums as well as on YouTube. Don't take any one person's advice as entirely unbiased! You'll want advice on champions, as well as looking at how to beat each chapter individually.

For now you probably want to aim to clear 5.1/5.2, and become Uncollected, so you don't need to explore each map 100%. Once you're tackling Act 5, look ahead at each map and choose your path carefully. Some have easier nodes, or easier opponents.

Here's another link to get you started:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/34963/why-becoming-uncollected-isnt-as-difficult-as-you-think-it-is-and-why-its-worth-going-for-trying#latest

Good luck!
  • Options
    Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    You will no doubt require a Voodoo (4/5*), and a Hulk Ragnarok to deal with Dormammu's n Magiks n Mephistos
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    @Magrailothos i have a 6* beast.... you said his bleed is good? My 4* Tine deals 300 bleed dmg per sec (gpt a pi around 5,5k) and my 6* beast (pi 7,7k) deals 180 bleed dmg per sec... so no his bleed dmg is horrible. His sk1 is also useless. He only gets usefull when you start fight under 50% health or after sk2. All in all hes bad.

Scarlet Witch, Sparky and Iceman will help you alot in act 5. Never ever trust persons who say beast is good cause hes not. Got him as 4* dupe as 5* dupe and undupe as 6* and i can say hes not good.

I'm not sure who you're comparing Beast to, as you've been autocorrected. X-23? Sure, there are better bleeders in the game; and I think you're talking about X-23, who's one of the best. Fair enough: Beast's bleed is reasonable, not 'good'. It's equivalent to Wolverine and original Black Panther, better than Nightcrawler's instant bleed. It's worse than X-23 and Archangel. It's also a lot better than not causing bleed at all.

It's also only part of his power set, which is utilitarian. I recognise you don't rate him, which is your opinion. As I stated, I recommend Rogue above Beast; but others might argue differently: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/504533#Comment_504533
  • Options
    SoulBreaker1229SoulBreaker1229 Posts: 228
    I've heard that it helps to quit your ally to become Uncollected. So as not to play AWs or AQs and focus on quests.
  • Options
    ThisIsSpartanThisIsSpartan Posts: 2
    The top 3 rows are champs that I've used, and had success with. Are any of these champs good for Act 5?

• Options
    Lobster44Lobster44 Posts: 147
    edited August 2020

The top 3 rows are champs that I've used, and had success with. Are any of these champs good for Act 5?

I've just completed 5.1.5 with a worse roster so you should be good for that section at least, everyone from ghost rider up (as well as cap iw) is a great choice, void and corvus especially. btw make a new discussion in future, this one's 2 years old.
  • Options
    i took 5 star cgr, 5 star sunspot, 5 star america chavez, 5 star aegon and 6 star cap infinity war