**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Suicides vs deep wounds

RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
Maxed DW gives around 40% boost to bleeds + instant % upon impact

Double suicides give a flat 60% boost

So can dw altogether be avoided if double suicides are used? Since 60% bonus would cover the 40% advantage that DW gives? And it benefits all champs and not only bleeders

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    I don't think you got it correclty ...
    DW increases bleed by X seconds (between 1 and 5 extra ticks). It automatically removes 1% of enemies HP when you have more HP than them.
    Suicides give you 60% attack and deal damage over time on you.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Suicides have a niche in LoL and arenas. Other than that that, they should be avoided.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,358 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Rajuteda wrote: »

So can dw altogether be avoided if double suicides are used? Since 60% bonus would cover the 40% advantage that DW gives? And it benefits all champs and not only bleeders

It's more complex than that, as DW extends bleeds. Suicide Masteries have an entirely predictable effect on bleeds by increasing your base Attack rating. The longer your initial bleeds are, the less benefit you gain from Deep Wounds:

Say you have a long slow bleed lasting six seconds. Adding 2.5 seconds to that makes it 8.5 seconds, increasing the damage inflicted by just over 40%.

Now imagine a really short but intense bleed, like the ones from (just to take a completely random example) Blade's SP2. Increasing them from 0.5 seconds each to three seconds each increases the overall damage by 500%.

I'll just leave you with that to digest and consider how balanced it is; particularly within the old champs Vs new champs debate. Personally I think Deep Wounds should have extended bleeds by a % rather than a flat rate in the first place; like the coagulate and suture Masteries do. Too late to adjust it now though - I'm sure Kabam would have to refund the cost of unlocking it if they adjusted it now...
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Yes they would.. it’s extremely expensive. Just like they should be doing with MD. Don’t care what they say, people bought MD 5 with either loyalty, units, or both under the pretense it was what it was when they bought it. Changing it in any way making it less useful is robbing people of their purchase. Yes mystic dispersion is a strong mastery especially when maxed... so? Certainly not impossible to overcome.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Rajuteda wrote: »

It's more complex than that, as DW extends bleeds. Suicide Masteries have an entirely predictable effect on bleeds by increasing your base Attack rating. The longer your initial bleeds are, the less benefit you gain from Deep Wounds:

Say you have a long slow bleed lasting six seconds. Adding 2.5 seconds to that makes it 8.5 seconds, increasing the damage inflicted by just over 40%.

Now imagine a really short but intense bleed, like the ones from (just to take a completely random example) Blade's SP2. Increasing them from 0.5 seconds each to three seconds each increases the overall damage by 500%.

I'll just leave you with that to digest and consider how balanced it is; particularly within the old champs Vs new champs debate. Personally I think Deep Wounds should have extended bleeds by a % rather than a flat rate in the first place; like the coagulate and suture Masteries do. Too late to adjust it now though - I'm sure Kabam would have to refund the cost of unlocking it if they adjusted it now...

Most sensible answer