**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should I Rank Up 4-Star Wolverine? [edited by Mod for clarity]

Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
edited August 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I recently pulled a 4 star wolverine i am kind of new to the game and have only few 4 stars which includes AA DV the hood and others are meh champs

I just want to know if wolverine is good unduped as I heard he is very good duped and please let me know if I should level him and rank him up..

Thanks
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    wolverine is definitely VERY nice when duped. But I'd say focus on ranking up your Archangel and Doctor Voodoo. Wolverine can definitely be helpful in some circumstances, but AA and DV are much better.
    Oh yeah and the Hood isn't really super amazing either... still seems to be a very nice roster you've got there...
  • Options
    Hey Iron_spider1, I've edited the title of this discussion to make it more relevant to the questions you're asking here. I've also moved the discussion over to the correct Forum section.
  • Options
    VeeTeeTeeVeeTeeTee Posts: 72
    the hood is one of the best mystic champs imho. People don't use him that often because he's overshadowed by Voodoo Ghostrider and Magik. But his utility makes a great champ out of him even unduped. If I didn't have any of the mentioned mystics he'd be my rank 5 for sure. The only fact I don't use him that often is that I have all the three mentioned earlier at rank 5 and they came quicker than the hood. He's great against all the champs that heavily rely on buffs - Hyperion, Angela, Medusa etc. Also, his invisibility saves your neck when you suck at evading, or when you simply make a mistake
    If you have resources to max him out I would not think twice though voodoo would have priority, especially if he's duped
    as for the mutants you mentioned, AA is the one you want to focus on. Even unduped he has great damage output, when duped he's just insanely useful in 90% scenarios.
  • Options
    VeeTeeTee wrote: »
    the hood is one of the best mystic champs imho. People don't use him that often because he's overshadowed by Voodoo Ghostrider and Magik. But his utility makes a great champ out of him even unduped. If I didn't have any of the mentioned mystics he'd be my rank 5 for sure. The only fact I don't use him that often is that I have all the three mentioned earlier at rank 5 and they came quicker than the hood. He's great against all the champs that heavily rely on buffs - Hyperion, Angela, Medusa etc. Also, his invisibility saves your neck when you suck at evading, or when you simply make a mistake
    If you have resources to max him out I would not think twice though voodoo would have priority, especially if he's duped
    as for the mutants you mentioned, AA is the one you want to focus on. Even unduped he has great damage output, when duped he's just insanely useful in 90% scenarios.

I know right I just love hood he is very useful in many scenarios.. in fact I like him better than dv (unduped)
    Thanks for the reply
  • Options
    IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Wolverine when duped has a ginormous regen, if you play him well (meaning not using specials).
    I for one do not like him because his damage is very low. I prefer to use X-23, who has a much lower regen, but a much higher damage (and I have her as 5-star, but that-s another story).

I don't have The Hood, but I do have Voodoo, and he is outstanding.
    As for AA, I don't think there's anything left to say about him :smile:
  • Options
    IcsGrec wrote: »
    Wolverine when duped has a ginormous regen, if you play him well (meaning not using specials).
    I for one do not like him because his damage is very low. I prefer to use X-23, who has a much lower regen, but a much higher damage (and I have her as 5-star, but that-s another story).

I don't have The Hood, but I do have Voodoo, and he is outstanding.
    As for AA, I don't think there's anything left to say about him :smile:

Can I get him upto rank 3 or save my iso and use it when I get my first 5 star in a few days?
  • Options
    dfmoore26dfmoore26 Posts: 94
    Wolverine was great when alliance quests had adaptoids as opposed to sentineloids...

That being said, wolverine can get you through Realm of Legends very easily without revives or boosts (just takes a bit longer due to low attack).. then you get resources to rank another champ